On demand book publishers?

Chronata

Anyone have a favorite?

I am almost done with the All hallows companion book, and now I am shopping for on demand publishers.
I want to keep this book at a reasonable price, but also make it available easily to international buyers (apparently lulu makes that impossible with their high shipping)

Any ideas?

bluedogrose

Blurb.com did a good job for me, though as far as price goes, self publishing tends to mean little profit. The books themselves are very professionally done, and I found the interface easy to use.

Chronata

For me it's not about making money, but just about getting the product out there.

Blurb has some nice setups ..but they seem to be best for full color art books.

I want something softcover, digest size, black and white (with some b/w photos) and under 12 bucks retail. and something where they can make 1 copy... or a hundred.

I have looked into instabook, and a few others too...and got on some email lists for info on other sources.

Lulu . com still looks the easiest though.
I may have to just buy the books directly and then send them overseas myself!

tarotmama

I used LuLu to make a book of "love emails" that my husband and I sent to each other when we first met (LOL) and they did a fantastic job. It was just one copy with a color cover, perfect bound and black and white pages. I think with shipping it to me it was all under $20. I was impressed with how it turned out anyway.

If I do any other small books I will definitely use them. It was fast and easy.

HudsonGray

If you go to the Wondermark online comic, send an email to the guy running it. He used an on demand printer in Eau Claire, WI that he was very happy with, and published I think 2 books with them. RJ Printing? Something like that. He'll be happy to tell you how it went for him.

Wendywu

This is useful information because one fine day, when Frankie has finished his world tour, I will be looking (possibly, maybe) to make copies of Frankie's Big Posh Book available. Or someone with more knowledge than I will be doing this, and I will send them the rather large file that I am putting together as Frankie travels. This would need to be published with color pics - there are so many and they are truly interesting.

So - blurb.com? I will take a look. It would obviously be a very small print run of a rather large book.....

Dusk Till Dawn

I don't mind the high shipping cost from Lulu, the large Maat book was worth the 24,99 I paid.

Maxamillion

The only time I ever used an on demand book publisher, I went through Lulu. I was really pleased with them.