Is it possible to "Charge" a crystal with a high power laser pointer?

N.S.M

Is it possible to charge a crystal with the beam of light from a laser pointer?

I have been experimenting with the energies of my crystals after shining a 20mv green laser pointer through them for 5 mins at a time.
To me, it seems that the laser beam was able to charge the crystals into having a nice "golden energy"...

I tried the same thing with a 17ct piece of iolite, and found that the electrical field that surrounds the iolite was increased.

Has anyone else tried this? What are you thoughts on this interesting subject?

Debra

Wear dark goggles. Seriously.

wizzle

I'd be afraid I'd damage my crystals.

The crowned one

How did you measure the electrical field?

MysticTree

I would say no because it would seem to me that it would anger the crystal making it very hard if not impossible to work with.

More to the point, why would you want to do that?

MT

MCsea

After just finishing reading the secret I can see the value in various frequencies, we use sunlight - its a blend of various frequencies

Spectrum of Electromagnetic Radiation
Visible light 7000 - 4000 (Angstroms) Wavelength
7 x 10-5 - 4 x 10-5 (centimeters) Frequency
4.3 x 1014 - 7.5 x 1014 (Hz) Energy
2 - 3 (eV)
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/light/spectrum.html

We want to understand energy and frequencies etc - so I suppose there needs to be some experimenting :)

I have 'washed' my crystals in various colours - using coloured globes (as an aura cleansing exercise)
and I notice in crystal shops they use different light sources (frequency of energy) to enhance the appeal of crystals, and some crystals are displayed on stands that shine red green blue light through them - they seem to be quite nice to look at also..

Cant see that if you FEEL thats what is required that there is any issue with it... maybe not for everyone.. but I have to say I think its OK and may investigate this further :)

thanks for the post

MARINA

N.S.M

Interesting.

MCsea said:
After just finishing reading the secret I can see the value in various frequencies, we use sunlight - its a blend of various frequencies

Spectrum of Electromagnetic Radiation
Visible light 7000 - 4000 (Angstroms) Wavelength
7 x 10-5 - 4 x 10-5 (centimeters) Frequency
4.3 x 1014 - 7.5 x 1014 (Hz) Energy
2 - 3 (eV)
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/light/spectrum.html

We want to understand energy and frequencies etc - so I suppose there needs to be some experimenting :)

I have 'washed' my crystals in various colours - using coloured globes (as an aura cleansing exercise)
and I notice in crystal shops they use different light sources (frequency of energy) to enhance the appeal of crystals, and some crystals are displayed on stands that shine red green blue light through them - they seem to be quite nice to look at also..

Cant see that if you FEEL thats what is required that there is any issue with it... maybe not for everyone.. but I have to say I think its OK and may investigate this further :)

thanks for the post

MARINA

A color is composed of different frequencies.
I agree that more experimentation needs to be done with this.
I have never felt any anger from my stones after working with the laser beam.
I have had exceptional results with clear quartz...
The double terminated clear quartz I experimented seemed to have quite a charge afterwards.

ravenest

MysticTree said:
I would say no because it would seem to me that it would anger the crystal making it very hard if not impossible to work with.

More to the point, why would you want to do that?

MT

Why not? When that scientists (whoever he was) first put a ruby crystal rod inside a Xenon tube and turned the current on and a laser beam came out of the ruby rod, no one had even heard of a laser beam before that.

Crystals, as well as being fun, cosmic and imaginative (but 'angry' ?) have scientifically measurible effects that have been, and probably still will be, used for a variety of research and medical proceedures.

imperialtopaz

Dangerous!

Ooooo.......

I think this sounds extremely dangerous.

When heat energy enters rocks, they can sometimes explode.

For example, one book I have on my shelf (How to Stay Alive in the Woods, by Bradford Angier) tells readers that if you ever need to build a campfire, to make SURE NOT to take rocks to place around it from near the stream, or stream bed, as those rocks can have microscopic amounts of water in their cracks. When heated in a campfire, some rocks have exploded, causing injury, of course.

Without knowing much about your question, but knowing what I know above, I intuitively feel that using lasers on crystals could be EXTREMELY dangerous......

Imperial Topaz
Elementary Science Teacher in Morocco

Briar Rose

I thought that certain laser's can cause cancer if exposed to the skin? There's a small warning label on the laser guns in retail stores. Are those different than the laser light in this thread? Wouldn't putting that light into Crystals affect the properties?

I had a red laser pointer (a freind gave me). My cat chases the light. Is this dangerious?

Are the different colored lights in the Crystal shops laser or color light bulbs?

Interesting topic.