New Orleans Voodoo Tarot study group!!!

ShekinahMoon

Thanks for posting the picture of your Voodoo altar. I always enjoy looking at how other people set up their altars.

My working altar is very simple. On it I have a black rug as my base. I keep a candle, charcoal for incense, incense and my Tarot decks. But my other altars that are more for adoration than working I tend to keep many mementos on them.

TheOld

Card of the day

Good morning girl :)
so my card of the day is couche, seems that will be a verry meditative day today, it fit with my mood as i plan to integrate some old belief system together (Hawaian shamanism, telemia magic etc..)

it's funny how the bird at the bottom of the bed remember me how i often put things around my bed when i sleep so i can integrate their energy more deeply.

btw. i'v found an awesome book on voodoo yesterday, it's in french but the translation would be "vaudou an initiated talk" by Claude Planson.
i'll give you some hit on it later :)

see you later
Love
Omeada

ShekinahMoon

Congo 5 Ogoun Bhalin'Dio

My card for today is Congo 5 Ogoun Bhalin'Dio.

Representing trouble, worry, loss or possible illness.

Well ain't that just cheery :(

The image of this card of a person sick in bed with a country doctor on the bedside caring for the patient says to me that today I should focus on rest and taking care of myself. Not to worry or generate stress in my day as this can lead to illness.

I had planned on going to a parade today. I've been looking forward to this parade.

I am looking at my Madame Endora's reading for this morning and the card that represents heath and physical well being is "The Hand of Fate...Forces beyond your control intervene". I hope that means good forces PREVENTING getting sick.

TheOld

hello,
do not forget that the principal aspect of this ogoun is of a determined healer so that can also mean that you can go more deeply in your healing :)

there's allways 2 side when we look at something
Love
Omeada

ShekinahMoon

TheOld said:
hello,
do not forget that the principal aspect of this ogoun is of a determined healer so that can also mean that you can go more deeply in your healing :)

there's allways 2 side when we look at something
Love
Omeada

Thanks for that. :) My body is very good at healing itself so maybe my body is healing something on a deep level.

Sulis

Moderator note:

Hi Folks,

Well done for starting your group - just a quick note though.

You seem to be drawing a card a day - if this is the case then the thread really needs to be in the Your Readings forum.

Most study groups begin a new thread for each card studied. This means that we can make a comprehensive index of cards studied so far so that people wanting to join the group can find the threads easily.

If you want to keep drawing a card a day and offering your interpretations, could you let either myself or Moonbow* know and we will move the 'card a day' posts over to a new thread in Your Readings.
You could continue the group with studies of the different cards over here in Tarot Study Groups.

Thanks

Sulis and Moonbow* - Moderators - Tarot Study Groups

TheOld

we could do the 2 at the sames times, card a day an numerical study, what do you think ShekinahMoon and catlin ?

Love
Omeada

ShekinahMoon

Sulis said:
Hi Folks,

Well done for starting your group - just a quick note though.

You seem to be drawing a card a day - if this is the case then the thread really needs to be in the Your Readings forum.

But I can not access the Your Readings forum :(

ShekinahMoon

TheOld said:
we could do the 2 at the sames times, card a day an numerical study, what do you think ShekinahMoon and catlin ?

Love
Omeada

I guess I'm still confused between what is the difference between a study group and a readings group. Seems like either way we are reflecting on the cards?