Tarot of Prague Café Club - VII The Chariot

katka

Libuse & the Chariot

Greetings to all. I'm new to this forum and I've only had this deck a little less than two weeks but I hope it's not too late to add a comment.

I love the energy of the Chariot in the ToP: the woman wears such a benign expression on her face and seems so at ease and at peace with whatever the goal of her flight is. She holds her wand as the conductor of an orchestra might hold his baton, silently directing the flight of the harnessed eagles in the same way the conductor would direct his cello section to play, confident in her skill to do so. I can almost hear the music...

But here's the uncanny thing: The Chariot is both my personality and my soul card and I feel a strong link to it. I've just read that the woman on this card is Libuse's mother. I was born in the Czech republic and I know the legend of Libuse well. She's always fascinated me and I've had dreams about her, I've written about her, I've pretty much adopted her as my totem of sorts. What an "oh my God moment" to have her mother show up on the card that's my soul card. Now I just have to figure out what that means.

baba-prague

Please say more when you've had time to think about this (and thanks for posting in this study group, which I think/hope has grown into a very useful archive).

The card was a totally "Oh my God" one for us as well. We didn't even know the myth of Libuse's mother when we designed it (we knew about Libuse of course, but nothing about her elfin/tree spirit mother). It was really very odd when a friend looked at the card and told us who it must be - she is in just the right place too. This particular part of Prague is special to us for many reasons that I won't go into now. So to find out that Libuse's mother had decided to insert herself at this point, and into this card, was quite strange.