January Faery Focus: The Singers

DragonFae

Thought I would get us started on January with the Singers. I have several theories or ideas about this group of faery cards....but I'm short on time so I will have to come bacl this evening to share them ....in the meantime,,,share any stories or ideas you have about the Singers...

Do they turn up frequently in your readings?

What do you think it means when there are a lot of them in a reading?

Are there ever negative conotations where the Singers are involved?

How does the energy of the Singers play out in life?

Just some questions to get you thinking.....

Guiding Cauldron

DragonFae said:
Thought I would get us started on January with the Singers. I have several theories or ideas about this group of faery cards....but I'm short on time so I will have to come bacl this evening to share them ....in the meantime,,,share any stories or ideas you have about the Singers...

Do they turn up frequently in your readings? Usually when Im in a real low point I get Singers showing up, its like a sweet support system and a swift kick in my bum! :)

What do you think it means when there are a lot of them in a reading? Defiently something needs my attention and straight away! SO I tend to take notice :)

Are there ever negative conotations where the Singers are involved? The only negativity Iv eever expierienced has been from me and pushing it outward to others but not ever from teh Fae they just get me to take notice even in some unpleasant ways again to get my attention lol!

How does the energy of the Singers play out in life? Supreme heart healing, and exuberance for life I find.

Just some questions to get you thinking.....

What a nice focus for January thank you for posting!

Alta

Yes, I get the Singers surprisingly often, and I find them a cooler, more impersonal energy than the other fae, even the Challengers.

I find that the non-Singer fae tend to be more earthy, or airy or fiery or watery, but the Singers seem to have no elemental association, almost like pure spirit. When I get them I generally spend three to five times longer with them than the more accessible cards.

While they are not angry per se, they often strike as stern.

Other thoughts?

Alta

lark

They seem to be connected to my chakra system, often times zeroing in on an area where I am off balance even before I realise it.

DragonFae

Alta I hadn't really thought about it ...but the way you describe it is very true...For a very long time I never got the Singers at all but for the last six months or so ...they seem to be turning up a lot...

I agree ...the other fae seem elemental...almost "natural" so to speak but the Singers seem...."other worldly"......I know they are suppose to be very strong energy and should be a positive sign in a reading but honestly sometimes I feel the opposite....like they are pointing out some universal truth that I am missing....they don't really give me a warm cuddly feeling...

I think the other fae all have "personality" for lack of a better word...an earthy connection or perhaps a human connection....I can connect with them on some human level....not so much the Singers...they seem a little more formidable....a little more distant....

I'll be back later tonight to post some more thoughts....off to shop a bit and then cook dinner!!

DragonFae

Okay as I said earlier I have a couple theories about the Singers...

1. One being that The Singers are actually part of a larger puzzle....that the things represented by the Singers all fit together to make one. Sort of like the knowledge of the Universe...or perhaps one might think of it as aspects of God or a Higher Power...the lessons and energy meant to draw us nearer.

"in a sense they are messengers of Unity"

Keeping in accord with that I want to spend some time actually looking at the Singers and see if they might somehow fit together to make one....like the images are actually part of a larger picture....I know it's a bit of a stretch but I still want to examine them with that idea in mind.

2. Question: Where did Froud come up with the name or label..."singers". Did I miss it...was it talked about? Is it actually in faery lore? You know the show where a code is put in and a Gate is opened to other universes and other times....I can not REMEMBER the name of that TV show...but anyway ...perhaps the Singers are actually NOTES in a SONG....that opens the door to the "other world"...the universe...or whatever we want to call it...

together the notes of the Singers create the "song of Ekstasis" The problem is we need to figure out the exact note the Singer is presenting to us...and be able to blend it together with the others to create the song ....perhaps that is why I find the Singers so ellusive in readings...it is difficult to catch the exact "note" that they are conveying in the reading...

I want to ponder this a bit more and check a couple things...then I'll be back with some more musings...

Alta

For some reason (something I read), I had impression that Brian Froud saw faeries along a sort of continuum and that Singers were the highest vibration. I find them that way as well.

Though I always get a shiver of delight when I draw one, I also find much less amenable to drawing out divinatory meanings. They do not seem to vibrate that way, for lack of a better word. I tend to think of them as closer to angels than faeries, given their vibrational level.

So, for me the various fae like the Help Troupe and the Challengers are closer to us in many senses, much closer to the vibrational level of humans. And I think that is why they can sort of chatter while we read their meanings. But with the Singers it is like seeing some mighty facet of nature, like say Niagara Falls, while extremely impressive it hardly seems personal. But if you see a tiny but pretty waterfall in a park, it seems more our scale.

To me the Singers seem to be purer, more Light-like and also not so fixed to one place. They sort of flow with the unfolding of the universe. The other faeries it seems possible to see them as fixed to one time and place while the Singers are everywhere and no where.

Well, I probably didn't express too clearly, but is roughly how I see them.

Alta

DragonFae

Oh...the tv show was Stargate.....I knew I'd figure it out sooner or later...

The vibrational thing makes a lot of sense...and closer to angels also resonates with me...

I like how you sum it up...."The other faeries it seems possible to see them as fixed to one time and place while the Singers are everywhere and no where."

This is very very true.....like the nature of the Singers is woven into all parts of life...the air, the earth, human life, the universe, the divine etc.
They can not be pulled out and made clear because they are so inter woven into the fabirc of life....

DragonFae

This quote brought to mind the Singers...or perhaps the message of the Singers...

"When you're in solitary confinement, and you're six feet under without light, sound, or running water; there's no place to go but inside. And when you go inside you discover that everything that exists in the universe is also within you." Rubin Carter

faerylvr

Time and space seem almost surreal to the Singers..they surpass those things that we think of as tangible and work to move those things that are intangible. I'm not sure how or why, but my listening to the shows my husband and youngest son watch on String Theory and the 11th dimension and all that physics stuff always makes me think of the Singers.