synastry question

star-lover

when one persons venus is exact conjunct the others ascendant who is the one in love then? or are they both?

dadsnook2000

One answer . . .

The Ascendant degree in one's chart is the point of experience when activated by a transit, the expression of our personality as conditioned by aspectual and rulership relationships, the manner in which we speak and present ourselves. When someone else has their Venus at our Ascendant degree, then we are expected to "experience, speak, present their Venus values."

You might see this as another form of "projection". Normally, we project onto others through our Descendant degree. When another has a planet on our Ascendant, then that is sort of like a projection of them onto us.

As an example, my wife's Moon is on my Ascendant. She expects me to act and respond to her needs, to her habits and her experiences. If any of you understand men-women relationships, not of today, but of yester-year, then you know there's not a snowball's chance in a hot place of that happening with any degree of consistency or sincerity. Dave

star-lover

so dave lol
my venus is conjunt his ascendant
does he fancy me or do i fancy him?

dadsnook2000

All by itself . . .

All by itself, your Venus on his Ascendant suggests that you wish him to be attracted to you. Venus is the energy, the attraction -- while the ASC is the experience. There will need to be something else such as Sun-Moon, Sun-Venus, Venus-Moon, Moon-Mercury or some link from your Ascendant to one of his planets to give this relationship some substance. There is a sense of attraction but in order to have some form of structure or durability there might need to be other personal-contacts as well as something, perhaps, with Saturn involved (or another outer planet). Couples have to have something between them in terms of personality attractions as well as something structural that links them into a social/community presence.

Have you run a composite chart or done a full synastry analysis (this takes a lot of work but it could give you a lot to think about and would teach you a lot about astrology through the process of investigating, thinking and piecing the puzzle together). Dave

star-lover

i have run a composite chart and done the synastry - i wondered about that asc-venus aspect because it is so exact - only about 10' distance

theres plenty of interaspects - a whole host of them though i don't know about orbs - they say synastry orbs should be really tight and also the problem of out of sign aspects - would these count?

we have hard and soft contacts - some of the tighter aspects are
(his) moon opposite my pluto/asc
moon trine mars
moon trine neptune
venus conjunct neptune
venus sextile pluto/asc
venus trine mars
sun square mars
sun square saturn
mars conjunct mars
mercury conjunct venus
saturn trine asc
sun moon is a quintile one way and a quincunx the other way

i could go on and on theres lots of them - he was born 5 days after me so our charts have lots of similarity/interaction anyhow

i agree with you synastry is very very fascinating and complex of course and to my experience is very accurate

stardancer

I have an interesting relationship with a man I share squares with. We both have Venus square each other's Sun, and Mars square each other's Sun. Our suns are trine by sign, our moons are conjunct and his Venus Mars is conjunct and mine is in opposition. There are other aspects to the charts where we are similar in personality and habits, and there is a stabilizing Saturn to Mars trine.

Does Dave have anything to say to that, lol?

star-lover

stardancer said:
I have an interesting relationship with a man I share squares with. We both have Venus square each other's Sun, and Mars square each other's Sun. Our suns are trine by sign, our moons are conjunct and his Venus Mars is conjunct and mine is in opposition. There are other aspects to the charts where we are similar in personality and habits, and there is a stabilizing Saturn to Mars trine.

Does Dave have anything to say to that, lol?

sun square mars is a competitive aspect - i had a synastry report done by jonathan cainer and he said it's like you're always keeping score, both of you have to be right, have to win - its not a major problem just something to be aware of
the 2 squares i dont like one bit in synastry is venus square saturn and moon square saturn - both v problematic - even more so than moon/pluto harsh aspects

stardancer

Oh, yeah. Those Saturn squares can be harsh, but in order for a relationship to stay together, you need to have Saturn aspects. Saturn squares seem to force people to stay together for duty reasons, and you see a lot of charts with them. Relationships aren't supposed to be all Venus and Jupiter. That's too bad, imo. lol. I like Venus and Jupiter.

Squares are such a mixed bag in synastry, because they present a situation between two people they can't ignore. And the situation is rough, not easy flowing like a trine.

I guess trouble is the spice of life... if you're a Scorpio or Pluto inclined person. ;)

SirenRising

star-lover said:
the 2 squares i dont like one bit in synastry is venus square saturn and moon square saturn - both v problematic - even more so than moon/pluto harsh aspects

My mars makes a square to my boyfriend's pluto... is this too explosive ;P?

star-lover

stardancer said:
Oh, yeah. Those Saturn squares can be harsh, but in order for a relationship to stay together, you need to have Saturn aspects. Saturn squares seem to force people to stay together for duty reasons, and you see a lot of charts with them. Relationships aren't supposed to be all Venus and Jupiter. That's too bad, imo. lol. I like Venus and Jupiter.

Squares are such a mixed bag in synastry, because they present a situation between two people they can't ignore. And the situation is rough, not easy flowing like a trine.

I guess trouble is the spice of life... if you're a Scorpio or Pluto inclined person. ;)

venus jupiter - FANTASTIC/WONDERFUL lol
i have moon-jupiter conjunction with a friend - best mates it is

no end to the laughs we have

yeah trouble is the spice of life - but doable trouble ie the kind that keeps it ticking over/on your toes not the frustrating not going anywhere beating a dead horse kind of trouble