Me, Me, all about Me, decks

hunter

The desert island thread really got me thinking.

Which of our favorite decks are all about reading about our codependent relationships? Which decks are life changing in helping up to maneuver in our sick environments, but not really working on the most sacred parts of ourselves?

Which decks help us bond with the divine or our guides?

When you are truly alone and not running circles around someone else, which decks help us truly connect with ourselves and/or the divine?

I've only been testing my decks for a week by this standard. I've found no quick answer.

So far Good witch Bad Witch seems to be doing a good job of not dwelling on others or my reactions to them. Funny surprise. Tiny, Off center, quirky deck I got in a cast off bin, that I bought on a whim.

I have high hopes for the Well Worn and Hidden Path decks. I bought them just for this reason. I hoped they would focus on ME and doing solitary rituals.

I'm so tired of losing myself in codependent behavior. I want some decks that talk to ME, the real me, not the leftovers that remain after everyone else spends the day mucking me up.

Any suggestions or comments?

F.M. Tarot

I'm not really sure what you mean? If you think about it, you can make anything in the world all about you and only you, so oracles certainly too! It's all in how you approach and read the oracle. Make everything about you and it is.

hunter

Yes, we can pick and choose just the parts of the book meanings that apply to us alone and not our relationships. But oracles, even more than tarot are an extension of one persons or a small groups world view. And many world views are either focused on being codependent or ending codependent behavior. The FOCUS of most decks is relationships.

The Joy of Relationship Cards are a great oracle and have probably kept me from committing homicide of my best friend.

The Four Agreements gives me a knock over the head every time time I pick a card even though all the cards are basically just the same 4 cards repeated over and over.

But these decks and so many others are so focused on us a part of a group. They don't focus on us as individuals and don't help us strengthen that small flame of individuality.

It can often be hard to hold onto, or build our individuality, in the midst of a bunch of strong and demanding others. We end out acting as appendages to others rather than as an individual. We follow their course, not our own.

So yes, I have decks that say follow your own course and attack codependant behavior.

But what I really want is a deck that models the behavior without correcting it. That jumps right over the codependent relationships by focusing on me alone and very little on relationships.

Sometimes I don't want to deal with my relationships. Sometimes I just want to work on me and my relationship with the divine.

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear. I don't know how else to explain it.

DragonFae

You might consider The Answer is Simple Deck...

The cards are brightly colored....and here are some examples....

Card 44: Stick with It..."as you wake your spirit and begin to live in the higher frequency of love, the ego becomes confused ans wants to resist. ....stick with your higher intentions. (theres more this is just an excerpt)

Card 5 Turn on the Light: " Right now you"re being asked to view your circumstances with the illumination of your Spirit."

Card 55 Thank God..." the ego forgets to be thankful...your ego can learn how to attract flow and abundance.."

Not sure if this is what you want but they do speak of spirit and a higher being and positive interactions with in this relationship

Bernice

hunter: But oracles, even more than tarot are an extension of one persons or a small groups world view. And many world views are either focused on being codependent or ending codependent behavior. The FOCUS of most decks is relationships.
I don't think M. Lenormand would have agreed with you :)

Bee :)

hunter

I was already wondering about Sonia's ask your guides deck. I will have to look at the Answer is Simple too. I skimmed the ask your guides book at the bookstore but just couldn't afford it. I'm going to try and get it from the library.

I have her Soul Lessons Deck, and it is really good when I WANT to deal with codependent stuff...but not what I want right now when I just want to sidestep that stuff. I had her deck on intuition, but loaned it and never got it back. Part of the focusing on intuition was dealing with codependence head on. It reminded me of the Artist's Way book, just substituting intuition for creativity.

I know nothing about the lenormand oracle. I just did a quick google and that looks like a serious project as vast as taking on tarot. A project for a different time and place I think :)

I'm about 3/4 way through reading the Well Worn Path and liking what I see so far. I would love some type of ritual making and meditation class based on these 2 oracles.

I'm really in need of some spoon feeding in rituals and personal issues right now and know it's going to take more work and study than I can easily give. Sigh. I guess it's good at least I know what direction to move in and will just have to plod along the best I can :)

hunter

I just got a look at the beginning of the ask your guides book. BIG no for that deck right now. It seems that all the guides do is help you have better relationships :-0 UGH!

seanchai

I skimmed this thread and thought I had nothing to add, but then I came back, because I realized that I do, indeed, have a "me" deck... and in fact I've referenced it as my "me" deck many many times on AT! I'm just so used to it being my very personal, very deep deck, that I overlooked the one that was, literally, in plain sight (five inches from my hand, at present).

My Druidcraft is my workhorse deck and I use it for me, others, strangers, friends etc, but my Celtic Wisdom is for me and me alone. Only I read with it, and only for me, and only on issues concerning me directly. To be honest, it's hard for me to let anyone else even *touch* it... and even then, all they're allowed to do is look through the cards. I'm not nearly so precious with any other deck I've handled... they're tools, nothing more... but the Celtic Wisdom feels too deeply personal for me to allow much handling by others. I was advised by many not to make it my second deck ever, because the cards have all been renamed and the minor arcana are very differently structured from any "traditional" meaning... but I clicked with it *immediately*, and I don't think I'd be nearly as far into my tarot journey without it.

I think finding a me deck is a very personal thing. The Celtic Wisdom is the right one for me because it *resonates* with me. I had an innate understanding of all of the concepts upon which it was based from the moment I took it out of the box - the myths and legends, the rules of three and seven, the symbols, the Book of Kells inspired art, the seasonal elements, the Ogham... all of that is "mother's milk" to me - I was raised on Fionn MacCumhail and Cuchulainn instead of Jack and the Beanstalk or Cinderella. :) So it "feels" like me... it speaks to not just what I need, but who I am and where I come from and what my ancestors did and what I might do with it in the future.

The most important advice I'd give you is not to limit yourself... look at any and all decks that appeal to you, and try to figure out *why* they appeal, not just on a surface level ("I like the art") or a utilitarian level ("I'll use this for X type stuff"), but what it evokes in your mind and how it makes you feel. A good me deck feels like coming home... it might tell you some hard truths, but it will always do so out of love.

I wasn't trying to find a me deck when I found my Celtic Wisdom. I just found it and went "that's *mine*," and when I started looking through it, I realized it was *only* mine and that I would never feel comfortable using it frivolously or for others.

So, try a lot of decks, and trust your instincts. A lot of decks might feel close or fill some other niche, but when you find "the one" for the kind of work you're talking about, there won't be any question in your mind.

F.M. Tarot

hunter said:
Yes, we can pick and choose just the parts of the book meanings that apply to us alone and not our relationships. But oracles, even more than tarot are an extension of one persons or a small groups world view. And many world views are either focused on being codependent or ending codependent behavior. The FOCUS of most decks is relationships.

I have not found that most oracles focus are relationships. Perhaps it's in the way I approach them and my intent. The majority of oracles I use are for my spiritualism and growth and nothing to do with my relationship with others. Of course growth and evolution of ourselves and our spirits do heavily involve other people and our acts towards them and our actions.

I use Druid Animal Oracle, Wild Wisdom of the Faery, Fairy Ring, Playing Card Oracles, Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines Oracle, Witches Runes, Madame Endora's Fortune-telling Cards and a few others.

I do read for others with oracles on occasion and in those cases I almost always use my Lenormand or Playing Card Oracles. Those are extremely flexible in the questions and concerns they can answer. But again, there main focus aren't relationships.

MareSaturni

The Magical Spell Cards by Lucy Cavendish are very "me, me, me!". They give advices and also spells that can be used to attract what you want to make you feel better. All about you!

The Faerie Wisdom, by Gillian Kemp (the same who made Good Witch, Bad Witch) is also very "me, me, me!". Actually, most of Gillian Kemp decks are. Tree Magic oracle is too.

The Symbolon is an introspective deck, but it also talks about the relationship with the others, so might not be what you are looking for. It's a very "sincere" deck in my opinion - doesn't sugarcoat anything.

These are my suggestions! Hope you like'em!