Cartomancy

Wisp Wings

This section of Aeclectic Forum is suppose to be for oracles and non-tarot cartomantic. I have seen plenty of the oracles discussed here, but not any of regular, traditional cartomancy.

How many of us all have learnt reading regular playing cards, (poker type cards)? From all that I have seen, there is ever bit as much diversity in methods and meanings ascribed to them as there are the Tarot.

I would love if there was a lively forum on this subject. Which method do you use? How many have you tried? Why do you prefer the chosen way you read them? What spread(s) do you use? Have you learnt Regina Russell's way?

Little Baron

Hi Wisp Wings

I have been dabbling a little with playing cards. Really like the fact that there is no pictures to interrupt the messages. Having said this, I am very new to cartomancy and know very little. I am designing a playing card deck at the moment as part of my holiday project for my fashion degree. Will have to post a few up for you to see and you can tell me what you think.

Lively threads on cartomancy would be good. I have searched before for threads but there are few and are mainly around the basics. Would be very interested to discuss it further with you and learn more.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Logiatrix

Me, too!

Ditto on the words spoken by The Great Ya...
I read with playing cards, too. I use my own system, and I'm very eager to hear about other approaches.
It would be fun and enlightening to discuss this area of the oracular arts.
:D

Little Baron

Thanks Tauni

As I mentioned, here are a few of my playing cards. The meanings are shown at the bottom and top of each card but need to be fixed a little; at this size, you will not be able to read them but I am sure you get the general idea.

Hope you like.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Little Baron

Playing Cards

Here goes ....

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 360

Little Baron

playing cards

And another ...

Attachments

• pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 292

Little Baron

Playing Cards

Bored yet? LOL

Attachments

• pc6.jpg
    pc6.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 264

Little Baron

Playing Cards

And another ...

Attachments

• pc7.jpg
    pc7.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 256

Little Baron

Playing Cards

Last one ...

A lot of the others I have done, because of the nature of my brief, relate to mens sports/leisurewear which is where I am heading. I have tried to make the pictures interesting and useful to the cars but not too 'in your face' to disturb the reader from the messages.
I have enjoyed doing them and still have many shoots with my good old mannequin Jack to continue with.

Any ideas for a name??????

Yaboot (I don't really want my own name on it).

Attachments

• pc8.jpg
    pc8.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 258

Little Baron

Sorry to take the thread away from your original point Wisp Wings.

Yaboot