Herb lore and mood enhancement

ArmidatheSaracen

Hello friends,

I hope that I have not created a board that was already in use, but I browsed and browsed and never saw anything about this exact topic.

I was looking for members of the community interested in using nature for positive and calming effects.

I bought some fresh Persian saffron a few months ago and adding it to my food and boiling it into a tea could be a very pleasant experience. I have really bad nerves and wanted to get some suggestions and maybe share some. I was researching the passion flower and am going to buy some leaves soon and see if that will help me feel more at peace. Does anyone know about good passion flower? Or have any other recommendations? I've also heard good things about oat straw too.

If I'm using the essential oil from a plant Jasmine oil is really elevating and stimulating. I also love peppermint oil, whether its the candy, the whole mint from my garden, or an oil, it helps chill me out a lot.

Hope to hear some of your home go to remedies! :)

-Armida

starsofnorth

Lemon balm in capsule form can help to calm nerves. I read you can put some of the leaves on sorbet or in tea, too. I tried the capsule form, it worked but only temporary. I find crystals work better for me.

I really like myrrh incense. Smells so sweet and nice.

Chamomile tea can also relax you.

Yes, I like peppermint anything, too. Get fresh leaves, dry them and have tea anytime you want without buying the store stuff. Good for aches and your scalp sometimes, dab some of the tea or oil on the body. (Feel that tingle!) My soap has the oil in it, and keeps my hands from drying out.

I don't know about passion flower. I think it helps with pain. Best to find out.

MsRubyRain

I have taken passionflower and it has a nice calming/relaxing effect. I got mine while I was in Brazil. I do know they have it on mountainroseherbs.com. (I hope it's okay to post links to websites) I haven't ordered it from them, but I do order teas and other things from them.

LaLaToro

Chamomile always helps me. But when my nerves are tore up its hard to get my ducks in a row long enough to make tea. Most of the time, when I'm hormonal or stressed, I'll make up a pitcher of stinging nettle and chamomile and keep it in the fride. Works like a charm.
I also use Bach's flower essence in wild rose that was made for feeling apprehensive but I find it very calming. I would recommend looking into their products.
Citrus of any kind is very stimulating in a positive way also.

headincloud

You could try valerian root for anxiety it's brilliant

celticnoodle

I'm another chamomile lover. Supposedly and I can understand this, fresh chamomile is the best--however I find very good luck with the chamomile tea bags that I buy right on the shelf at Walmart.

When I have troubles sleeping-which happens frequently, a cup of this will relax me a great deal and helps me to fall asleep easily.

I don't think I've ever heard of using peppermint oil for its calming effect, I don't think? I have used it for calming my stomach upset and to relieve other issues. Interesting this works for you in this way.

Good Luck.