Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 19 - #79

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 19
Number: 79

Symbol: IN A MUSEUM A LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME REVEALS A TRADITIONAL WISDOM.

Simone

Traditional, archaic, museum...

... and lost, forgotten knowledge.

In our world, where everything has to be new and improved ;), young, dynamic, efficient, old wisdom is so often forgotten and condamned to be moulding in a far corner of a museum.

Only to be rediscovered by lots of trial and error, and oh, what a surprise when we find out that what we just thought was a sensational new discovery has already been thought of thousands of years ago! That other great heads have been there before! That in the end nothing is new under the sun...

Maybe that's one reason why it is banned to the far corners of a museum... because rediscovering it holds so much challenge and reward! And anyway, isn't it the same as with parents' advice... you have to go and burn yourself anyway before you believe them and their experience that fire hurts!

But oh, the surprise, when we discover that we should have known it all all along, because someone already said it! (at least, with archaic volumes in a museum, the author won't be around any more to say "I told you so" ;) )

To me the symbol is a call to listen more to our elders (who, if they are wise, just smile and don't say "I told you so" *giggle*)...

MCsea

Oh gosh this is another wonderful symbol- the geological record!! the energy recorded in it, DNA records, and that ether place where its all recorded - all those records!!! recorded not only what an invidivual thinks is important - THANK THE STARS I know a lady who thinks the list of men she has loved is the most important thing in the world! its good to SEE what OTHERS value and record - and potentially we can learn - expand - grow through that..

Dr Jones - Key Word Background

J Ridder-Patrick - Part of Body - hmm have to look that up! - here we go - Laryngeal muscles

Element Lavender quartz
Discussion it is A variety of Rose Quartz. In addition to the qualities of rose quartz, this mineral has also been used to stimulate the third-eye, to promote clairsentience, clairaudience, and clairvoyance, and to further communication on the physical plane..
I FOUND some of this naturally in - near Cooktown in far north queensland and it screamed out LEMURIA to me - its a wonderful stone - naturally AND enhanced it connects with information - old new past present and yet to come but gently - when we ask..

tink27

This symbol evoked quite a response within me…especially the word tradition!

For something of great importance to be entered into a museum, its knowledge and authenticity must go through some kind of historic counsel to confirm its writings before being made public and a property of the world!

How old would this archaic volume be? If a book, its pages (animal skin, parchment, papyrus, etc.) although sealed for centuries in a vessel of some kind, would undoubtedly be dry and brittle…we could not turn its pages….its contents sealed under glass…a page revealed but perhaps the greatest teachings hidden from the ‘eyes of the viewer

I’m going a little off track here:

http://www.vigyanprasar.com/dream/apr2001/RADIOACTIVITY.htm A great historical site on the subject of radioactivity and radiocarbon dating! Although not much is said of Dr. Williard Libby, he was awarded the 1960 Nobel Prize in chemistry. Through his findings, scientists were given a dating system (Carbon 14) to reveal the age and date of bones, wood, papyri as far back as sixty thousand years!

A piece of linen taken from a Dead Sea Scroll was tested with C 14 and found to have been written between 168 B.C. and 233 B.C.

The oldest ancient teachings that we know have been seen in the mouths of caves, created and drawn by prehistoric man. Then of course we have the pyramids, and stories of old told in ancient symbols and hieroglyphs. The Book Of The Dead and the Ancient Teachings of Thoth are some the first known teachings translated into every known language in the world. Why even the geometric shapes of crop circles have many stories waitng to be told. Look even here at the Sabian Symbols and how they unlock and trigger a flood of information flowing through our bodies.

Ancient myths, scriptures, astronomy, astrology of many different cultures have been discovered throughout the world. One of the greatest sources of Greek myths have been found in the works of Homer who is said to have lived around 1000 – 800 B.C.

As you can see, this is a subject of great interest to me. Looking back at the previous two symbols, we can see that many have turned to the Orient and its teachings…..westerners see these people always having a stronger spiritual awareness. Also there are the Vedics, the Mayans, the Tibetan, Native Americans, the Aboriginals etc., ohhh I could go on and on and on…..but do you see….a common thread of events here even though our cultures are different!?

The word Tradition is tied and bound by time and strict laws of limitation…at least for me anyway. And I should talk! Recently, I answered a post regarding The Star in the Rider Waite Deck. Fulgour showed me the limitations I had set up for myself!

Fulgour said:
I think if viewed as linear the 22 Majors can tell a story that way,
moving in a straight line and following a step by step progression.

Bit I see the Majors as circular, having no exact beginning or end,
where the beginning only signals the presence of the whole series.

Wow! By seeing the Majors in a linear fashion (the rational mind) prevented me from knowing and seeing the many mysteries within The Star card….then again plotted geometrically, we have within our grasp an underlying, unexpected order (how confusing)……at one point I could feel many different interpretations screaming to be recognized….I felt I was being challenged to trust and honor the energies moving through me….to expand, understand and somehow share it with you and others!

I’m on a tangent here….sorry! But I seem to have stepped into something and I have no idea where these impulses are leading.

This large archaic volume and its traditional teachings whether written on stone, tablets or paper is a beautiful connection between symbols and words…if it were in our grasp now, we would devour it! But we must be careful not to get caught up in its glamour to forever question its motives which could keep us anchored in the past, which in turn prevents us from moving forward.

Tradition helps us understand the Order of things. As human beings we create and label things….but something’s cannot be labeled or defined. If you were to speak to an author, a writer, a musician, they would tell you they didn’t create, piece together or design their work of art. It was created first through the background of their heritage, their parents their teachers, their schooling, their friends, coupled with faith, trust and awareness. A greater power is then able to embrace all these things and weave all that they knew and didn’t know into One.

Holding on to knowledge itself, creates a prison of only seeing today through the filters of yesterday.

tink

tink27

Body part: Laryngeal Muscles

I found this at: http://www.utmb.edu/otoref/Grnds/Neuro-larynx-9804/Neuro-larynx-9804.html ....thought you might find it interesting.

The extrinsic laryngeal muscles connect the larynx to other structures of the body. These muscles act to raise, lower, stabilize, and anchor the larynx, depending upon the requirements for speech at any precise moment.

tink

Fulgour

Elven said:
Symbol: IN A MUSEUM A LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME
REVEALS A TRADITIONAL WISDOM.
My view of the Majors had its beginnings with the Missing Earth.
Air, Water, and Fire were given as attributions for three Majors,
but there was NO Earth...well that just doesn't make any sense.

Then I found out The Golden Dawn had changed all the alphabet
letter correspondences just to have a Mercury Magus [0=1, 1=2...].
The first letter is not a planet, it's Aleph (Air), the second letter is~
and so instead of 2 Beth The Moon, we get 2 Beth Mercury. Yikes!

12 letters match the 12 months ~ that is more than half of 22.
7 letters are for the 7 traditional Planets ~ it isn't clear which.
3 letters are for the 3 Elements...and yet: where is #4 Earth?

OK! Aleph is letter 1: that's clearly card 1. (Pre-Golden Dawn.)
What then is the difference? Aha! Eight & Eleven switch back!

VIII Justice became LEO when the Golden Dawn switched things,
and XI Strength became LIBRA...so they changed those around.

Back, back, back to the basics. But still it seemed no closer to
finding the Missing Earth 'til I stumbled on Planetary Exaltations.

By this time I had arranged the planets with the corresponding
cards in a very straightforward way: I looked out my window.
According to their nearest distance to the Earth, the planets
appear like this ~ here given with the Major Arcana card
that matches in the order of the Alphabet:

Moon 2 (exalted in Taurus 6)
Venus 3 (exalted in Pisces 19)
Mars 4 (exalted in Capricorn 16)
Mercury 11 (exalted in Virgo 10)
Sun 17 (exalted in Aries 5)
Jupiter 20 (exalted in Cancer 8)
Saturn 22 [0] (exalted in Libra 12)

That seemed like a big problem, until I studied how they would
'fit' that way, and they do. This was all done on my own and
I was very interested, so the work was fun in a way, but work.

"Earth" it seems is represented by the Exaltation of the Moon
in Taurus. Hooray for The High Priestess! I try to explain it here:

Aeclectic Tarot Forum: The Exaltation Tarot
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46290

And here's a diagram I made to show where I put things...
including "Earth" because The Moon is the only fixed sign
exaltation (in Taurus: Earth) and the other three fixed signs
are ~ Air, Water, and Fire. I found an answer to my question,
and really, one good question is worth 1000 answers... ;)

Attachments

• EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    EXALTarotZodiac115b.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 322

Fulgour

1 - 13 - 21

The thing about Aleph is, it's part of a Triadic Unity:
Aleph-Mem-Shin (Air-Water-Fire) are insepperable...
so when Aleph appears, you automatically also have
Mem and Shin (The Magician, Death, and The World).

It's like Aleph says "All rise!" and The Moon appears.
Letter 2 Beth is The Moon, and She she enters with
magesty... I sometimes think of Aleph-Mem-Shin as
the specifications Wide Deep & High forming a Box...

All draftesman know W x D x H give the basic specs
for the size or outline of an object. The object here
is the Earth~ which concludes my story. :) Thanks!

tink27

Wow! Fulgour,

When I first started reading your post, my first thoughts were I can’t possibly anything about this topic. Then my mind said ‘oh an alchemist peering intensely into the materials that make up this world – images and elements coupled with the dynamics of human life! I saw Shakespeare and his theater with its many stories and backgrounds, filled with colors, shapes, geometric designs, a hero of course, a beginning, a middle and an end….earth’s rhythm…a rising and setting sun.

THEN, I read your attached post (actually still reading……so much to absorb!)

What venicebard said here….my inner voice says yes!

venicebard said:
Oh I see what might be happening. The Mercury-ruled form or virgo is internalized (to scorpio), which draws down into virgo the vivifying effect of taurus’s exaltation of luna: this evokes an answer from within, the descent of Saturn’s rulership of aquarius (next sign on from self, i.e. what remains to be learned) into sagittary (thought). (This last echoes the ‘descent’ which defines the divine throne as a throne, which suggestion causes me even greater hope for this model’s efficacy.)

I must reflect on this more, although intuitively I have an understanding….but what I’m feeling is profound…it takes one to the core of their Being and from this core (one’s own internal truth) is a fury of memories….when a word, a thought is spoken that resonates to a cellular memory/memories of one’s bodies, it triggers a response. Our intuition then leads us to the answer...as long as we stay within this still-point we will remember what is already known….as long as our reasoning mind doesn't kick in.

tink

tink27

Fulgour said:

It's like Aleph says "All rise!" and The Moon appears.
Letter 2 Beth is The Moon, and She she enters with
magesty... I sometimes think of Aleph-Mem-Shin as
the specifications Wide Deep & High forming a Box...

All draftesman know W x D x H give the basic specs
for the size or outline of an object. The object here
is the Earth~ which concludes my story. :) Thanks!

Now you have triggered my scientific and physics mind! A theory first created by a scientist named Lovelock who proposed the Gaia hypothesis. It proposes that all living things and the chemical and physical environment in which they live, work together like the parts of one vast organism. A symbiotic union is the 'driving force' behind evolution.

Rise and Awake...the Law of Thelema....before anything comes into existence there is only the female...the wave.

Fulgour, you have me questioning more of the Sabian symbols and how they react with one another (tensions, opposites, and the 5 pointed star...Elven posted these when she had time) I wonder if I search if I will find these here or perhaps those carrying this knowledge will come forward and share their expertise....interesting....

tink

tink27

Fulgour said:

Thanks!

Answering this in relation to this Sabian Symbol and to Fulgour's post, I'm understanding more of the Aleph-Mem-Shin....and I won't forget Gaia, the Earth.

Aleph is spirit/consciousness, sheen is the wave and mem fires it back to aleph completing the circuit. If we allow this circuit to flow through the soil and stone of the earth, we activate knowledge, energies and ancient civilizations. And...since we too are made of the earth, this energy flows through us (tree of life), down into the earth and back up again...again completing the circuit (as above, so below). Our challeng is to vocally translate this data that flows up through our DNA and awakens our chakras.

tink