5 of swords rx and Lovers rx as positive outlook

Isobel Gaudie

Hi,

last night I found myself back in a black,emotional hole. To cheer myself up I did the "My life ain't so bad after all" spread found in the list. Worked like a charm in the past. But this time my reading felt like a train at the end of a tunnel instead of light.
Therefore I did the entire spread a second time, cards coming up with pretty much the same answers and leaving me puzzled combining and interpretating. I know, I possibly complicated the reading as I then decided to keep both readings as one.

I picked a significator at first to see about which issue my deck wants to tell me about.

Death rx

I refer this to a long love triangle I dragged myself out of about 2 weeks ago. It was a painful neverending story. Folly in love. I had to finish it for the sake of my well being.

I will post the entire reading in the appropriate section later on.

The end was very interesting.
"What positive thing will come my way soon that will remind me of my life not being that bad at all?"

I pulled 5 of swords reversed and Lovers reversed.

There is not much positivity in them in my eyes. Those are rather my break-up cards.
5 of swords are conflict ridden. Nasty arguments. Reversed somebody bites their tongue for the sake of peace or just walks away from the scene tired of fighting.

Lovers reversed is my card for unrequieted love or break-up.
Combined it could mean a splitting could happen in my environment. Maybe the other half of the triangle will blow up too. But is that something positive?

5+6 sums up to Justice as a quint.

Maybe there will be a karmic payback.

Which positive meaning can you see in 5 of Swords rx and Lovers rx?

Thank you.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Isobel Gaudie!

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules. You may discuss up to half of the cards from a single reading here in UTC. Please edit your post to remove mention of the second reading. Even as context to one of the cards you wish to discuss, it's a complete reading and can't be discussed here in UTC. You can post the complete reading along with your interpretations over in YR and post a link to it here if you wish.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

rwcarter

"What positive thing will come my way soon that will remind me of my life not being that bad at all?"

I pulled 5 of swords reversed and Lovers reversed.
No cards always mean the same thing. And since the position specifically addressed positives, you have to find the positive interpretations in the cards.

The 5S upright is about the bully winning. Rx, it could be about you triumphing over the bully (your ex, your relationship history, something in you that chooses a certain type, etc.). Upright the Lovers could be about connection with another. Rx, it could point to loving yourself instead of focusing your love outward.

Rodney

Isobel Gaudie

No cards always mean the same thing. And since the position specifically addressed positives, you have to find the positive interpretations in the cards.

The 5S upright is about the bully winning. Rx, it could be about you triumphing over the bully (your ex, your relationship history, something in you that chooses a certain type, etc.). Upright the Lovers could be about connection with another. Rx, it could point to loving yourself instead of focusing your love outward.

Rodney

Thanks for your response. I think I lack optimism. Winning over bullies and appreciating myself more. That's a good point.
That would fit well into the rest of the reading. I feel unsure about the Lovers though. But my self-esteem is rockbottom. I did and tried my best and failed.

I'm still new to reading with reversals. I remember that the Lovers can stand for healing from a bad relationship. Maybe I will heal faster than I expect. Winning over that could be a possibility. It would go well with Justice.

headincloud

The end of conflict and arguments due to the end of the relationship in the lovers.

Isobel Gaudie

The end of conflict and arguments due to the end of the relationship in the lovers.

That makes sense. But it's already there. I have closed every window of communication.

I'm still drooling over that reading. 5 of swords rx came up twice in it. The first position was about what tough situation did I just come out of, left behind.
And it came up a third time earlier on in a quckie when asking what I need to know about him.
The deck was cleaned every time it came up. 5 swords rx has stalking qualities.

Maybe its best if I post the entire reading in the appropriate section. It was filled with headbenders and stalker cards.

Edit: Headinclouds, I took another look at my notes. Your take sounds very fitting. 5of swords reversed came up the second time for what tough situation am I currently dealing with that wont be a problem anymore soon. Please excuse my mistake. My head is suffering from a long,sleepless night. :)

Cocobird55

Since everyone goes through changes, I see these cards in a positive light. The 5SR could mean that you will have some peace as a result of the ending.

I would look at the Lovers rx as maybe taking a break from relationships and giving yourself time to heal.

Isobel Gaudie

Since everyone goes through changes, I see these cards in a positive light. The 5SR could mean that you will have some peace as a result of the ending.

I would look at the Lovers rx as maybe taking a break from relationships and giving yourself time to heal.

Thank you for responding. Please excuse me for taking a little to get back. Peace is something what I need urgently.
I can't see myself in a relationship soon anyways. That rollercoaster I suffered took a massive toll on me emotionally. In those 2 years I had to deal with blackmail, denial, lies etc. I was the initial girlfriend, but then he chose somebody more convenient but lacking cake.

Isobel Gaudie

I thought to give feedback on how I feel or see the cards panning out.

5 of swords reversed start to become clear. I start feeling relieved. What I start seeing in this card is the avoidance of a conflict. It was a horrible situation for more than a year. First being the inofficial girlfriend, then turned into the other woman, then being the secret escape if things turned sour in his new relationship and as icing being the crying box for his closeted sexual orientation.
Now I am free. There is no much ground for trouble anymore and I stopped beating myself up.

The lovers card has started jumping all the time. That's a bit puzzling. I do get a lot of romantic interests, but no reciprocation from my side.