ADEPT LEVEL; 21 Ways . . . Step ONE

dadsnook2000

Tomorrow is my birthday, and part of my celebration is to pick up where I left off a few months ago at the 21st step of the Apprentice Level, using Mary Greer's wonderful book, 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card.

** Those who have completed the Apprentice Level are invited to join.

** Those who have almost completed the Apprentice Level and who would like to take on both levels so as to share this experience with us are also invited to join.

** Those fully capable hobby, part-time and full time readers who might like to explore an expanded view of the Tarot are also invited to join us. Our only caution is that those who have already participated have built close bonds of sharing and openness --- I and they would expect you to be able to accept and work within that sharing and giving context.

** Those who are relatively newer to the Tarot should consider following your previous intent to perhaps join in on the fun at the Apprentice Level. The hundreds of followers of this list need to throw themselves into a barrel of fun and a treasure chest of learning. We will continue to monitor and encourage you as you work your way through the Apprentice Level.

NOW TO STEP ONE

The proper approach to drawing a card for yourself, for reading for another, is given prior to Step 1:3. Part of the process is to understand how you feel, to be aware of your body and your place in the space around you.

** Acitivity 1:3 is to shuffle our chosen deck and ask, "Who am I?" Draw a card, turn it over, say it's name, and self-observe your reactions. These are all noted in more detail in the book. As we learned at the Apprentice Level, these seemingly simple steps are important.

** Have another person draw a card for the same question. Note their reactions. Explore those reactions and thoughts.

MY NOTE: As before, I am not reading ahead within the book, but taking each step freshly as I come to it. I don't know if one of these cards will be my chosen card for the whole exercise or even if that is true for the Adept Level. No questions, Just trust in the process, plus lots of anticipation. Dave.

coyoteblack

I dont have anyone to read for so I can only do half this process I can do the rest when we have our NYC meetup.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
I dont have anyone to read for so I can only do half this process
~pouts~ liar! What am I, chopped liver? ~giggles and dashes from the room~ (I am just kidding Coyoteblack)

Happy birthday Dave! ~throws confetti all over the thread and hands out party hats~

coyoteblack

Jewel said:
~pouts~ liar! What am I, chopped liver? ~giggles and dashes from the room~ (I am just kidding Coyoteblack)

Happy birthday Dave! ~throws confetti all over the thread and hands out party hats~

I think you have tyo see there reaction dear jewel! and you are in the study group from the other end of USA so it does not count.

Darn

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
I think you have tyo see there reaction dear jewel! and you are in the study group from the other end of USA so it does not count.
And exactly how do you know that I was not planning to book a flight to your neck of the woods???? ~pretends to use an icon with the scrunchie face sticking out its toungue~ Just for that hot retort I'm not going now! So there! And for your information, I always count! ~giggles~ See now you are making me ruin Dave's b-day! *LOL*

By the way Dave, in all seriousness, I have reviewed our work in this step. Looks fun, and I already got my guineapig lined up!

coyoteblack

I did the work yesterday for my self I am not sure on how much time we have so might not be ale to do the second part.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
I did the work yesterday for my self I am not sure on how much time we have so might not be ale to do the second part.
You could always move on to other steps, and come back to the second part of this step once you go to the meet-up ... just a suggestion.

coyoteblack

that would be an option! plenty of folk there to practise on.

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
that would be an option! plenty of folk there to practise on.
Hey maybe that lady you guys were talking about in another thread ~giggles~ ... I bet you would get some REALLY interesting reactions from her! ~ducks before you throw something at me~

dadsnook2000

Adpet Level; step one - Dave

Activity 1:3
I had posted this an hour or so ago but the post didn't go through. So, this is a reconstruction of my thoughts and actions then.

I read the book again. I settled in my desk chair, took my Fey Tarot and shuffled and shuffled, slowing my breathing, focusing more on the tarot and forgetting about the 101 astrology things I had going. I put the cards face down. Took a breath. Mentally asked, "Who am I?" Drew the top card.

Puzzled, didn't really get which card I was looking at. Looked, still puzzled, didn't recognize it. Blew thru my pursed lips. Looked at the top. Queen of Pentacles! Surprised reaction. What was she do there? Puzzled, couldn't put the meaning together but remember what we had learned. A calm lady, looking thru lidded eyes at a large chalice. Hair casually arranged with two crescents of hair bordering her face, hair tied back. Lots of gold color, gown, goblet. A stream of water and bubbles floated up. She was sitting under water. On cushions. Strange environment, something unusual happening with the bubbles. Still, that calm face and comfortable posture. "Who am I?" Still puzzled. Eyebrows furrowed. Another card should do it.

Several short breaths, touch the top card, draw it, turn it. The Tower? Surprise this time. A big square tower in the air, blocks falling from the bottom -- the tower was going up. A fey was leaning on a window sill, arms folded, watching. Dinosaur-age creatures flying about. Another strange environment. Another calm person. Watching. "Who am I?"

Another card. "Who am I?" Touch, lean forward, This is going to be it. No more. Answers now. Knight of Pentacles. A few with a sword slung across his back rides a large gray rabbit, a large pentacle about the rabbits neck. Comfy clothes, wide leather wrist protectors, sitting in a wide saddle, looking back at a darkened castle. Riding, calm, hair blowing in the wind. "Who am I?"

Hands to face, another breath. Fingers together. Three calm figures. Three strange environments. "Who am I?" I'm calm. I'm dealing with a different-from-usual set of surroundings. I will be going somewhere but right now I'm watching what's happening, seeking to understand it. Later I will get things moving, prepared to move.

Step 1:4 to follow when I have an assistant. Dave Also, answers as to what it all means. Stay tuned.