Unveiling some of my Tarot!

Scout987a

Hello,

I've finally decided to show some of my Tarot images to the Aeclectic.net community! I've wanted to for a long time, but didn't feel that I was ready until now.

I've been working on my deck for more than three years (I have, maybe 25 card so far that I think are pretty good) and have shown to a few friends, but no one else.

I would definitely welcome feedback! The cards are a sort-of digital collage, I guess. My inspirations are (in no particular order): Greek Mythology, Art Nouveau, A. Crowley/Lady Harris's Thoth deck, science fiction, and new age spirituality.

Here is a link to my gallery on the Deviant Art site: http://scout987a.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sincerely,
Scout987a

Grigori

Similia says in a gloating voice...

"I'm the first to see Scouts cards! Na na na na na nah! :D"

Cool cards Scout. I really like the colors in them. I'm glad you decided to share them with us, and hope to see more.

Fairawen

Oooh. Oooh! OOOOOH! Woooow, those are pretty! You did those digitally? I'm normally not a big fan of digitally done stuff, but this is REALLY good! I especially like the 3 of Swords. Dunno... the clear heart just really appealed to me. :)

Oooooh, keep it up, you're really good! Better then some published decks I've seen, actually... :p Honestly, keep going, this stuff is great. Find someone to publish 'em when you're done so I can buy 'em. :D

And... hey... fellow Pennsylvanian. :) Hullo!

~Fairawen~

Eco74

That is some really nice work Scout.
Great use of color, and the style of the art is awesome! Feels a little like the Crystal tarot at some points too. Is that a deck you're familiar with?

Now, I'm not saying it's very similar, but the High Priestess especially brings to my mind the fractal feel and dreamlike atmosphere of the Crystal.
Meaning really that I very much like what you've done. :)

Scout987a

Thanks!

Thanks for your kind comments! I appreciate them a lot!

I'll respond to some of your comments:

From Eco74: <<Feels a little like the Crystal tarot at some points too. Is that a deck you're familiar with? ...but the High Priestess especially brings to my mind the fractal feel and dreamlike atmosphere of the Crystal.>>

Actually Eco74, I sort of know this deck, but I have only seen the samples online--never used it. I'll have to take a deeper look, I'm curious. Glad you got the dreamlike feel of The Priestess. I really wanted it to evoke more than one level of reality.

Thanks Fairawen for your comment too! It would be cool to, someday, see my deck published. That's a dream that a lot of us share here on Aeclectic.net, I think! Where in PA do you live? I'm in Pittsburgh.

Thanks also Similia for taking the time to look!

I may post more cards in the nearish future. I'll let you know!

Sincerely,
Scout987a

HazelCrow

Love your artwork!

I would gladly add your deck to my collection when published. Very clean design, richly colored. Awesome in my book! Keep up the great work.

Gcgirl18

Absolutly awesome art! Very professional! I love them and I think the colors blend well with each other :)

Emeraldgirl

Wow they are really nice. Another deck to keep an eye one :D

mythos

Being a painter, I generally avoid digital and collage type decks (with the notable exception of retrokat's deck), because I just don't normally relate to them at all well. I have to say, though, that I was strongly attracted by your use of colour and shape. Maybe it is time for me to breakthrough my rather irrational feelings about digital-collage. I'm probably just showing my age. Most impressive work.

mythos :)

Scout987a

More Uploaded

Hello All!

Thanks for your very positive comments! I will respond personally in the near future (it's very, very late where I am and I'm just about off to bed).

I wanted to let you know that I've uploaded five additional tarot cards to my deviant art gallery.

If you are interested in seeing them, here is the link again: http://scout987a.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sincerely,
Scout987a