Re-Making Motherpeace

agno3

I have had a bee in my bonnet about the print quality and line work on what is a significant deck with a lot of stories and symbols in it. If I were to re-do it and stay very close to the original, but have clearer lines and such, do you think there would be an interest in it?

tarotbear

Do you have permission to 're-do' someone else's deck?

agno3

I contacted USGames about it, but no reply yet. Just trying to see if the general public would like a version with better linework and "cleaner" drawings.

McFaire

Yes, you have to have permission from the copyright holder, in this case, Karen Vogel and Vicki Noble, I think. Otherwise anyone could just copy your work and publish it.

http://www.motherpeace.com/

bogiesan

Clone it.

There are dozones of W-S clones and a few Thoth replicants.
Take the theme or take the system and run with it.
Improving someone else's work is not really a very good idea. Imagine someone rearranging your home furnishings for you, and discarding lots of your things, without your knowledge, because they just simply KNEW you'd appreciate their improvements.

tarotbear

If you do re-make this deck, please create something better than just adding boobs to the Hierophant.

If you re-write the book, too - can you please turn off the anti-male diatribes? You can be a feminist without being a male-hater, or as another female author once did in her books - keep reminding us every third word that she is a lesbian ... sheesh :rolleyes:

starlightexp

amen...