Crystals and vivid dreams

Bluedahlia

Crystals and vivid dreams - is there a connection?

Hello,

I recently purchased a few new crystals for meditation/healing properties - howlite, onyx, sapphire, citrine, bloodstone, agate and one that came in a candle for relaxation. So... what I thought was so weird is that after I bought them I noticed I was having extremely vivid and/or weird disturbing dreams, the kind that wake you out of your sleep. This is really noticeable especially if they are near my bed when I sleep. I looked online but couldn't find much information. I'm trying to see a pattern between which stones I set out, and if they affect my dreams more than others. So far it just seems that no matter which combo, my dreams are much stronger and I've had ALOT more nightmares. This freaked me out so much that I put them away for a couple of days, which made my dreams less crazy and it seemed better. Now I mostly just set out howlite before bed and I'm usually ok. This is so strange, I wonder if anyone else has experienced dream issues when stones are around? Maybe it was the store I bought them from? I did a cleanse with them before I even used them, eg salt water, and ran them through incense. During the day they're usually in the sunlight so I thought that might help. So... any thoughts on this interesting phenomenon? Or am I just imagining it? Are certain stones not supposed to be near each other? I was trying to become more relaxed and tranquil, but with those dreams that's obviously not happening! Much love and light

Tigerangel

Personally I think there is a very strong connection with crystals and dreams, everytime I sleep with a crystal close to me when sleeping I have the most vivid and unusual dreams, not like my usual dreams, with crystals they always seem to be quite abstract and takes abit for me to unravel the deeper meaning of the dream, when the dream seems more of nightmare I think it's the crystal releasing negative energies/emotions that your not consciously aware of, so when I have the scary types of dreams now I just put down to stuff that needs to be released from my subconscious mind.

Bluedahlia

Hi tigerangel, thanks for your reply. I didnt realize that these crystals and stones would impact my dreaming like they did. I'm glad to hear your insight - maybe my dreams are like that because they *are* releasing negativity so it shows up in my dreams as a product of that. It's so interesting that this even happens! I wonder if it's a good thing though? I feel like the energy from these stones is just so strong if they're causing this. Could it have any negative effect? Like some of my dreams were really disturbing, it makes me think that it's not good to enhance or even bring on nightmares in this way? Does this make any sense? Lol I usually have insomnia so I really thought having healing stones and crystals around would help. Now I'm not so sure...��✨much love and light

Laura Borealis

I was going to start a thread like this. I had an amethyst cluster on my bedside shelves and had nutty dreams for the three nights it was there. Then I moved it across the room and they returned to normal. In other threads, I've read that others have had similar experiences with amethyst.

I am not sure if it actually had an effect on my dream content, or if it just allowed me to remember more. I think it's the latter though.

So I'm curious about other stones that might work with dreaming. I did read about howlite helping with restful sleep, which seems to be your experience, Bluedahlia.

danieljuk

If you have something sending out energy next you all night, it's going to affect you in some way and influence your dreams :) I think if you cleanse them they are probably going to be stronger next to your bed, unless they have a nasty energy or been near something where they need cleansing. When I leave them by my bed, they actually seem to get quieter in energy for me, but get louder when I charge them by moon / sun light..

Some stones have specific dream properties but I think they affect different people differently and so you have to experiment. If they are affecting them, move them further away!

Amethyst is a classic dream stone! it's supposed to stop insomnia and give you pleasant dreams but Laura felt affected by it. So you have to see how we are affected individually.

some stones that are supposed to give nice dreams - Agate, Malachite, Tiger Eye for more insight in your dreams.

Labradorite and Amesthyst are often used to improved Lucid dreaming.
Lepidolite for nightmares.

There is a stone which I can't remember now that was talked about on here that is good for dream recall!

But I think they can all affect our dreams in different ways. I think you have experiment which give you better dreams and which don't! you can always search google for "gem stone name" and "dreams" and see what the properties are for that. But if they are affecting you, move them from the room or keep them in a black bag.

Bluedahlia

Wow, thanks guys!

Laura.. I'll try moving them across the room like you did. It's funny how amethyst affected you like that. I actually just came across a small pouch of stones I had put away and pulled out the amethyst to keep nearby. I'll have to see if it has any impact on my dreams or sleep. I usually carry hematite with me during the day but not nearby at night. It usually seems to help ground me and keep some stress at bay. Wonder if that would settle my dreams/sleep at all...

And danieljuk thank you for your insights. I wonder if the stones can have any residual negative energy after a cleanse? I bought them at this cool little candle and stone holistic shop, makes me wonder how many people had gone through there and picked up/handled them? Or maybe they were just super charged from the cleanse? I think the agate I bought seems to bring in weird, almost macabre dreams but I'm still so drawn to it? Maybe it's just drawing out the negativity and bringing it to light? I'll have to look into the lepidolite stone.

All of you guys are awesome for replying ~ I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has experienced such crazy energy from stones.

In other stone related news, I was at this space festival day where they had a piece of moon rock out on display that you could touch. I felt a kind of vibration from it when I touched it. It was the coolest thing, and I totally wasn't expecting anything like that. I wish I could have brought one back with me! (Could you just imagine one's dreams then?!)

Much love and light ✨

Laura Borealis

Thanks for starting this thread, Blue. It's such an interesting topic. I love dreaming, but had fallen into a pattern of not recalling what I dreamed about. Like all skills it requires some effort, but now I have this new toolbox to experiment with.

Last night I decided to try the amethyst again, but added two clear quartz points. My thought was that they would amplify the effects and possibly mitigate anything disturbing. I added two because I couldn't decide which one to use, so I used both.

I burned patchouli incense in my room, cleared all the crystals and programmed them with my intent. I've never actually done this before and I felt a little silly. :p I used this method, but there are other similar methods on the web. I put the crystals on the shelf next to my bed and went through my normal nighttime/falling asleep routine.

The dreams were... vivid. Bright colors, lots of shifting imagery. I woke often but would fall right back asleep. The first one was rather disturbing, about monsters living in the walls of an old hotel. I thought I found a safe place, but then a monster slipped through a narrow crack and absorbed the person next to me. I recognized it as a dream and woke myself up (I can usually do this). After that, the dreams were basically pleasant - scenes in nature, along rocky streams and such. Again, vivid colors and scenes shifting from one thing to another. It was lots of fun. :D The last dream had me breaking into someone's posh cabin out in the wilderness to use their kitchen; I started out making a stir-fry but by the time it was done, it was salmon mousse :confused: Then the owner came back and was upset to find me there, so I woke again.

I don't feel like I got very restful sleep because it was dreams-dreams-dreams all night long! But it was fun, and I'll do it again in a few nights. Tonight, though, I'm leaving the crystals in the other room.

Laura Borealis

. I usually carry hematite with me during the day but not nearby at night. It usually seems to help ground me and keep some stress at bay. Wonder if that would settle my dreams/sleep at all...

I'm not well versed on what different stones are good for, but Padma told me that hematite can give you a headache if you have it near your head. Your mileage may vary, but something to watch out for.

In other stone related news, I was at this space festival day where they had a piece of moon rock out on display that you could touch. I felt a kind of vibration from it when I touched it. It was the coolest thing, and I totally wasn't expecting anything like that. I wish I could have brought one back with me! (Could you just imagine one's dreams then?!)

Much love and light ✨

That is so cool! Lucky you.

NASA should have brought back moon rocks to sell, and support the space program :D

I'd love to have a small meteorite, and they are for sale on eBay and such. One of these days.

Bluedahlia

Hi Laura, WOW your dreams were insane! Did any of it make sense to you? Like we're you able to interpret any of it? Or was it just a bunch of random stuff? Mine so far just feel really random if I mix the wrong stones. At least I'm learning which ones *not* to keep near me at night. For some reason I think the bloodstone and agate mess with my head at night...

I like how you cleared and then programmed your crystals. I knew to clear mine, but not about the programming part. o__O I guess I'll have to try that next time I cleanse them. :)

And you're welcome! It's pretty cool to see that other people also have these experiences. At first I thought I was just having like a placebo effect about the crystals. I mentioned how my dreams were so weird after the crystals to my family and they pretty much thought I was cuckoo. Ha-ha! (It's good to know I'm not ;) )

Thanks for starting this thread, Blue. It's such an interesting topic. I love dreaming, but had fallen into a pattern of not recalling what I dreamed about. Like all skills it requires some effort, but now I have this new toolbox to experiment with.

Last night I decided to try the amethyst again, but added two clear quartz points. My thought was that they would amplify the effects and possibly mitigate anything disturbing. I added two because I couldn't decide which one to use, so I used both.

I burned patchouli incense in my room, cleared all the crystals and programmed them with my intent. I've never actually done this before and I felt a little silly. :p I used this method, but there are other similar methods on the web. I put the crystals on the shelf next to my bed and went through my normal nighttime/falling asleep routine.

The dreams were... vivid. Bright colors, lots of shifting imagery. I woke often but would fall right back asleep. The first one was rather disturbing, about monsters living in the walls of an old hotel. I thought I found a safe place, but then a monster slipped through a narrow crack and absorbed the person next to me. I recognized it as a dream and woke myself up (I can usually do this). After that, the dreams were basically pleasant - scenes in nature, along rocky streams and such. Again, vivid colors and scenes shifting from one thing to another. It was lots of fun. :D The last dream had me breaking into someone's posh cabin out in the wilderness to use their kitchen; I started out making a stir-fry but by the time it was done, it was salmon mousse :confused: Then the owner came back and was upset to find me there, so I woke again.

I don't feel like I got very restful sleep because it was dreams-dreams-dreams all night long! But it was fun, and I'll do it again in a few nights. Tonight, though, I'm leaving the crystals in the other room.

elle_muse

Oh wow!

I know how scary it is, but these experiences to me are what made me believe in reiki and the power of crystals. I know you have some healing and the stones are helping you BIG TIME. The whole "it'll hurt before it gets better" or when a cut is haling, it'll be itchy. I think of it like that. You're purging, you're getting stuff out. This is something major. I'm so excited for you. But I get it, it can suck. Nightmares aren't fun.

:D