Story of a stone

wizzle

Way back in the 1990's I bought a lovely little malachite egg. Got it at the Santa Monica Gem show in the Los Angeles area. I'd always wanted a nice piece of malachite. But, for some reason, the egg got very very dull after I took it home. I tried polishing it up with all sorts of soft cloths, etc. It just was listless and had the sheen of a candle. Disapponting, no matter what I did.

Recently, I was sharing some stones with a friend and thought I'd pass this item on to another owner. I got that little egg out and once again started to polish it up. To my utter surprise, it actually did take a polish!!!! Not since I'd purchased it did it gleam!!! I buffed the stone the day I committed to sending it to my friend and that was the first time the stone gleamed since the day I bought it.

The stone now has a happy new home. And it's new owner tells me it is even more shiney than when I sent it.

The point of the story is that all of us work very differently with various stones. You don't need a big collection, just one that works for you. If, like myself, you can't work with malachite, substitute turquoise or amazonite. Don't get stuck with the idea that you need every stone in the known universe in your collection.

Somnilocus

(((CLAPS))) So very true... :)

Alta

!!!! I bought a malachite necklace in Arizona and it seemed to have an inner shine, it almost glowed in my hands. I brought it home and wore it a lot but after a while it seemed to glow less and less and now it is quite dull.

Up until I read your thread I had assumed that it had absorbed so much sun and heat in AZ and back in cold dark Canada its energy had gradually drained away.

Now this is a new way of looking at it.

Marion