Druidcraft: The Lovers as a Person

siren85

hi. I've read before about what the traditional (RWS) Lovers card could mean when signifying a person... but how would you view the Lovers as a person when using the Druidcraft? The image is quite different from the Rider-Waite image... its basically two people making love (the god and goddess), versus the traditional image of a man and woman with an angel overhead. (I tried to find a link for those who haven't seen it; hope it works: http://druidcraft-tarot.druidry.org/majorarcana.html)

So, would others tend to view this person as sexual or sexy? It's pretty hard not to see 'sex' or 'love' when you look at this card lol. flirty perhaps? Or maybe someone who is whole... an integration of female and male aspects. I don't know, do you have any ideas? :heart:

GreenMoonBeam

Ermm, pulse races. Past flirty I say. And for a change I will not ask if there were
other cards.

GB!:):

ps the link worked.

siren85

I always get the Lovers (sometimes surrounded by the Chariot) representing a particular girl, and also in particular as how others view her. past flirty? lol. you mean.... like, sluttish? Idk.

Sulis

I've never read The Lovers card in any deck as a person. I see it as a card of the unification of opposites, a choice involving the heart or love and the responsibilities that come with love.
I see it as a card about finding that which completes you.

The DruidCraft card shows the Great Marriage.. The female representing The Goddess and the male representing the God. Their union ensures the fertility of the land... I don't see how you would read this card as a person and I don't see how you could see 'sluttish' either, or flirty for that matter.

Edited to add: Here's a thread on this card in The DruidCraft forum that you may find interesting: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1132788

balenciaga

Sulis said:
I see it as a card about finding that which completes you.

Yes, and this can be anything - something creative; something that makes you feel what it is you are doing is worthwhile and enjoyable; a thing that you can throw yourself into, immerse yourself, because you 'love' it so much.

P.S. Lovers, maybe as a description of a person's personality, etc., but I do not read it as a person either.

siren85

I know, thats why I've been having a hard time with it... I can pretty much read it as feelings or actions, but as far as representing a person (or how others view someone) I don't really know.

I just kind of took what greenbean said ('past flirty') as possbily being sluttish lol. my bad.

balenciaga

siren85 said:
but as far as representing a person (or how others view someone)

oh, ok, duh, I am dumb today:) Ok, I would say Lovers as 'how someone views someone': a person who is extraordinary to look at; someone very creative, very artistic - creates beauty; someone very easy to get along with - 6 as cooperative, etc. Nothing bad here at all.

PS I always have difficulty reading this card negatively:)

Thirteen

siren85 said:
So, would others tend to view this person as sexual or sexy? It's pretty hard not to see 'sex' or 'love' when you look at this card
The card, and yes, it's image, is about a united whole. When a priest and priestess have sex in order to represent the God and Goddess, their physical union on Earth is also a spiritual union. A psychic union, a magical union. Sex isn't, in this case, to be viewed as flirty, sexy, physical. It's to be viewed as representing that moment when the incomplete God and incomplete Goddess found each other and, in making love, were united and made complete.

Any animal can have sex for pleasure or procreation. But human beings, gazing at each other during sex, need to also have a connection of the mind, Love if you will, to carry that sex beyond animal enjoyment into something sublime and spiritual.

How do people see this person? Perhaps as someone who is together and whole and seems to be missing nothing. Perhaps as able to be both sides, yin or yang as required. Likely this is a person who makes connections very well, connections with people, connections between things. I'd say that they are far more than "flirty." When you look at them, you feel that they can connect with you, understand you, see into your soul and give you what you need. Because there, inside of them, is a mind that can find and provide you with whatever you need. And it is the mind, not the body, that is the most sexy thing about them.

siren85

oh, wow. thank you Thirteen! :heart: :heart: someone who is together, whole, and can deeply connect with others... that is really good. :)

siren85

:heart: balenciaga. someone creative, beautiful, and easy to get along with.... I would consider the girl attractive in general, yes.