A Big Giant WOW...about my universal card!

pippi

Hi!! My Faeries' Oracle came yesterday and I was SO excited! I hope you won't mind my sharing this story, which will potentially be rather long winded.

It took me a long time to pick my favorite. It ended up being between Taitin the Sylph and Ffaff the Ffooter. Mentally, I wanted to choose Taitin, because I was drawn to her sparkle and shine. But emotionally, Ffaff was calling my name. I kept going back and forth...it took quite some time...but ultimately, I couldn't deny that Ffaff was the one for me.

Then my most uncomfortable cards were between The Soul Shrinker (for probably obvious reasons), A Collective of Pixies (the anorexic bodies are hard for me to look at), and The Sage (his glare feels very unfriendly and makes me uncomfortable). I decided on the Soul Shrinker.

This process took so much longer than I had anticipated.

So I did the writing exercises about the two cards, then put them randomly back into the deck and shuffled a few times, a few different ways. I laid the cards face down on a blanket on the floor in 6 rows of 11...to do the next exercise. My eye immediately latched onto one particular card, but I gave all the others a chance as well. But my eye kept coming back to this one card. I also noticed one near it pulling me, but not nearly as strongly as the first one. So I swept my hand over the cards, over each and every card. When I got to "the one", I felt my hand tingle. As soon as I moved to the next card, the tingling stopped. I moved over all the cards, then came back to that one card, and it tingled again. I knew that had to be the one.

So I turned it over, and it was Ffaff! The one I had chosen as my favorite! I couldn't believe it!!!! I was so excited, I kissed the card. I actually kissed it! LMAO! So then I read that this card was a sign from the Universe...and I was amazed that I had picked the one that I had already chosen as my favorite.

So then I went back, curious...to the second card. The one that I felt a slight tug towards, and turned it over. It was The Soul Shrinker...my most uncomfortable card! I was really wowed...

Not sure what this means, really... When choosing my most/least comfortable cards, and spending time with them, was my energy infused in the cards so much that I could choose them out of a crowd face down?

When I was writing about Ffaff, the things that attracted me to him was that I felt he was humble, real, and true to himself. I had this strong feeling that he was down to earth, and had a strong sense of self worth. Kind, peaceful, content, simple, easy going and relaxed. One who was comfortable being exactly who he is.

I then read the description in the book, and it was cool to see the key words read "Being Real. Earthing. Grounding. Centering." That's exactly what I picked up on. However...when I read on, I was a little surprised to find that I had chosen the FOOT FUNGUS FAIRY as my favorite! LMAO!! What the...?! I thought it was cute the way he had his foot in his hand, and when I choose him, I hadn't even read the name on the card (those titles are hard to read anyway!). But foot fungus?!?! :bugeyed:

I have yet to look up the Soul Shrinker's description in the book. Not sure I'm ready for what awaits me there!!

I just had to share my experience of the magical choosing of my universal card. I was pretty darned amazed!! I think tonight I shall sing and dance with my new faerie friends! :party:

Alissa

Aren't the Fae an amazing set of cards? They never cease to amaze me, I agree! It sounds like they've delighted and captivated you, claiming you as a Fae child which is something many of us Fae forum folk can understand.

As for the Soul Shrinker, you might wanna take the time to look up the thread on him here as well as reading what's in the book. He is an AMAZING card and his lesson is extremely profound. Personally, I like what we've said about him here on AT more than what the book says.

On the anorexic pixie body, remember that their appearance can seem to suggest self harm to those of us who inhabit the physical realm, but as a creature of the astral realm they are really only willow wisps of energy and light, and therefore do not represent harm or lacking in any way. But it is interesting what they can teach you about the physical realm just by showing you such an appearance, no?

pickled pixie

Hi Pippi and welcome :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story, It really is an amazing deck (although I don't really see them as a deck but more as a group of little friends helping and cheering me on in everything I do) As you spend time with them you will notice they all have a personality of their own. Enjoy your time with them and if you are really lucky you may find life will never quite be the same again :D

pp xxx

AJ

Hi Pippi, the companion book gives you a nice start to working with the deck doesn't it? So many people haven't got a clue where to start with an oracle because they are used to the keyword prompts for tarot. Froud gives a hand along a different path.

pippi

Alissa...

Alissa said:
It sounds like they've delighted and captivated you, claiming you as a Fae child which is something many of us Fae forum folk can understand.
Oooh, I'm a Fae child now...I ♥ it! :)

Alissa said:
As for the Soul Shrinker, you might wanna take the time to look up the thread on him here as well as reading what's in the book. He is an AMAZING card and his lesson is extremely profound. Personally, I like what we've said about him here on AT more than what the book says.
I'll definitely be checking out all the forums here now!

Alissa said:
On the anorexic pixie body, remember that their appearance can seem to suggest self harm to those of us who inhabit the physical realm, but as a creature of the astral realm they are really only willow wisps of energy and light, and therefore do not represent harm or lacking in any way. But it is interesting what they can teach you about the physical realm just by showing you such an appearance, no?
Yeah, this is going to be a challenge of a card for me. Every time I see it, I think of starving children, and the rib bones sticking out is not a pleasant vision for me.

````````````````````

pickled pixie...

pickled pixie said:
Hi Pippi and welcome :) Thank you so much for sharing your story, It really is an amazing deck (although I don't really see them as a deck but more as a group of little friends helping and cheering me on in everything I do)
I can totally see this too! I can't wait to get to know them better!

pickled pixie said:
Enjoy your time with them and if you are really lucky you may find life will never quite be the same again.
I have a feeling that is going to be true, and it's so very exciting! Thank you for your kind welcome. :)

````````````````````
AJ...

AJ said:
Hi Pippi, the companion book gives you a nice start to working with the deck doesn't it? So many people haven't got a clue where to start with an oracle because they are used to the keyword prompts for tarot. Froud gives a hand along a different path.
Hi AJ!!! :) It's a lovely book, though I'm not sure yet when to read the descriptions. I have a feeling I should spend time with each and every faerie, gathering my own meanings first, before consulting what the book says about them. (Which is SO hard, because I'm itching to read the whole book!!!) But just by doing that with my "favorite" card, I was able to get a deeper meaning for the faerie, and feel less limited than if I had first read the book's description.

Okay, can someone please tell me...is it spelled "faerie" or "faery" for a singular one?

Something else I wanted to share... my kids received a gift from a family member this past weekend...a vintage Troll Playset! There are trolls with a little tree house and furniture, etc. Just a couple of days before the faeries arrived! It was pretty cool!

greenbeans

pippi said:
Hi AJ!!! :) It's a lovely book, though I'm not sure yet when to read the descriptions. I have a feeling I should spend time with each and every faerie, gathering my own meanings first, before consulting what the book says about them. (Which is SO hard, because I'm itching to read the whole book!!!) But just by doing that with my "favorite" card, I was able to get a deeper meaning for the faerie, and feel less limited than if I had first read the book's description.

Actually, the book is in 3 sections, a sort of introduction bit, the 'main' bit with the card meanings, and the last bit with further spreads etc. Well, if you read the first bit, (p1-45) there are no card meanings, just lots of exercises to help you connect with the Fae and find your own meanings. Its beautifully written. You might want to give it a go!

pippi said:
Okay, can someone please tell me...is it spelled "faerie" or "faery" for a singular one?

Well *adjusts glasses* historically the name for a singular being was a 'Fae', from the French 'Fee'. The land they lived in, or the state of enchantment they induced in humans, was known as 'Faerie'. Through time, people got confused and started calling one Fae a Faery. Or a Fairy. Or a Faerie. Or a Farisee. Or a Pharisee. Or a Piskie, a Pixy, a Pigsey...even a Pigwigeon. In conclusion, (listen up people this WILL be in the final exam of Fae Studies 101), You may call the Faeries pretty much what you please as long as you provide them with biscuits. Class dismissed!

by the way..trolls AND faeries...oh boy! what have you let yourself in for!?

pippi

greenbeans said:
Actually, the book is in 3 sections, a sort of introduction bit, the 'main' bit with the card meanings, and the last bit with further spreads etc. Well, if you read the first bit, (p1-45) there are no card meanings, just lots of exercises to help you connect with the Fae and find your own meanings. Its beautifully written. You might want to give it a go!

Yes, I did that, and that's how I came up with my universal card. The exercises were great. I even danced with them last night! :) :)

Well *adjusts glasses* historically the name for a singular being was a 'Fae', from the French 'Fee'. The land they lived in, or the state of enchantment they induced in humans, was known as 'Faerie'. Through time, people got confused and started calling one Fae a Faery. Or a Fairy. Or a Faerie. Or a Farisee. Or a Pharisee. Or a Piskie, a Pixy, a Pigsey...even a Pigwigeon. In conclusion, (listen up people this WILL be in the final exam of Fae Studies 101), You may call the Faeries pretty much what you please as long as you provide them with biscuits. Class dismissed!

LOL!!! Thanks greenbeans!! :) Mmmm, biscuits.... ;)

by the way..trolls AND faeries...oh boy! what have you let yourself in for!?

LMAO! I KNOW!!!! :laugh: ...Now where's the smiley face for "looking around the room quite paranoid"???

Jewel

Pippi,

Glad you have been having so much fun with your faeries.

After I completed the exercises, I started drawing a faerie guide and companion every day ... seven years later I am still doing it and carry the faeries in my purse at all times *LOL*. What I did, was that I would read about my faerie companion and kept a log of who visited me each day to see if who I got when. I don't do that anymore, but I still draw them every day and love having them with me.

One of the key things you will learn in working and playing with them is that you cannot classify them into good or evil, that they simply are what they are. They do not hold to human standards, and I have learned a lot from that. For one, I am much less judgemental than I was 7 years ago.

The other big lesson I got was that they are not a deck of cards, but they are my friends - mind you, Soul Shrinker now being one of my most favorite faeries when he was once upon a time my least favorite as he is yours now. As Alissa recommended to you, spend time with him. His lesson is profound. The threads here that discuss him really show many of the things we have all discovered about him. He is quite artistic, he loves to help me draw and paint :D.

The book is good starting point, but the faeries are much more than any parragraph can tell you. They will teach you much of what you wish to know, just trust them.

pippi

Thanks Jewel...I think I may start pulling one a day, as I do with Tarot. Otherwise I may not have enough time to devote to the deck. That's a good idea. I still have not read up on Soul Shrinker, but I will!

I actually saw one of the faeries the other day, but I suppose that's a story for another thread! :D

Jewel

pippi said:
I actually saw one of the faeries the other day, but I suppose that's a story for another thread! :D
Maybe ... maybe not ... ~giggles~

You must share your stories with us, it is nice to hear others' experiences and lets us all know we are not alone or crazy *LOL*