Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 11 - #131

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 11
Number: 131

Symbol: CHILDREN ON A SWING IN THE SAFETY OF A HUGE OAK TREE.

purple_scorp

Sometimes when I pull a card it seems to conflict against what is actually going on in my life and then I read through the accompanying text, over and over. And then, maybe just one small sentence, or sometimes a quote jumps out at me and I know that that is the part of the message that I'm supposed to receive.

This was the case, when I pulled this card on 18/8/6. Without revealing the question, the important message for me was the caution..."expecting others to take all responsibility while one just plays".

And Lyn talks about swings and roundabouts.....

It reminded me that perhaps we can't always get what we want, and what we miss on the swings, we can pick up on the roundabout.

I know the card is about protection and security.....and that is how I would like the situation to be. Perhaps I should stop analysing and take the card for its overall interpretation.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

There's so many ways to see a symbol.....if I may....to make a swing, swing from that wonderful Oak tree, we have to excite it....add energy to it...and the more we give it the farther it swings. Ohh it can be invigorating!!!

tink

purple_scorp

Hi tink,

thanks for your insight. Your words make a lot of sense and fit my problem.

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 202

tink27

I remember when my dad made us a tire swing and strapped it to an old tree in our yard. My friends and I could swing on it, three at a time…rising, moving and spinning freely in and out of the light together!. It was exhilarating and so fun! We reveled and giggled in impish delight!

On a swing, we can safely push out our self-expression and s-t-r-e-t-c-h our far reaching insights and bring them back in!! At first, in our exuberance, our force, our instincts can be too strong....we push too hard, our friends get scared, some fall off, others run away. But through the process it brings all of us closer together. It shatters old patterns and helps us receive flashes of inspiration. We begin to learn and trust one another. Experiences we will go through time and time again.

Look how proud the oak tree stands. It didn’t just grow over night, it grew naturally and gradually over hundreds of years. It didn’t forge ahead or impose itself on anyone….it pushed up and out, inspired by the Sun, the reflection of the Moon and supported by the Earth. It grew with dignity, with purpose….it became co-creator of history.

In this symbol I think we are beginning to learn the true art of friendship. We are also learning to integrate and harness our fiery nature to a purpose, an ambition and a goal. Once we get our rhythm, it creates self-control. A difficult task for many of us. But if we imagine ourselves with nature and on this swing, it will helps us to calm and settle down our nervous tension and our too strong a will. We will feel inspired and get along easily with everyone!

tink :love:

MCsea

Leo 11
Birthdays: August 2nd–4th
Numerology: 131
Sabian Symbol: Children on a swing in a huge oak tree
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Delight
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Subclavian veins
Crystal Element: Tree Agate / Dendritic Agate
Expression: Tree Agate contains branch-like, black manganese crystals. Tree Agate renews the enjoyment of pleasure, including reconnection to nature, relaxation and carefree play.
Message: Simple pleasures, sharing happiness and friendship.
Sun Focus: Past life sacrifices have paved the way for success in this life – remember to make time to relax and enjoy.
Affirmation: At this moment I am free, joyful, and contented with myself.