Record keeper on a crystal skull?

Onion Budgie

Hello everyone,

I'd appreciate some advice from those in the know. :)

Today I bought a wonderful, lemon-sized clear quartz crystal skull. On its crown is what appears to be a trigonic record keeper (approx. 1/2 to 3/4 of a cm on each of its three sides, and descending into the skull to around 3/4 of a cm).

My question is this: *could it be* a record keeper formation, or is it simply a triangular vug?

My knowledge of record keepers isn't so great. I'm unsure if I can classify it as a record keeper when it is displaying in a carved crystal as opposed to an untouched point.

Your thoughts, please? :)

Onion Budgie

No-one here knows anything about record keepers? It's not just me, then! :laugh:

I suppose the triangular indent could be what the experts call "growth interference". I'd just like to be sure. I've certainly never heard of, or seen, a record keeper on a carved crystal before.

Redfaery

Well, I think it's probably a product of the carving process, but knowing nothing about how your skull was made, I can't say for sure. With a piece of quartz that big, there are going to be dents and grooves that simply can't be polished out.

celticnoodle

Hello everyone,

I'd appreciate some advice from those in the know. :)

Today I bought a wonderful, lemon-sized clear quartz crystal skull. On its crown is what appears to be a trigonic record keeper (approx. 1/2 to 3/4 of a cm on each of its three sides, and descending into the skull to around 3/4 of a cm).

My question is this: *could it be* a record keeper formation, or is it simply a triangular vug?

My knowledge of record keepers isn't so great. I'm unsure if I can classify it as a record keeper when it is displaying in a carved crystal as opposed to an untouched point.

Your thoughts, please? :)

I've never heard of this before, tbh. I saw your thread yesterday and was intrigued by it, but didn't read it then, as I never heard of this. But, decided tonight to google it. I still don't quite understand it and wish you could post a picture of your crystal so we could possibly see this for ourselvs too.

It looks like quartz crystals as well as sapphires and rubies are the only crystals that can have this in them, and this type of a formation in teh crystal is made when a mineral rich solution is formed over top of any part of the crystal that is bulging from the main body of the crystal.

They are especially tuned to enhance psychic abilities into the person who possesses a stone with the trigon, specifically clairvoyance and clairaudience. They seem to be very instrumental during meditations, to help you connect with your spiritual guides and can also be tuned for healings as well as helping you gain access to the Akashic Records. They are also used for past life healings, so is often used by shamans, (so I read) or during astral travels.

Sounds like an interesting stone - any which could have this trigonic shape in it and your stone! I'm going to have to go through all my quartz crystals and see if they have one. Also my sapphires and rubies! :D

Have you used it in meditations, yet? Have you noticed anything changing in your life as a result of this crystal since buying it? Such as increased abilities? Do keep us posted about anything you notice with this crystal. Very interesting!

celticnoodle

(((Padma))) You are a GEM! This is the 2nd time in less then 48 hours that you have alerted me (unwittingly) to something interesting! :) T.Y.!

Onion Budgie

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Let's see if I can work out how to attach a couple of photos to this message.

You'll see that the indent is quite deep, and extends down to a point.

The skull has a nice energy to it, but it hasn't fully opened up yet. It was kept inside a glass case in the store that I bought it from, and I've read that skulls HATE being kept in a confined space behind glass. It's probably still sulking a little about that. ;)

If anyone has any further thoughts, I'd really appreciate them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Rushes/PIC_0009_zpsewcewcfd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Rushes/PIC_0012_zpsina79snq.jpg

celticnoodle

Oh, wow! lovely crystal skull! Yes, I can see them on there too! How exciting!!! Do keep us posted as you use it, how it works for you and what all you get from it. I'm going to be spending time examining all of my crystals this weekend! :laugh:

Padma

I'm sorry but that just looks like a natural indentation, to me...I believe it is too deep to be a sign of a record keeper. Record-keepers have a triangular shape or shapes *etched, lightly indented* or slightly raised on them, not dug deeply in...

https://www.crystalvaults.com/atlantian-lemurian-crystals

Still, it's a cute skull. They are great for "ancestor" work and meditations. :) Enjoy it! I am sure it is pleased to be liberated from the glass cabinet, insofar as stones have feelings. ;)

Onion Budgie

Yes, I'm thinking now that it's more likely to be a growth interference.

Although the type of record keeper known as a "trigonic" does display more deeply than the traditional kind which can barely be felt with the fingertip.

It's all very interesting. :)

It's a lovely skull, and whatever-it-is on the top of its noggin just makes it the more so to me. :D