Celtic Astrology Sign

ravynangel

Um... There is no such fact as that the Bible is based entirely on imagination but there are continuous discoveries which, hopefully, will soon throw more light onto the life of Jesus as he was.

There si also the fact that the words' meaning is incorrect as David pointed and if the names are just made up, I'm not sure how much we can rely on the rest.

It is a fact that astrology at the time was vastly borrowed from other nations, better developed and educated in the field, and Hellenistic astrology was not exactly taken from Egyptian. More so from babylonian, then Alexander the Great conquered the ancient world and the knowledge spread, while in Hellenistic Egypt it mixed to create the horoscopic astrology. Wikipedia has a good article on the topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_astrology

deleted :)

firecatpickles

Graves was a researched scholar. Some believe all written script started as numbers, calendars, etc. And this makes total sense, that early man would mark in order to keep track of time, while charting the skies. Lack of evidence does not mean that something his wholly false. I don't find this far-fetched at all.

This is a good Link:
http://www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/treelore.htm

DavidMcCann

Graves was a researched scholar.
Graves was the greatest English poet of his age after Yeats, but no scholar. I have his Greek Myths and the notes are (and I make no apology for the word) frequently rubbish, showing no understanding of history or linguistics. The White Goddess was rejected by the academic community. He seems to have been conned by Idries Shah. His whole would-be-scholarly output was flawed by gullibility. He rejected scholarly critics as incapable of understanding spiritual meaning, but that can hardly be said of Ronald Hutton.

ravynangel

Graves was the greatest English poet of his age after Yeats, but no scholar. I have his Greek Myths and the notes are (and I make no apology for the word) frequently rubbish, showing no understanding of history or linguistics. The White Goddess was rejected by the academic community. He seems to have been conned by Idries Shah. His whole would-be-scholarly output was flawed by gullibility. He rejected scholarly critics as incapable of understanding spiritual meaning, but that can hardly be said of Ronald Hutton.

deleted :)

Labhraín

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone for your responses to my question regarding one's Celtic astrology sign. I appreciate all of your input.