Looking for a spread

13Monkeez

I have been looking for a Tarot spread or method to help connect or reconnect with someone that you feel a spiritual "connection" to. I have a friend, with whom I have felt a connection on a "deeper" level from when we first met, a person I literally feel as if our very souls are connected somehow, and we have been friends for some time...but the last few months there are circumstances in both of our lives that seem to be blocking this connection, like a block of the energy that's normally between us. I am wondering if there is a spread that might help with this situation, as I miss the comradery we once shared.

Anyone familiar with this sort of situation? It's very difficult to explain I realize, but it's like things have been thrown off balance, but is anyone familiar with a Tarot spread or method to help reopen the channels between us, and help re-establish that flow of chi that is still there, but not able to come through at this point?

Maelin

This may be less about the spread, and more about careful formation of the question. The good old celtic cross (with its many proponants as well as critics) - is well suited to such a question, as it focuses on getting to the main issue or conflict - the center crossed cards, the explaining the background and influencers - the surrounding 4 cards - and then the further insight and outcome.

Do you want to understand what is blocking the connection you experienced? Do you want to know what to do to reopen it? Perhaps you want to know what that connection stems from in the first place. Each is a different question, each valid, and each the critical component in getting deeper layers of truth,

My own view ( and I recognize it may be a minority one! ) Is that the spread is far less critical than focussing on the right question, Often figuring out the right question is more enlightening than the cards willl be in the spread.

13Monkeez

Maelin said:
This may be less about the spread, and more about careful formation of the question. The good old celtic cross (with its many proponants as well as critics) - is well suited to such a question, as it focuses on getting to the main issue or conflict - the center crossed cards, the explaining the background and influencers - the surrounding 4 cards - and then the further insight and outcome.

Do you want to understand what is blocking the connection you experienced? Do you want to know what to do to reopen it? Perhaps you want to know what that connection stems from in the first place. Each is a different question, each valid, and each the critical component in getting deeper layers of truth,

My own view ( and I recognize it may be a minority one! ) Is that the spread is far less critical than focussing on the right question, Often figuring out the right question is more enlightening than the cards willl be in the spread.

I actually know where you're coming from...for me I tend to formulate the question, and then look for a spread that flows with the question. If I can't find one I generally create one of my own, which often works out the best. On this particular issue though, I have been stumped trying to create a spread. I have a good idea what is causing the connection to be stifled...and what I am looking for is a spread to sort of guide me in the direction to get rid of the obstacles that are affecting our friendship. In other words, I know the cause, and the effect, but am unsure how to tackle the issue. If there is anything I can do on a spiritual level to reopen the channels so that the chi will flow properly again. I think this is probably not a totally uncommon issue among close friends. We all have points in our lives of not seeing eye to eye on things.