Spirit Spread - for self reflection

dream mage

author currently unknown.
Submitted by permission from the website www.ravensongtarot.com

This is a spread for self reflection and meditation. It can be read for yourself as a reader or for a "client". Choose a significator card and then proceed with the spread as follows:

_______7_____
_______5_____
9__4__1/2__3__10
_______6_____
_______8_____

1. Your Spiritual Side *
2. Mental Side *
3. Emotional State
4. Physical State
5. Masculine Side
6. Feminine Side
7. Work/Outer World
8. Home/Inner World
9. Your Self Image
10. State of Your Relationships

*card 1 is likened to the card 1 in the Celtic Cross Spread.
*card 2 is placed slightly on top of card 1.

This Spread comes off as slightly advanced because of the layout and the nature of the spread requires lots of thought and intuition. A pre-exisiting knowledge Masculine, Feminine, Shamanic and Mundane energies is extremely helpful but not required.

Quote from the website: "This is a spread of self discovery. No problems or resolutions are stated, it is an assesment of one's current state of being. It can be used for meditation and study."

dream mage

a little more on the spirirt spread

This is one of the first spreads I included into my private tarot journal. I've found this spread to be a great one to use as I meditate or to found out "what I'm missing" in my life. I've used this spread for myself and for others to get a general overview of what life is like at the moment.

Tomorrow, I'll tack on a sample reading from my journal. Right now my daughter needs lunch!
Laters!

Citrin

That one seems good! I'm going to write it down and try it out when I get the time. :)

Thank you for sharing it!

Citrin

Can I just ask where the significator is put in the spread? I rarely use one, so not too familiar with that...

dream mage

to Citrin

Ravensong informed me that the significator card went underneath the card 1 position.

Lay down your significator card in the middle or center of you tarot cloth or table and just lay the card 1 on top if it.

dream mage

sample reading for Spirit Spread.

As promised, here is the sample reading: ( Rx = reversed )

1. KNGT of Wands Rx
2. Hermit Rx
3. Wands II
4. Swords III
5. Ace of Wands
6. Page of Pentacles
7. Strength
8. Pent. VII Rx
9. Hanged Man
10. Page of Swords.

Reading done 1:18 pm Wednesday Sept. 7 2005
Significator - Queen of Pentacles.

The Knight of Wands tells me that something is causing dis-rest in my spirit and is clogging my spiritual nature.
The Hermit tells me that I'm hiding it from myself. (I could be fearing my spiritual side)
My emotions show me feeling like I have to protect myself and my family - I'm being diligent but feeling weary.
The Physical shows confusion and disorder (illness, sexual frustration, or weight fluxuations).
The Ace of Wands tells me that I'm taking an aggressive straight forward leadership of my family and money; and also showing a passionate thirst for creativity.
My more intellectual side (page of Pentacles) shows I have a lot of study and reflection going on and there are messages (possibly of a spiritual nature).
I'm showing a strong will and energy at Work, - People view me as steady and iron willed,
but at home, my anxiety over money problems is taking it's toll. (VII Pent. Rx)
I see myself struggling and carrying the 'weight' solely for my family.
I've taken authority over my relationships at home, by helping out more and taking charge.

Advice - Relax, let up the pressure on yourself and your family. Remember you are a team. Don't boss around or nag your family. Remember you're not in this alone.

Citrin

dream mage said:
Ravensong informed me that the significator card went underneath the card 1 position.

Lay down your significator card in the middle or center of you tarot cloth or table and just lay the card 1 on top if it.

Thank you, that makes sense. :)

bleu_bell

Ooohhh, very interesting spread. I'm going to try this. :)