Working with Labradorite

DownwardSpiral

putting my labradorite away...again

I tried meditating with my labradorite last night and nothing really came through. I just kept falling asleep and the everyday stuff I've been dealing with was on my mind.

So I'm really not sure why there was such a need to go back to labradorite. There were a few incidents at work involving my friend as well as my supervisor that I was able to deal with and remain calm...but nothing really significant stood out to me . And then last night I just got the feeling I didn't want to work with this crysyal anymore so I put it away.

Padma

I tried meditating with my labradorite last night and nothing really came through. I just kept falling asleep and the everyday stuff I've been dealing with was on my mind.

So I'm really not sure why there was such a need to go back to labradorite. There were a few incidents at work involving my friend as well as my supervisor that I was able to deal with and remain calm...but nothing really significant stood out to me . And then last night I just got the feeling I didn't want to work with this crysyal anymore so I put it away.

that happens to me, too. Yesterday I had such an urge to put it on, so I did - and then this morning no longer wanted it to work with me ;) you may not actively know why you needed it, but I am sure the stones do things on sub-conscious/cellular levels that we don't feel or see... ;)

DownwardSpiral

that happens to me, too. Yesterday I had such an urge to put it on, so I did - and then this morning no longer wanted it to work with me ;) you may not actively know why you needed it, but I am sure the stones do things on sub-conscious/cellular levels that we don't feel or see... ;)

That's what I was thinking.....on a sub-concious level and as the crystals send out vibrations that for whatever reason I needed this crystal.

But usually I sense that it's time to move on and this time it was really weird. I can't say that it was time to stop working with this crystal....I just decided I didn't want to work with it anymore. LOL!!!!! If the 13s come back I know I'm in trouble.

PrincessPaulina

Time to resurrect this thread, as I've just begun working with Labradorite -- mine is a double-terminated wand.
In reading some of the previous posts, I noticed quite a few mentions of Labradorite's "murky" or "muddy" color/appearance, and a discussion of whether or not it is "beautiful".

Adding to the discussion: yesterday I did a pathworking meditation with my Labradorite wand, in which I imagined entering the crystal.
The piece I'm working with has a dark splotch on one end, is a cloudy greenish color, and contains very faint iridescent inclusions.

In my mind's eye I saw a series of caverns inside the Labradorite wand: the first cave containd an underground beach and the beginning of a subterranean lake, the next cave was all taken up by the body of water (though there was still air space in the chamber, above the lake), while the following tunnel contained mud.

I saw very clearly that, Elementally, the Laboradorite wand is mainly a reflection of Earth (the cave) and Water (the underground Lake), with mud as the substance born of combining the two.

This vision of mud really goes along with some of the descriptions others have posted of Labradorite looking "murky" or "muted".
In defense of mud, which doesn't initially seem like a very exciting Elemental compound, when I thought of clay I immediately understood what an extremely pliable and instrumental substance it can be, used since prehistoric times for building shelter and making dishware, among other things.

Relating to my personal experience, I am a very emotional & intuitive person (Water element), but I have a difficult time manifesting my many creative drives in the Physical Plane (Earth element).
In fact, astrologically I have absolutely no planets in Earth signs -- which is why I've been working with "Earth" archetypes lately, trying to bring more grounding & manifestation into my life.
I believe, intuitively, that Labradorite can help me (and probably others) to focus on manifesting my creative gifts, through it's combination of Water & Earth element energy.

So when I think of Labradorite, there is definitely an internal beauty to its outer murkiness; much like Michelangelo must have seen the beauty of an internal Angel statue when he looked at a piece of marble, then set it free.

Kristyjnh

I love looking at Labradorite, but I've found I don't really like working with it.

I wore a pendant for almost half a week before I gave it up. It made me cry at everything! I was tearing up at things I normally wouldn't have thought twice about. I cried way more that week than was normal (and it wasn't PMS). So I took the Labradorite off, and it stopped. Emotional balance once more. I thought it was just a weird reaction with me, so I place a piece under my sister's pillow without telling her, thinking it would do all that great Labradorite stuff it's supposed to do. A couple days later, my sister and I were sitting in the living room and she says aloud, "I got my period two weeks ago, why am I crying at everything?!" I looked at her and suddenly remembered the Labradorite under her pillow. I said "sorry" before running upstairs and retrieving it.

My mom and my brother are both fine with it, it's only my sis and I who get that reaction from it. My sister and I are both shove your feeling down inside and forget about them types, so my guess is that the Labradorite was bringing those feelings back up, but out of context so we wouldn't really know what we were crying about.

It's really pretty though, I love the flashes you get inside them.

Kristyjnh

In my mind's eye I saw a series of caverns inside the Labradorite wand: the first cave containd an underground beach and the beginning of a subterranean lake, the next cave was all taken up by the body of water (though there was still air space in the chamber, above the lake), while the following tunnel contained mud.

I saw very clearly that, Elementally, the Laboradorite wand is mainly a reflection of Earth (the cave) and Water (the underground Lake), with mud as the substance born of combining the two.

This vision of mud really goes along with some of the descriptions others have posted of Labradorite looking "murky" or "muted".
In defense of mud, which doesn't initially seem like a very exciting Elemental compound, when I thought of clay I immediately understood what an extremely pliable and instrumental substance it can be, used since prehistoric times for building shelter and making dishware, among other things.

Relating to my personal experience, I am a very emotional & intuitive person (Water element), but I have a difficult time manifesting my many creative drives in the Physical Plane (Earth element).
In fact, astrologically I have absolutely no planets in Earth signs -- which is why I've been working with "Earth" archetypes lately, trying to bring more grounding & manifestation into my life.
I believe, intuitively, that Labradorite can help me (and probably others) to focus on manifesting my creative gifts, through it's combination of Water & Earth element energy.

That's really interesting! I hadn't considered Labradorite's element before, but I have a piece with a lovely blue flash that looks like a pocket of ocean inside.

Looking at my family's elements, I'm Air, but my sister is Earth. My mom is Fire, and my brother is Water. My brother works well with Labradorite (and trust me, he is Water), but my sister does not. Hmmm... very interesting...

PrincessPaulina

That's really interesting! I hadn't considered Labradorite's element before, but I have a piece with a lovely blue flash that looks like a pocket of ocean inside.

Looking at my family's elements, I'm Air, but my sister is Earth. My mom is Fire, and my brother is Water. My brother works well with Labradorite (and trust me, he is Water), but my sister does not. Hmmm... very interesting...

My position on working with the Elements is more complex than simply saying that someone "is water".
People's Astrological Natal Charts are very nuanced, with the Sun, Moon & Ascendant being the "power players" (but other planets potentially being equally important, depending on their placement & aspects).
So, for example: if my Sun is in a Fire sign, my Moon in Water, and my Ascendant in Air....what Element "am" I?

Even if you were to determine by looking at my Natal Chart that I have very strong Fire energy, this doesn't necessarily mean that I need more Fire in my life -- perhaps I should temper all that Fire with Earth, extinguish some with Water, or feed it with Air?

Therefore, I prefer to direct my exploration of Crystals from the position of "what is missing from my life / what Element or Energy do I need more of?" vs. "is there an excess of any Energy / do I need to balance anything out?"

From this perspective, if your sister does have a very strong Earth influence in her chart (besides her Sun sign being in Earth), perhaps the Labradorite is too Earthy for her, its effect too grounding -- where she might need an infusion of another element, to balance out all that Earth.

Having studied Tarot, Numerology, and Astrology I eventually learned that, while we often tend to say that someone "is Fire" or "is a number 9", it is generally more useful to think in terms of someone "having lots of Fire energy" or "working with the number 9".

Back to the Labradorite: it may very well be that both you and your sister are having very emotional reactions to it, as people react differently to various stones (while personally, I find Labradorite very peaceful and soothing).
But if you don't mind me asking, have you Cleansed, Cleared or Charged that Labradorite recently?
It is also possible that there is some residual energy attached to the stone, which you & your sister are picking up on...

Kristyjnh

My position on working with the Elements is more complex than simply saying that someone "is water".
People's Astrological Natal Charts are very nuanced, with the Sun, Moon & Ascendant being the "power players" (but other planets potentially being equally important, depending on their placement & aspects).
So, for example: if my Sun is in a Fire sign, my Moon in Water, and my Ascendant in Air....what Element "am" I?

Even if you were to determine by looking at my Natal Chart that I have very strong Fire energy, this doesn't necessarily mean that I need more Fire in my life -- perhaps I should temper all that Fire with Earth, extinguish some with Water, or feed it with Air?

Therefore, I prefer to direct my exploration of Crystals from the position of "what is missing from my life / what Element or Energy do I need more of?" vs. "is there an excess of any Energy / do I need to balance anything out?"

From this perspective, if your sister does have a very strong Earth influence in her chart (besides her Sun sign being in Earth), perhaps the Labradorite is too Earthy for her, its effect too grounding -- where she might need an infusion of another element, to balance out all that Earth.

Having studied Tarot, Numerology, and Astrology I eventually learned that, while we often tend to say that someone "is Fire" or "is a number 9", it is generally more useful to think in terms of someone "having lots of Fire energy" or "working with the number 9".

Back to the Labradorite: it may very well be that both you and your sister are having very emotional reactions to it, as people react differently to various stones (while personally, I find Labradorite very peaceful and soothing).
But if you don't mind me asking, have you Cleansed, Cleared or Charged that Labradorite recently?
It is also possible that there is some residual energy attached to the stone, which you & your sister are picking up on...

Oh yeah, sorry, when I say "is" I mean their main element, or the element that they most express, their personality matches most with, or the kind of energy they exude.

I actually, before even becoming interested in Astrology, matched myself and my family to our tarot suits for my own benefit in reading. It just happened to correspond to their astrological signs when I learned more about those later. (My sis is the Page of Pents, I'm the Page of Swords - I don't think I'm quite at a queen's level yet - bro is the Knight of Cups, and Mom the Queen of Wands. We all fit so nicely with the traits of those suits.)

I did cleanse all the pieces of Labradorite I got before beginning to work with them. I didn't charge them, I wasn't sure what I wanted them to do, and was doing more of an energy meet-and-greet.

Calcifer

If I ever start tarot reading professionally again (sigh), I have a 3" carved Labradorite Owl that stands guard over my reading area - and lives in the box that I keep my public decks in. Flashy little guy when the light is right :)...

Michael

Hemera

I had a dream about a stone that looked a lot like Labradorite so I´m going to start my New Year and January wearing my Labradorite pendant and see what happens :)
I think need to re-read this long thread to see what this stone is good for. I saw in some post here that it´s good for dieters. Bingo! :D But I know it has other uses as well. [...off to read more..]

Oh, and a Happy New Year 2015 to you all :party: