Books We Actually Use

Freddie

I forgot to add:

Tarot for Youself - Mary Greer

Visconti Tarot - Berti

Freddie

JylliM

Obviously The Thoth "set"- DuQuette, Snuffin, Book of Thoth.

But for other decks - I am amazed at how indispensible I find Rachel Pollock's Tarot Wisdom. Everyone refers to 78 Degress of Wisdom but Tarot Wisdom engages me much more and I love rereading the 3 or 4 pages on a card sometimes to remember all the conceivable dimensions.

Also, sometimes I like to consult the quickfire meanings found in Tarot Plain & Simple. It's great if you're scratching your head over a card position and there's often something in those torrents of divinatory meanings which gives me an unusual perspective

I've recently acquired and and am slowly reading Tarot Wisdom. I like the way Pollack looks at the development of meaning over time for the cards, so you get a more satisfying understanding of why a card means what it does today (inasfar as it has a standard meaning/s). It's a very interesting and wide ranging book, which I'm sure I'll re-read more than once. I've already read some of the individual card entries a couple of times.

Rainchilde

My most used book is Mary Greer's Tarot Reversals. It has both upright and reversed meanings and imo provides the range of meanings I want. I also occasionally refer to 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card by Greer as well.

Ditto! With the sometimes addition of Tarot Tips by Ruth Ann & Wald Amberstone

Though based on the one review I saw for the Deviant Moon book (and the fact it's my fav), I suspect this will be on the list once I can get a copy!!!

Gulliver

I use very few tarot books. First Kabbala and co tells nothing to me, it's a construct, not logical (natural) in itself. On the other side, I love the creative impact of tarot - for that I don't need any book. So I have only a very small summary by Hajo Banzhaf. Further I will use the Open Reading by Ben-Dov (didn't have enough time to read it all over until now). Enrique Enriquez's insides seem to be a great bergain for me (for my purposes) but I don't own a book at the moment. For the Thoth and the Haindl I have books too for the case, I'll use them a lot.

And then....absolutely beloved, because of the intelligence, the creativity, the emotional content are the books of Baba Prague for their decks.

Shade

My most often referenced books are:

Tarot Reversals by Mary Greer
The New Tarot Handbook by Rachel Pollack
The companion book for whatever I'm using (you always learn something new)

Barleywine

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I'm slowly working off this list; at this point I've read Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Louis (most valuable for its comparison tables and case studies as well as its numerological observations) along with his Fool's Journey e-book on decans, and am now reading Paul Quinn's Tarot for Life. It also has good, brief case studies as well as useful "key attribute" sections for each card. I've just started it, but so far I think he really nailed the High Priestess.

samantha

Not a daily as such, but one I do find myself going back to is Karmic Tarot by William Lammey, tho' still on the fence about past lives I like some of his card interpretations very much.

jillkite

i really liked 'Tarot for All Seasons' for a while and want to get hold of a copy again.

Luna's Crone

a good book

A good book is Tarot of the Spirit by Pam Eakins. I bought that book and that is what has gotten me interested in tarot.

rwcarter

A good book is Tarot of the Spirit by Pam Eakins. I bought that book and that is what has gotten me interested in tarot.
Are you speaking of the original or the updated book?