Neptune in 2nd or 3rd?

Ronia

Thank you, Dave. I understand. I would have probably looked at her MC to be activated or her DC although I think for her this was very much a goal, that is why I asked about the IC activated by Neptune. But then I don't know the precessed SR method and thought it may just need a planet on an angle. Thanks for explaining further.

As far as Neptune on the IC in a return or cyclic chart meaning a move, that depends upon the context of the person's life. If one is seeking to sell or buy, or both, than bringing Neputne to the IC would be an indicator, as would having Mercury at an angle or aspecting Neptune. Mercury, in this case, at the Desc. would signify signing a contract.
Dave

But not always the most probable or expected life development happens in reality. I made a mistake with such chart last year: my best friend had Neptune on the IC last year. At the time when I did the chart she was looking forward (and dreaming of) to marrying her long-time boyfriend and having kids. In the course of seven months he ended up with another woman and she got a job offer from another country, moved and now works thousands of kilometres away (next to water, by the way LOL). I'll get back to her chart to check Mercury but all that happened was quite unexpected (the job offer and move, not the boyfriend ending up with another, to me). I went on predicting home changes but not in that sense as I followed the most probable or expected - pregnancy (there were other indications as well but there were also indications for career change which I wrongfully interpreted as her social status changing). I've also moved with Neptune on the SR IC, checked - two times, both times for work, once for a few months, once for long, both time across or near water, once a small basin (lake), second one - big. :) But now I wonder if that should be supported otherwise... Because I doubt it would work each time in the same way for different people. I think it may depend on the natal rulership of Neptune.

P.S. Checked her SR Mercury, conjunct natal MC, natally ruling the 7th, which I interpreted wrongly. It turned out to be the job contract.

dadsnook2000

Planets in transit

Ronia, The book, Transits and Solar Returns by Ciro Discepolo (an Italian astrologer of great popularity) gives a lot on insightful interpretations of transiting planets in differing houses of the horoscope. Mercury on the Descendant is one he relates to signing documents. Dave

PS, his first statement about Neptune in the 4th/IC angle of a page of comments is "you may wish to go and live by a house near the sea." isn't that appropriate for your friend?

Ronia

Ronia, The book, Transits and Solar Returns by Ciro Discepolo (an Italian astrologer of great popularity) gives a lot on insightful interpretations of transiting planets in differing houses of the horoscope. Mercury on the Descendant is one he relates to signing documents. Dave

PS, his first statement about Neptune in the 4th/IC angle of a page of comments is "you may wish to go and live by a house near the sea." isn't that appropriate for your friend?

I haven't read the book, Dave. I'll look for it, thank you.

Indeed, it is appropriate. And it seems to work with my SRs too, I don't have enough such charts to think it will always work that way though. But it's something I keep in mind already.