5 decks to use for a year

earthair

Do I have to carry them with me everywhere?
Is it a hot/ moist country where I daren't risk gold bits peeling off?
Are the decks which I leave behind going to be safe without me there to look after them? :bugeyed:
So much to think/worry about :joke:

Assuming I'm going places where I'll always be able to pick up an emergency RWS (is that cheating?!) my 5-

Illuminati
Blue 007 backed Jamesssh Bond/Fergus Hall
Packard Golden Visconti
Gaian or Greenwood (can't decide)
Liber T

eolian

I would take my.
1. Older giant RWS deck i have trimmed and customized.
2. Tao Oracle or The Baroque Bohemian Cat Tarot if it has to be all Tarot.
3. Symbolon Oracle or The Tarot Illuminati again if it has be be all Tarot.
4. Egyptian Tarot 1994 edition.
5. To be left open until the final last minute.

Little_Bear

Wow! I had no idea that my you tube question was making the rounds over here too! I have been pretty busy lately, so I haven't been on any forums or uploading videos.

There are some really interesting and varied responses here and a few decks I haven't heard of too.
I also find it interesting that many people are struggling with that fifth and final choice. I deliberately didn't do the whole 'if your house was on fire' scenario because I know how much anxiety that causes people but it seems it's still a pretty stressful question to answer.

Thank you for all of your responses to this. It's been so much fun hearing everyone's views.
:)

lalalibra

A little stressful of a question still, but a fun question! Thank you for inspiring the discussion Little_Bear and to GlitterNova for bringing it here.

I've yet to post, but it's been rolling around in my head as I try to figure out what decks I would take. Indeed my answer would be different if it were to include decks that I have yet to own, but would really like to have and get to know over the coming year. And my list would also look different if it were to include oracle decks (there are certain oracle decks I couldn't stand to be without). But out of the Tarot decks I have at the moment:

1. Thoth (I'd take both my large and small copy as a bundle, but if I really could only take one, then it would be the large)
2. Shadowscapes
3. The Wild Unknown
4. Morgan-Greer
5. Paulina

ETA: I had to edit my list after realizing I wouldn't want to leave behind the Morgan-Greer! & again after deciding I'd rather take Paulina than Dreaming Way... tough choices. But I do like how this question doesn't concern forever, only a period of time.

starlightexp

Just the handprinted Jean Noblet sitting next to me.

Done

Luna's Crone

This is hard.

Tarot of the spirit study
haindl study
Cat People
world spirit tarot
Vision Quest study/readings

unless i got my hands on the dreaming gaia, than world spirit would have to stay home.

no said no oracle, and would bring wisdon of, enchanted map, messenger

FaintlyMacabre

Just the handprinted Jean Noblet sitting next to me.

Done

Where did you get this one? I am trying to tell myself I don't need another Marseille but I don't have a Noblet.

Diana

mrpants

Faintly, I'm pretty sure the hand printed edition is out of print. The commercially printed 78 card deck is still available from the Flornoy boutique website, though.

FaintlyMacabre

Faintly, I'm pretty sure the hand printed edition is out of print. The commercially printed 78 card deck is still available from the Flornoy boutique website, though.

Thank you.

Diana

MissChiff

Alchemical Tarot....
Alice Tarot....
The Wild Unknown.....
The Daniloff....
Jean Noblet....
And lots of postcards home checking on the rest....