WHY you like the Lenormands you have or want

greatdane

I was looking at the ones I have and I use them all and thinking why I like certain ones.

At this point, I have all but two I want. I want the Anna. K and the second ed Flonz that should be coming out in months, I hope.

Looking through ones I have, while there is different artwork, I noticed two things:

1. no big playing card inserts Not that I think there is a thing wrong with them, but I don't read playing cards and I like the images as large as possible, so I just prefer no inserts. I don't mind playing card symbols, just don't care for an actual playing card.

2. EASY to see and read images....I can clearly see what each image is supposed to be

The Anna. K and the Flonz share those qualities and I will be happy to have them in my collection when they come out.

Is there a theme running through decks YOU love?

Village Witch

If there is a theme running through my decks, it is clear images and smooth shuffling. A lousy shuffling deck is deal breaker for me.

I recently traded the Enchanted Lenormand to a friend interested in exploring Lenormand for several bars of her homemade soaps. :-D The cards were way too busy. I don't know if I got a bad deck or not, but the cards were also very dark. They didn't shuffle worth a darn either.

The Mystical Lenormand is a bit too busy for my taste.

The Diva Lenormand is my go to deck. Shuffles so smoothly that I often shuffle with my eyes closed. White symbols on a black background. Magisches Lenormand is another deck with clearly recognizable symbols.

I like the Piatnik for it's clear bright pictures.

I admit to being a sucker for pretty pictures and quirky fun decks. The Zingdoole Lenormand is another favorite as it is a fun little deck with a unique style. Clients love it.

I got all excited with collecting decks when I first discovered Lenormand, most I no longer have any interest in. I can think of only five decks I use with any regularity out of the 19 decks I own. I am slowly finding new homes for most of them.

I too am awaiting the Anna K. :)

Torann

I really like my Pixies deck because it is so simple to read. There can be no confusion and I like the size of the cards. My second favorite is GR because of the colorful imaging. It just speaks to me and is stunning. I use those for 3-6-9 card readings. Pixies is perfect for the Grand Tableau.

Le Fanu

I love all my historical ones because of the simplicity, starkness and character. The sheer classicism of the Dondorfs - for me the RWS of Lenormands - the timelessness and old worlde fortune telling atmosphere which emanates.

Of the modern ones, I have such a soft spot for the Blue Bird - it seems to overtake all other contemporary ones. It's because it has classical paintings but none that I recognise, so it feels fresh and with no baggage. I like the composition, the eccentrically invented playing cards and the verses (which I never read). Heck, the unabashed prettiness. I genuinely find this little deck perfect in every way, for all its "fakeness" :D

reall

I like my Piatnik- because it's first lenormand I get and learn how to use and fall in love with beautiful romantic illustrations!^^

and my blue owl- for same simple and vintage style and because it's bit smaller and I can carry it everywhere without being afraid I'll lose or damage it because even if that happen I can easy get a new one!^^ did I say those are very affordable?XD and I recommend those two for anyone starting Lenormand!^^:))

same goes for Mystical but this have specific artstyle and astrological association but no card insertions so I noticed many people chose this for 1st Lenormand (I run Tarot web shop so I know this!^^:), not my cup of tea, I ditched this for Gilded Reverie Lenormand my Ultimate READING Lenormand!^^XD LUV IT FOR BEST ILLUSTRATIONS EVER! AND BECAUSE IT ALWAYS GIVE SO MUCH TO READ!XD and people luv it!^^(this is on my best seller list!^^ many decide this for their 1st deck and other who buy it ofter return for 2nd copy!XD and I never had any remarks on this deck!^^ but I get lots of complaints from people to Piatnik and blue owl how it leave them cool etc?x,x lolz ;))

and last is my Chakra Lenormand!^^https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/
luv it for so many reasons!^^ because I created it! and it's first deck made by me!^^ so I had full freedom to create cards just the way I like!^^ and add extra layers n cards and I learned so much!^^ and I made it with specific purpose-to give deep insight into health/chakra situation so no need to say it worked like a charm for me! still amazed how good reading I get with this deck!XD even with some *inconvenient cards I was inspired to add!XD lolz it was fantastic summer and experience I recommend to anyone who wish to deepen it's understanding of Lenormand/ Tarot!^^ even if you think you don't have art skill just doodle or collage or whatever works for you and you'll gain something amazing!^^ so this and GRL are my regular decks!XD still use Piatnik at random for travel/outside (when I don't want to mess my GRL!XD) and I find my Chakra Lenormand mini size is PERFECT for shuffle and use when you lack space for GT!XD so I fall in love with mini size!^^ so now I think I would get any lenormand with fantastic art (my cup of tea!^^ and there is many like this on my wish list!^^) and mini size!^^(not many of this option on market!x,x) so those two may be my breaking point for ordering!XD

Jen P

I just got my new Limited Edition MINI Gilded Reverie Lenormand with 11 extra cards! I love its flexibility and use of directionality (thanks to seeing Malkiel's youtube videos - we miss you Malkiel!) l love Ciro's larger self-published deck too, but this one will be so much easier to use with GTs. It would be great if US Games made this in a tin. If interested, contact Ciro or USGames. Make sure you emphasize the mini size and inclusion of the extra cards.

A new favorite is LeFanu's Lilac Dondorf. Thank you LeFanu and Lauren! It's clear and the colors are breathtaking.

Another choice for its ease of use is Melissa Hill's Postmark Lenormand and mini deck. I use my trimmed and glittered French Cartomancy quite a bit. I also adore Lauren's Game of Hope and mini deck, as well as my Pixie's Astounding Lenormand and Paris DeBono's Vintage Lenormand.

There are so many more but these are the decks I choose most often.

Darkmage

I only have a few Lenormands.

My go-to one is the USG Blue Owl. It's clear and while I don't like the crap poetry on each card, the images are unambiguous and the deck's easy to replace if it gets lost.

I love Piatnik for the same reason. It's a bit harder to find in the States, but the box illustration is a riot and I really wish someone would release it here. I like the playing card inserts over the doggerel verse.

Mystical has gorgeous art. As a reading deck, errm, not so much.

The deck that came with the Easy Lenormand kit strikes me as a nice hybrid of Blue Owl and Piatnik. I just don't like the suede bag they came in being so tight. I'm always afraid I'll damage it or the cards with normal use. :/

Not so much a fan of Enchanted Lenormand. The images are muddy and the cards are like coasters. I got it because I got the kit for a song on Ebay brand new and the book that comes with it is extremely useful.

Teheuti

I love all the various Dondorfs (modern and old) as long as they are bridge-sized. The larger decks just don't work for my GTs. In fact I prefer bridge-sized decks although I have a few poker-size that are just wonderful.

I also like the CartaMundi (Brepols) decks.

I love the Game of Hope repros, and use them often even though they are poker-size. I love a lot of the repro 19th century decks - especially the American ones like Madam Morrow's. (I collect original old folk-decks but rarely use them because they are delicate.)

As I've mentioned before, these old decks have large, clear, unambiguous and mostly uncluttered images and playing card insets.

So, generally speaking: bridge-sized; with large, clear, unambiguous, uncluttered images; plain backgrounds that disappear, and playing card insets (or at least card indicators).

I like modern decks that follow the above. Above all, I want to be able to clearly and immediately identify each card in a GT with no mix-ups.

reall

I just got my new Limited Edition MINI Gilded Reverie Lenormand with 11 extra cards! I love its flexibility and use of directionality (thanks to seeing Malkiel's youtube videos - we miss you Malkiel!) l love Ciro's larger self-published deck too, but this one will be so much easier to use with GTs. It would be great if US Games made this in a tin. If interested, contact Ciro or USGames. Make sure you emphasize the mini size and inclusion of the extra cards.

A new favorite is LeFanu's Lilac Dondorf. Thank you LeFanu and Lauren! It's clear and the colors are breathtaking.

Another choice for its ease of use is Melissa Hill's Postmark Lenormand and mini deck. I use my trimmed and glittered French Cartomancy quite a bit. I also adore Lauren's Game of Hope and mini deck, as well as my Pixie's Astounding Lenormand and Paris DeBono's Vintage Lenormand.

There are so many more but these are the decks I choose most often.
OMG! GRL mini is on my wish list!:)) and would like to add glitt to my next mini project!^^ what do you recommend I use for that?:))

Edit just to add bridge size is my next fav!^^ imo some tarot decks would look perfect bridge size!XD :))

greatdane

So great to read what readers love and why!

It seems ONE theme that is running through many posts and that the images are easy to see and read.