a friendship spread

thepearlearring

I'm quite new to tarot so this may be rubbish, although this spread really worked well for me. Please let me know if it isn't original.

First, draw a significator card. The other cards you select will surround it in a circle. As you draw each card think about a particular person who is playing a key role in your life. The cards you choose with represent the effect each of these people are having on you.

I found it easiest to only pick four people to form a cross shaped spread, although its up to you how many you choose. My spread very accurately implied that two opf the four people are having a negative effect on me. I drew one card for each to see how I could attempt to resolve these problems.

Anyway, thanks for reading and let me know what you think.

snowy25

I think this is also a good idea for a group-spread.

card 1. The relationship
The rest of the cards can be picked by each of the friends and then placed around it in a circle.

What do you think about this as a second option for the spread?

thepearlearring

yeah, that sounds like a brilliant idea. It could get a bit awkward, eg if somebody picked the tower card, but it could be very insightful! Getting a group together who are all willing to participate may be difficult but well worth it. Thanks!

Moonbow

Now this, I like :D

I am usually a stickler for simple spreads and expand on the meanings of each card. I like this one, and one day (but not immediately) I will have a go at it.

Nice job thepearlearring.

Edited.. forgot to say about the significator. I don't usually choose one, so I'm wondering how this spread could be used without chosing the significtor. For example perhaps the middle card could be something like 'how I am feeling now'.

Any other suggestions instead of a significator?

thepearlearring

yay, thanks! I'm looking forward to looking for other spreads and inventing more of my own.

Little Baron

Like Moonbow, I also like simplistic spreads - hate over-complicating things as I get myself in a mess.

I like this one ... and will give it a go.

I am just guessing, but if I drew a court as a significator, having other cards from the same suit around me might show me, in the position of that friend, what we have in common at the time of questioning. For example, if I am the 'Knight of Swords' and friend 'one' is the '2 of Swords', could it mean that at the moment, we have a lot to share? - an exchange of words and thoughts - maybe even a few quarrels.

I am going to give this one a try and get back to you ... I think four, as a cross, is a great number as well ... I will do a reading about my closest four mates and see what happens - what we need from each other at the moment.

Thanks for sharing.

LB

Little Baron

Thepearlearring,

I tried your spread and pleased to say that it was very enlightening.

I chose my closest four friends and put them around the significator as you suggested. I wasn't sure which significator to pick so I shuffled the deck and flipped the cards until the first court card came up - it was the Valet de Coupe (Knave of Cups). I found it interesting that he faced to the past, maybe remenising about how his relationships with the four friends used to be. This is important to me at the moment because two of the friends are married and the other two are not, but will be this year. One of them is also having a child. All of the cards were stepping forward in my interpretation and it confirmed how I feel abaout my friendships - that they are moving on in their own lives and have less time for me right now. Two of the four cards were 'threes', which I interpreted as my friends involving me with their husbands, who I also have good relationships with.

Thanks for the spread ... I will definitely use it again.

LB

thepearlearring

I also shuffled and let the significator flip out of the deck. Interesingly, it was the High Priestess which I had been thinking of using anyway.

I then carried on shuffling and lay the cards out in a row, choosing four cards to represent four friends. My closest friend was the Princess of Wands; a freind who I feel slightly awkward with was the seven of cups; a friend whom I share a simple, innocent bond with was two of cups (surprise, surprise!); and a friend who I'm feeling a bit irritated and disconnected with was a reversed queen of wands.

I then put all the cards together and shuffled asking how I could resolve the two negatives, responding to the first card that flipped out face up. They were king of cups and justice, which both seem to reprsent good, kind and humane behaviour.

So yeah, that's what I did but when I next use this spread it might change. Of course, do whatever works best for you.

Oh, Moonbow, I think that how I'm feeling now sounds good. Or perhaps something mopre specific like how my friends are making me feel. Then you could apply the other cards to different aspects of the first one you chose.

Wisp Wings

I love your spread! I've wrote it in my book to keep. Since you had two friends with negative readings and you talked of the throw you did next regarding this, I thought of maybe for future this may be something you or others may want to do in this situation.

A Resolution Spread

Example of if the reading was negative with two of your friends.

***1****3*4*****2***
**A******S*******B**

Keep the Significator card and the two cards of your friends that were negative out. Lay them out as Friend "A", Significator, and Friend "B". Return the other cards to the deck and shuffle. While shuffling and drawing the card for card 1, think of a resolution with Friend "A". Repeat the same for card 2 for Friend "B". Shuffle one last time, this time you will be drawing two cards without a shuffle in between the cards. These cards, 3 and 4 are "My Lesson"cards. Do let the cards speak to you as to what your lesson is. This can be on improving yourself or what you need to know/learn.

The reason I just left these cards to be "My Lesson" cards is that the problem may not lay at your feet, but you would what to know what lesson you need to take from this or what you haven't seen and need to know. Just really seek out what the cards are telling you here, 3 could be about Friend "A" and 4 about Friend "B" one time, another time it could be applied to how you need to change yourself, another time it could be what you need to realize about both of these friends.

thepearlearring

Thanks Wisp Wings! I will definitely write that down and use it in the future.