The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck: The Sequel!!!

gregory

rhombchick is redoing her cards so they are NOT up for grabs....

rhombchick

I will do them and post them today, as I am going to the post office later on anyway and won't be in town again till wednesday or thursday.
I should still have some blanks here somewhere

Eowyn

So... I had an earthquake...

As the deck is ours, and this thread is about the deck, I'm writing here, just because.

I have had some hard time since last year, as some of you know. Lately, I have been struggling with job issues. Last December I asked a raise in my LOW salary, and after summer break was over, I went to Santiago to the school I work in and my boss just didn't have anything to say to me. It seems she didn't consider what I said to her. So I went back home (here, Valparaíso) and I got here about 8 pm, really down and confused. I went to visit my father as soon as I got here, who is currently living with his sister and her family (I'm here right now). He gave me my new velvet bags from Sulis, the package arrived from UK on Thursday, but no news from the blank cards... I kept the package and went home, to my mother's. That house is like 50 years old. I opened my package, and enjoyed the colours... I was confused... I remember I talked or actually mumbled something incoherent to my mother, and eventually I went to bed. I probably used internet before that.

I woke up in the middle of the night with the quake. As usual, I was calmed. Living in Chile, waking up in the middle of the night because of a small quake is common. I was thinking "No, no, no..." at the beginning. But when the quake got longer, and the movements got more intense, I thought "this is it. An Earthquake. This is it", I begun to hear the deep noise, the cry of the earth. Stuff all over the house falling and crushing. And the noise. I only could hold my self with an arm to the bed's wooden headboard, as I sat on my bed and with the other arm moved the curtains and stared at the moon. I could see the green flashes of light as the safety systems of the electricity cables begun to work, leaving us in darkness. I continued looking at the Moon, totally given my self to nature. There were no thoughts of running away, of fear of falling walls or glass, my heart just beated fast, and my mind was absorbing everything. I think I knew the house was a safe place to be. The movement was so strong, it pushed and pulled me one side and other. We have our bedrooms on the second floor. After 2-3 minutes, it got slower and my mother came to my bedroom to check on me. I decided to get dressed. I heard the sound of car's engines turned on, and the noise of tires against the pavement. We thought many people rushed to check on their relatives too. I went out, and it was strangely warm. I could see the red light of a fire, far away, to the north-east. It continued trembling for hours and hours. Sometimes hard, sometimes slow. Out cats disappeared. It was impossible to sleep again. We couldn't find candles. I was able to see because of the moonlight. Eventually it set, so it got completely dark. I went out to the backyard, which is down hill. I called to my cat, but she didn't show. I stare at the Milky Way. The Souther Cross was over my head. I had not seen the sky this way in YEARS.... so I was there, in the middle of a pretty much wild nature, in darkness, hearing nothing more than the noise of the wind in the leaves of the trees. It was very cold. I was scared and at the same time amazed. Being able to witness the power of mother nature is overwhelming. I was so glad of being there. It was strangely peaceful, to see the stars in their fixed places, feeling the soil under my feet solid, breathing that cold, clean air. I felt like a lost child, small, and fragile. There I felt many emotions.

I went back to the house and my cat appeared. She was like a ball of fur, very dirty and speechless (she is usually very vocal). Ate and accepted love, and then disappeared again.

I could catch some sleep at dawn.

About midday I decided to go down to the city and go to visit my Dad. I saw the state of the city. I walked the streets. Many old buildings got damage, of different level. People chat with everybody. The small business opened, but everything else was closed.

All the family was Ok. Of course no one had electricity, and few people had phone communication.

People gathered around batteries radios. Listening to the news from all over the country. So I learned where the epicentre got place, and many other things.

At night I got sleep and had the deeper sleep in many many nights. I slept with the curtains opened, just to have some moonlight.

I came here to have lunch and then the electricity came back. From this place we can see the ocean. Our city had a 6 grade earthquake. But the south part of my country had a tsunami and they say the earthquake was a 9 grade. The devastation is huge, but we are have a long history of earthquakes and volcanoes. As sad as it is, it is part of our lives.

Thanks for reading my thoughts... now back on topic. If the mail got lost without earthquakes, forget it now. One day the original blanks will arrive here, I will paint some cool extra cards.

:heart: Alicia.

gregory

((((Alicia))))

How awful - but we read in the papers here that your buildings are good for withstanding this stuff - it sounds as if that was true.....

Take care of yourself ! I am SO glad you got your bags !

Eowyn

yeah Greggors, my grandfather build a strong house. As a man of the south, he had already saw I don't know how many earthquakes.

Our house has iron and concrete, and inmense fundations. In my city, almost everybody live on the hills. This hills are pure rock.

The house has endure several earthquakes, but the '85 earthquake (I was 4 years old and curious ;) ) left several craks. One of them moved a little, but we think the house is still safe. That crack will need some supervision, of course.

Also, we were lucky and didn't have a tsunami here.

truelighth

I am glad to hear you are ok, Eowyn. And also that you shared your story. It must have been scary, but the way you describe it, it also sounds like you experienced something magical. Lucky your house is build on such solid foundations! Good luck with the coming time.

Gregory, I just pm'ed Aulruna for the blancs. So that should work I think :).

All Is One

I'm not in my right mind right now, and don't really remember what all the cards I sent in even look like. Just let me sit on it a bit. Sorry about the babbling, trying to think about this stuff is too hard without sleep.

I did some cards this morning with the prismatic color pens, and color is just not me. The cards I sent in in black and white will have to stay black and white.

I need a nap.

gregory

Fear Not. Grannymouse will do whatever you want..... I recall the sleeplessness all too well.....

Sebavin

(((Alicia))) Thank you for sharing your story with us, even though your area is prone to earthquakes it still must be hard for you. It is a relief to hear that you are alright :heart:~

Are there any other cards that need done/redone? I can check to see if I have other blanks. I know AIO was very generous with them, so it is very likely there are some here somewhere...

Get some rest when you can, AllIsOne, nap when he naps, etc. It doesn't make up for lack of sleep, but don't try and do everything because he is asleep. And babbling is part and parcel with parenthood imho. That, and well you've earned the right to babble, caterwaul, or otherwise make noise. So babble away.

gregory

Everyone not already doing some - hold fire till I get the package from the Ferry one. Then I will post EXACTLY what isn't there - cards and LWB both, and I will START SCANNING ! I am aware of some on their way to me, too.