Crystal Study Group: AQUAMARINE

Hemera

This is what I found in a website (forgot which one..):

"Aquamarine is a transparent form of Beryl and ranges in colour from blue to blue-green. Legend says that it is the treasure of mermaids and in ancient times sailors often carried Aquamarine to protect them against drowning.

Aquamarine is said to be the Stone of Courage and is believed to instil courage and fortitude and to counteract a victim mentality. Its energies are calming and it is thought to act to reduce stress and quieten the mind, thus clarifying perception, sharpening the intellect and removing confusion. It is a good stone for promoting creative self-expression and for removing blocks to communication. Aquamarine is also believed to give strength to deal with difficult situations and to allow you to stay focused under pressure. "

-courage and fortitude
-calming
-reduce stress
-quieten mind
-clarify perception
-remove confusion
-creative self-expression

Wow what a list :p
I´ll see what happens and report back to you later

Noodle

I've been carrying an aquamarine for several weeks now to help with my allergies to pollens and other airborne allergens. I am very happy with the results. I carry it in my pocket at all times or sleep with it under my pillow. During this time I have only had a few times where I started to get congested, and itchy eyes and throat. On those occassions I held it in my hand or laid it on my sinus area if possible. My symptoms always cleared up within an hour, usually sooner. By this time of year I am usually on medication but so far have not taken any. It was interesting to read your post on the other uses. My personal life is pretty rocky right now, and sometimes I'm surprised at how well I've been handling it, maybe my aquamarine has been helping more than my allergies.

wildchilde

ohhh, sheesh...this group really should be re-named the EN-ABLING crystal study group! LOL I was just looking at a beautiful piece of aquamarine on ebay! But I just finished purchasing eleven more stones so I am trying to refrain!!!

These are so beautiful. I will be interested to hear the results of your studies. That's very cool to know how it affects allergies too!

Hemera

I've been carrying an aquamarine for several weeks now to help with my allergies to pollens and other airborne allergens. I am very happy with the results. s.
Oh, this is interesting! I have hay fever..

Padma

I don't wish to cross post, but the Citrine is said to help the sinuses as well, and it does. crystals DO help :) they really do work! So I have NO doubt the Aquamarine will help with allergies.

I love Aquamarine and i would like to get some, however, the sources I can find it in have such milky, occluded stones that they feel - weak. It should be fairly clear and vibrant, and the better pieces of it are, i know, a rich, dark-ish blue. I really hope to find one soon so I can participate in this - and also, funny that both DownwardSpiral and Wildchilde also wanted some, as I do too. Funny how the crystals are like when you crave a particular food - you won't function properly till you have it! Your mind and body know what is good for you :)

I will stay tuned and I can't wait to see what the crystal brings you, Hemera! :)

Noodle

I don't wish to cross post, but the Citrine is said to help the sinuses as well, and it does. crystals DO help :) they really do work! So I have NO doubt the Aquamarine will help with allergies.

I love Aquamarine and i would like to get some, however, the sources I can find it in have such milky, occluded stones that they feel - weak. It should be fairly clear and vibrant, and the better pieces of it are, i know, a rich, dark-ish blue. I really hope to find one soon so I can participate in this - and also, funny that both DownwardSpiral and Wildchilde also wanted some, as I do too. Funny how the crystals are like when you crave a particular food - you won't function properly till you have it! Your mind and body know what is good for you :)

I will stay tuned and I can't wait to see what the crystal brings you, Hemera! :)

My aquamarine is very opaque, but works great for me. Of course if one feels weak to you it is the wrong one for you. Hope you find the right one for you!

Hemera

I´ve got 2 aquamarine pendants. One is clear blue and rather small and the other one is larger and milky & greenish. I started with the small blue one but so far no results. It´s been just 5 days, though. I´ll give it a few more days and then I´ll try if the milky greenish one is any better.
I´m particularly looking for the calming and stress reducing effect since I have a lot of stress at work right now. The problem with this experiment is: How can you tell if you would have felt more stressed without the stone. There is not anything you can compare your feelings to. So how do I know if it has been reducing the stress? Maybe -even though I feel stressed right now- I might have felt even more so without the stone this week? :bugeyed: :)

wildchilde

That's a good question, Hemera! I suppose it is subjective and all we can do is presume that we would feel more pressure/stress without the crystal based on our previous reactions to stress inducing situations.

Meanwhile...I caught this show on the travel channel in the middle of the night last night (getting ready to cut off the cable so watching all sorts of stuff while I still can LOL). I was surprised by it because I didn't even know it existed...it's a show about gem buyers/hunters who travel the world looking for the "perfect" stones for whatever project they are doing. It is a good show to see some amazing pieces and also to see how all crystals are actually procured (often in very difficult circumstances). The show I saw was about the aquamarine! and the last one they showed was worth over $750,000 and believed to be the largest ever mined, if I caught that right.

GEM HUNT ON THE TRAVEL CHANNEL Go to picture #10 to see the largest one. Not sure if they have video available on the site.

Padma

Hemera, I have noticed that some stones work very quickly, while others take their time...but you still do feel the effects eventually. Maybe it is working at a subtle level just now, and will show results (or results will "surface") later.

Do you meditate with the stone at all? I have found that incredibly useful to do...it seems to connect the stone to the user, and "wakes" the stone up...good luck, I really hope you get some good result from it.

DownwardSpiral

I´ve got 2 aquamarine pendants. One is clear blue and rather small and the other one is larger and milky & greenish. I started with the small blue one but so far no results. It´s been just 5 days, though. I´ll give it a few more days and then I´ll try if the milky greenish one is any better.
I´m particularly looking for the calming and stress reducing effect since I have a lot of stress at work right now. The problem with this experiment is: How can you tell if you would have felt more stressed without the stone. There is not anything you can compare your feelings to. So how do I know if it has been reducing the stress? Maybe -even though I feel stressed right now- I might have felt even more so without the stone this week? :bugeyed: :)

Hemera must live a pretty stress free life : ) I guess for me....I know pretty much how I feel in various situations...so I would notice if I was feeling calmer or not in those situations. Without looking I'm thinking weren't the pearls calming? So how do you feel (overall) wearing the aquamarine compared to the pearls? At the healing crystals for you site...some of the crystals properties are slightly different depending on the color of the crystal.