Fool's journey in life..

indianstorm

I wondered whether if i could superimpose the fools journey through the major arcana and incorporate it into a spread. If this is something someone has already thought about, my opologise for replicating. It just dawned on me today while trying to revise, and also after experimenting with Lucifermom's 21 card spread, the spread looked like a travel through time and life to me :)

The spread draws on 22 cards (both majors and minors), placed into each of the Major Arcana houses. It should look like this:

each position has its lessons that each major arcana represents.

00- Where you are right now?
01- meeting the magician: what potential do i possess in me?
02- meeting the priestess: what important knowledge/ information have I come to acquire?
03- meeting the Empress: what have I nurtured in me (good or bad)?
04- meeting the Emperor: what have I come to value in my rational mind?
05- meeting the Hierophant: What values or beliefs are influencing me?
06-meeting the Lovers: Am I in harmony/unison with myself/ partner/ work
etc?
07- meeting the Chariot: Have I learnt to focus? where am i going?
08- meeting strength: what have I understood about my will power and desires/control?
09- meeting the Hermit: Do i consider my decisions or thoughts with depth and wisdom?
10.- Meeting the WoF- Have I learnt the meaning of fate? Am i shaping my own destiny?
11.- meeting with Justice- how well do I handle the trials and tribulations?
12- meeting with the Hanged Man- How do I cope with stillness?
13- meeting with Death- What do I know about release/ letting go? what have i come to let go?
14- meeting with Temperance- What have I learnt about emotional balance?
15- Meeting with the Devil- what have i come to understand about the physical/ material aspects about my life?
16- Meeting with the Tower- HAve I built a strong foundation for my life/love/work/etc?
17-Meeting with the Star- What have i come to hope for/ develop optimism towards?
18- Meeting with the Moon- Are there disillusions for me to dispel? What obscures my spiritual/mental/emotional clarity?
19- Meeting with the Sun- What do i see as illuminating?
20- Meeting with Judgement- Am i ready to face that which awaits me?
21- Meeting the World- I am ready for that which awaits me. Help me see my achievement/ how far I have come?

As i wrote this, I thinking on my understanding of the major arcanum. Each impacts on every single aspect of life :) So, in order to fine tune the spread, I think focussing the question to specific areas of life will be better to get a clear look.

The Fool (represenst you/me) could take a trip into family/ love/ career/ finance for eg.
Or focus it on mind/ body or spirit?

I feel this spread is simple but can get quite complicated. What will be helpful is a topic of focus, also may be a time referrence ( so you can compare the changes when you next repeat the spread). It is our individual journey after all, things will change and it will be good to see if it actually reflects reality. Also- i think this spread works to analyse the past ( I like looking back ) :), helps me see how thoughts and actions have shaped the present. The past is one thing I know for sure ( it has happened, lol! ).

tell me what you think..

I hope you find this helpful..much love

Stormy

tarotgimp

Hi stormy,

I like this one. I'm kind of a fan of larger spreads as it helps me to gain a better perspective on things then say the classic 3 card or even sometimes the celtic cross isn't enough for me. this one might also interest you.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=111612

It includes all 22 cards of the Major arcana as well as 20 cards from the minor arcana. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this one as well :)

indianstorm

hey TG :)

I did read through that thread, both of you make interesting points,. Gkad you like the spread.

This spread uses the entire deck. The houses that each major is in- helps to focus in on the main lesson that arcana teaches.

I'd probably like to see an example spread to see how well it works to be truthful. The significance of majors turning up in any of the houses is usually interesting- eg in the House of the Devil- The hierophant turning up :) Now thats gonna be interesting interpretation there.

Obviously minors in the houses- things in realm of your control- what you are doing or have done about it?

21 card spread- supposed to be simple-- i can see it can get complicated negotiating difficult issues. Life in reality! dont think this is an everyday spread, but definitely a have to have one done once at least in a lifetime type spread :) or every 6 months to check progress on a project/ area of life topic!!

Man,now I think it a dreafully serious spread after typing this out- ok now I am scared, not sure if i want to try it myself

Stormy

tarotgimp

how bout an experiment? I'm definitely willing to try yours would you be interested in attemping a read on mine?

indianstorm

you are on TG

Hey, this I can get on board with. Ok, I'll test drive your spread and you of mine. I have an exam on wednesday, so it is going to the weekend for your spread. sound good?

Stormy

tarotgimp

works for me. wish I could sympathize but classes just started and i'm stuck at home. probably won't get back to school till the fall. but anyways whenever you have time is kewl. PM me or something and let me know :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

P.S pop quiz on monday hehe jk :)

rwcarter

Stormy,

A very interesting (and good!) spread, but I have a few small nits to pick with it.

indianstorm said:
06-meeting the Lovers: Am I in harmony/unison with myself/ partner/ work
etc?
I shy away from Yes/No questions and Yes/No positions in spreads. I would reword this position to read something like, "How in harmony am I with myself/partner/work/etc.

indianstorm said:
07- meeting the Chariot: Have I learnt to focus? where am i going?
Again, Yes/No question as a position. While I think I know what you're trying to get at in this position, I think the two questions are unrelated enough to each other to potentially lead to confusion as to which aspect of the position the card is trying to address. Maybe something like, "How able am I to focus my will to ensure I go where I want to go?"

indianstorm said:
09- meeting the Hermit: Do i consider my decisions or thoughts with depth and wisdom?
Yes/No issue again.

indianstorm said:
10.- Meeting the WoF- Have I learnt the meaning of fate? Am i shaping my own destiny?
Yes/No issue and while the two questions are kinda related, they're kinda not, which could lead to confusion.

indianstorm said:
16- Meeting with the Tower- HAve I built a strong foundation for my life/love/work/etc?
Yes/No issue.

indianstorm said:
18- Meeting with the Moon- Are there disillusions for me to dispel? What obscures my spiritual/mental/emotional clarity?
The second question assumes a Yes answer to the first question. I think the second question can stand by itself without the first question, especially if it's reworded to allow for the possibility that the answer is nothing (for the particular subject that's being discussed) - What, if anything, obscures....

indianstorm said:
20- Meeting with Judgement- Am i ready to face that which awaits me?
Well, you've got the Yes/No issue for one. And if the answer is No, then this position is in direction opposition to position 21, which says that you are ready to face it. If I'm understanding where you're trying to go with this position, I think it could be reworded to be something like, "My reaction to my day of reckoning if it were to happen today."

indianstorm said:
As i wrote this, I thinking on my understanding of the major arcanum. Each impacts on every single aspect of life :) So, in order to fine tune the spread, I think focussing the question to specific areas of life will be better to get a clear look.
Experience (that I somehow seem to keep forgetting, but that's another story for another thread in another forum :laugh:) has taught me that general questions often only provide general answers. If that's what someone wants, then a general question is fine. But I tend to agree with you that the question should be focused onto one subject whether that subject is general or specific (relationships in general, for example, vs one's relationship with a specific individual).

indianstorm said:
I feel this spread is simple but can get quite complicated.
That's true of most spreads, if people want to take the time to wring every little bit of information out of them.

indianstorm said:
What will be helpful is a topic of focus, also may be a time referrence ( so you can compare the changes when you next repeat the spread). It is our individual journey after all, things will change and it will be good to see if it actually reflects reality. Also- i think this spread works to analyse the past ( I like looking back ) :), helps me see how thoughts and actions have shaped the present. The past is one thing I know for sure ( it has happened, lol! ).
Interesting that you should mention time references. I noticed that almost all your positions are either present-focused or reflective of the past. I personally tend not to do predictive readings about the future because I'm usually wrong. But I could see doing a series of these readings (every 6 months or so) as a point in time reading that can comparatively be used to check where one is on one's journey, where one might be stuck and where one might have backtracked.

Again, I think it's a great spread. Thanks for sharing it!

Rodney

tarotgimp

I did this one as a general "no specific question" spread...worked well for me I'll post it later on when i've gotten a chance to really think about my verbiage. this one was complex and not an easy read(took me about an hour). Still worked quite well

SwordsQueen