Anyone do a Grand Tableau with this deck yet?

greatdane

I only like to do three card readings, so I prefer poker, bridge or tarot size, but I think it's great for those who do a Grand Tableau.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=0CF74EE7FDBCD1421CDC0CF74EE7FDBCD1421CDC

Do you prefer minis for a GT?

I saw this video, it may be posted elsewhere here in AT, but I thought it was cool for those who do readings around this time of year and who like smaller cards to do GT's.

IHeartRescues

Love me some minis!

Hi greatdane :) Well personally i prefer to have a couple of mini decks around for a GT. Not jumping on the Halloween theme this year, but definitely have a preference for clear uncluttered illustrations for the smaller cards.

My 2 favorites are:
the Wanderwust mini
and the AliZen's Moonshadow mini

First one is taken fm an old Lenormand (Wust) and highlighted w/ bright modern colors on just the part that points to the symbol itself, and the second on is a very modern take w/ simple and lovely clear images. And those 2 are all I need! (for now lol)

greatdane

Thank you for that, IHeartRescues!

Not doing GT's myself, it still seemed reasonable it might be a bit easier with a mini, if for no other reason than space.

And KUDOS to you! I have a rescue dog and I heart rescues too! :)

Padma

Eeesh. Too small for me, but I hope you enjoy your mini deck!

greatdane

I don't use minis, Padma :)

I was looking up videos on the Samhain Lenormand just to see if one was out there. I have three Samhains, the reg poker size, and all I found was the one on the mini and wondered if anyone used it esp for GT's.

To be honest, I would not only have a prob seeing a mini, but shuffling one. But I can see how they could be useful in GT's and space.

IHeartRescues

Just shmoosh them around on the table lol

Well greatdane, I actually keep a magnifying glass close by!

And PS: Rescues (think mutts) really do make the best (and healthiest) pets. I think it's because they have the benefit of not being bred to an unhealthy specification (?), and they never forget that it was YOU that took them in :D

greatdane

So true IHeartRescues

My dog was on the kill list at the shelter, a no kill took him and his brother, brother was adopted, he wasn't. He adopted me :). He's a CoJack, Corgi/Jack Russell. And the light of my life :)

Oh yeah back to minis! I can certainly see a use for them in GT's, but I would have a problem seeing them. Heck I have a prob shuffling them.

IHeartRescues

o just one more thing...

Hi again gd:

I just had an idea if you ever want to use a lot of cards but the minis are just too small for you...Trim your bridge-sized decks. I was just watching Malkiel using a guillotine slicer on his Lennies and a corner-rounder, and voila! no need to BUY any minis... I know, you don't use them....

Give the pooch an smooch! <3

greatdane

Thank IHreatRescues But

I don't do, and have no desire to do, GT's or any larger than three card readings with Lenormand or tarot and I would never trim a deck. Not good with scissors ahahahahahha. Seriously, I can edge, never trim.
Thanks for that tip though as I am sure others who do larger spreads and find minis too small will find that tip very useful.
And My Pup thanks you :)).

IHeartRescues

musta been the coffee

slight edit on last post
wow--just noticed how many exclamation marks i've been using lately....didn't mean to yell