Singing Bowls

Water Lady

thank you, I have only heard the singing bowls, don't have one. but really like them

The Happy Squirrel

Isn't it lovely? :)

Someone said that singing bowls help empty the mind, and when the mind is still, we are free to create, and to manifest :)

Anyone here know anything about how to choose a good singing bowl? All I know is get the sound which makes you totally relaxed.

:)

stonesatiety

Hi Happy Squirrel: Thanks for sharing that! Very nice. The singing bowls that attracted me are called Deva's Gift Quartz Crystal Bowls. The originators received the design from the crystal devas, and have remained true to that form. The first bowls were 8-inch diameter, then six-inch diameter bowls were added. I have one of the eight inch bowls.

I played with the bowls in person at a shop where I worked, and the amazing results with a lot of people showed me how powerful and healing the bowls could be. When I felt it was time to purchase a bowl, I called Marilyn at Ahhh Muse in New Mexico and asked her if any bowls there were for me. She found one and shipped it. When it arrived and I played it, I loved the sound and presence, and still do!

These bowls are not tuned and radiate multiple frequencies. It's like having more than one bowl. Although I love other singing bowls, this one has satisfied me for many years now. The intention of these bowls is to help us calm down and listen to what our bodies are telling us.

I suggest going with a bowl that appeals strongly to you. Good luck and happy bowl hunting!

Now I need to go play my bowl! ;-)

The Happy Squirrel

Thanks Stonesatiety, I have never seen a singing bowl like that before! I have been looking at antique singing bowls traditionally used by Buddhist monks in Tibet and India. The process of choosing the right one is tricky because I have to buy online and so rely on recorded sound clips as I closed my eyes to see which bowl is right for me. The recording quality is pretty good. But there were still recording texture so I have to rely on my instinct a lot! They really are lovely aren't they :)

Briar Rose

Apollos Axes has the best prices on singing bowls. I got a set of 3 for $26.00 from them. They are made well.

For the metal ones, a culpry singing bowl, to me, has the best resonance. Culpry (hope I got that name and spelling correct) goes straight up with a slight curve, while the other ones bow out.

I would love a set of crystal ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itd3ZxvWXnU

Wow!

Halloween

There are smartphone apps too that u could get for free to tide u over as well

Rhoswen

I've enjoyed hearing Ashana play her bowls and sing in concert. I also use one of her CDs in my Reiki sessions.

Otherwise, I have no connection with her!

Her webpage "The Sound of Ashana" states that she helps match people and crystal bowls!

Mods: Please remove the previous sentence if I shouldn't mention her webpage.

stonesatiety

Thanks Stonesatiety, I have never seen a singing bowl like that before! I have been looking at antique singing bowls traditionally used by Buddhist monks in Tibet and India. The process of choosing the right one is tricky because I have to buy online and so rely on recorded sound clips as I closed my eyes to see which bowl is right for me. The recording quality is pretty good. But there were still recording texture so I have to rely on my instinct a lot! They really are lovely aren't they :)

Hi Happy Squirrel! Your name mekes me smile. I love the old Tibetan bowls! They have a unique presence. I'd go with one that makes you feel good inside, even without playing it.

After replying to your post I sat awhile holding Estyria (the name I got for the feminine-feeling bowl with me), and soon warm, loving energy flowed up my arms into my heart and chest. This happened without actually playing her. I forgot! This type bowl always sings. When unhindered--the sides untouched--she sings ever so quietly or more loudly. I've had many surprises since Estyria's arrival.

The Happy Squirrel

I finally ordered an antique singing bowl :) It is made of hand beaten brass. All the stories and histories around these bowls are so fascinating!

With it, I have a ringing stick as well as a mallet (the kind used in orchestras), striking the bowl with different implements make different sounds. The ringing stick give it a more energetic vibrations, while the mallet softer ones. For me, the soothing comes from its visual. I meditate visually anyway, so this makes sense. But maybe, that is more lust than spiritual!! :D

As for apps, there is a meditation timer app called Insight Timer that I can highly recommend!