A great spread from Rachel Pollack's Workshop

Mimers

Here is the spread that Rachel shared with us at the workshop I went to. It is a great spread for looking at how to work on realationships.

CCC

Court Card Confrontation by Rachel Pollack

Begin by separating the deck into 3 parts, the Major Arcana, Minor and the Court cards.

Think of a person with whom you have a conflict or some intense issue. Go trhough the deck and look at the Court cards until you find a card that you associate with that person, either by intuition (how the card looks) or what you know of the card's meaning. Set that card on the table, face up.
Now go through the Court cards and pick one that represent you in relationship to that person. Who are you around this person and in that situation? Set that card down face up.
Go through the Court cards again and pick one that represents you outside the relationship. What aspect of yourself does not get expressed in that situation?

Set these 3 cards in a row, A B C

Mix the Major Arcana cards. Choosing at random, face down, pick one card for each of the three Court cards.

For A - the other person: What kind of archetypal energy do you receive from this person?
For B- yourself in that relationship: What large issures does this person trigger in you?
For C - yourself outside the relationship: What truth is hidden in that situation?

Mix the Minor Arcana cards. You are going to set out three rows underneath A B C. The final reading will look like this:

Court Cards A**B**C
Major Cards 1**2**3
Minor Cards:
row 1 1**2**3
row 2 4**5**6
row 3 7**8**9

The Minor Arcana cards answer the following questions.

Row 1
1. how this person behaves with you
2. how you hehave in the situation
3. what you do not do
Row 2
4. what this person triggers in you
5. how you help create the situation
6. how you resist change
Row 3
7. how you can protect yourself within the situation
8. how you can change the situation
9. how you can change yourself

Enjoy! Rachel was very happy when I asked her if I could post this here, she hopes everyone enjoys it!

Mimi

Astraea

That is a great spread! I love the way it explores interpersonal relations in a deep and meaningful way, without judgement and in the spirit of a search for working answers. Thanks for sharing this, Mimers.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the spread Mimers - as Astraea says it gives a real chance to explore the deeper aspects of a confrontational relationship - something we all have to experience from time to time.

I'll definitely give it a try.

dadsnook2000

Tried it, liked it.

This really is a well designed spread. I did my first reading today with it and felt that I had really helped the querent put some issues into perspective. This will be one of my "reliable" spreads. Thanks for sharing it. Dave.

Mimers

I really like it too. The whole workshop with Rachel was really great. She is a very beautiful person. I can't wait until next year!

Like I said, I used it for both my parents that evening and it helped them tremendously. It helps you define the situation and gives you answers on resolving it as well. Resolution is often overlooked in spreads. Especially the CC. I am glad I could share this with all of you.

Mimi

Majecot

Thank you Mimi

For sharing that. This one is going into my journal too. I can't wait to show it to my friend this week end.

Asher

Wow!

This is an _amazing_ spread! I used it with my weekly Tarot Circle and it blew everybody away. Even the person who came for the first time, who commented, "Is every week this intense?"

Definitely a keeper. I wish I could have attended the workshop.

Asher

Flavio

Mimers, thank you very much for sharing it! it went directly to my journal... can't wait to have a chance to try it.

As Asher said, I wish I could attend a workshop, you Mimers are a lucky soul :)

steinchen

Thank you mimi. It´s a grat spread. :)
A workshop at Rachel Pollack would be a dream. But it´so far.

Do you tasted this spread? How did you find it?

I consider if I can take it with my mother-in-law(?)

;)

Scion

Love spreads that lend themselves to immediate practical use... Definitely will be giving this a workout...