Oracle X

PsychicLord

I hope those folk who now have their Oracle-X decks in their eager hands are enjoying getting to know the tool (no matter whether it is a review or purchased copy).

It has been just five days since they have become available, and already 10% of the initial print run has been sold (that does not include review and promotional copies). For those who have ordered via Amazon, their pre-orders have been dispatched to their supplier.

Those looking to purchase via retail outlets in the West Sussex, bad weather in this neck of the woods meant that the local Post Office closed early, consequently that consignment did not get posted today as planned. I shall endevour to dispatch it to those retail outlets as soon as possible.

There will be courses offered for beginners in Derbyshire UK, our instructor is currently getting familiar with Oracle-X. I will be also giving him some training sessions to ensure he is 'up to speed' with the concept, and totally 'in tune' with the cards. Although he has been keenly watching the project develop over the last year or two.... so he is no stranger to the tool.

I am also looking at the possibilty of running some 'webinar' events for those wishing more information.

Our website is expected to be open before Friday with a few more last minute checks to ensure everything looks okay and that the 'user experience' is smooth and intuitive.

I will keep you all updated.

misfitknits

hmm, i have never seen this oracle before. the name, oracle X, makes it sound somewhat futuristic- i was expecting aliens or something!! :D but the artwork is *so* beautiful!! i love it! i'm not *too* fond of the card backs, prefering something ambiguous and reversible, but this is not such a big deal, and i can get over it! ;)

i'm *so* looking forward to hearing how this deck reads, and your other opinions about it!! and i fear this is another oracle that will creep onto my wish list!!!

oh- i also can't wait until the oracle-X website opens up!!

ETA: CRAP!!! this is already listed as out of print and unavailable at the us amazon (regular amazon.com) AND temporarily out of stock on amazon.uk!!! oh, i may never get my hands on this- with my limited funds no telling when i would be able to order it!!!

silverwings94

Hi PL,
I haven't received the deck as of today. I do understand that it is coming from the UK and has to cross the huge pond to get to the US. I am so looking forward to working with it and seeing how the cards look, feel and work.
Namaste,
Kat

P.S. Thans GC for posting pictures of the cards and deck box they look beautiful . I can't wait till they get here in the US so that I can strt working with them and reviewing them too.
Kat

Guiding Cauldron

Thanks for letting us know PL; I realy want to write more about my initial reactions to the cards and what thought processes I had so far but I am running on low energy at the moment and want to get that back up with a clear head before I proceed with my review.

PsychicLord

I have used the Air Mail 'Small Packet Rate' to dispatch Oracle-X from the UK to far away destinations. I am not expert on 'speed of transit', but hopefully that information will give you some clue as to possible arrival time for your country.

'misfitkits': if Amazon are continue to be 'goofy', the Oracle-X webstore opens in a couple of days...... unlike Amazon we do have to charge P&P, but since the Air Mail Small Packet rate is not too disimilar to UK First Class, any orders from non-UK Aeclectric members, I would exceptionally offer the same rate of P&P (as UK) to anywhere in the world (i.e. £3.00).

Bad weather continues in Derbyshire, with some 20" of snow outside my home.... still snowing now! Oh well gives me time for my next project......

misfitknits

oh, good to know!! thanks a lot for telling us, AND offering AT members a deal on the P&P! :)

i can't wait for the website to open up!!! GAAHHH!! i'm pulling my hair out i wanna get in there so bad!! :p

ETA: if the first printing sells out, will there be subsequent printings?

oh, and a question open to any of the reviewers of this deck, or anyone who has purchased it: just to satiate my own curiosity; what does the glue card mean?!?! lol!! it's killing me! ;) and if there are no specified meanings, what does it mean to YOU?

Golden Moon

36 cards, kinda like the Lenormand... :D I'm starting to want it.

Naneki

I love the images on these cards; so I'm hoping to order them soon! Thanks for the heads up on this deck!

PsychicLord

In answer to your question, Oracle-X is planned to always be available. Once stock goes down to 20%, another reprint will be arranged in advance to ensure stocks do not run out.

Turning to the question about the 'Glue' card.

Oracle-X is designed to be both non-prescriptive, and customisable. Seven secondary 'keywords' are supplied for this card:

stick over
temporary
fix
hold together
short term
attached
join

The instruction leaflet contains an additional 'space', for the decks owner to customise the card by adding their own interpretion.... i.e. so whatever 'glue' intuitively means for an owner, he/she adds that meaning to the above seven.

Oracle-X is designed to assist each owner in accessing their own intuition on whatever level/dimension they feel comfortable with. Naturally when using a spread, the adjoining cards will influence the card you are focusing on.

Examples of situations that could be indicated by the 'glue' card include:

portraying a 'clingly' individual
a relationship held together by habit
a relationship/friendship needing some TLC to bring it back on track
an issue that needs to be repaired
a very strong positive relationship
a recent 'slip up' that needs to be addressed
the need to focus on an issue that has been allowed to fall into disrepair
a short term solution to allow another situtaion to move forward
a recent 'fix' may not hold, or will only hold short term
a recent fix succeeded

Oracle-X is about the moment (of the reading), about the owners intuition, about drawing on that intuition rather than reading a page of text of my personal interpretation. This is your tool!

Once you have a copy, you use it the way you feel suits you...... then to grow that intuition with your deck, developing a finer resolution of tuning and sensing ability.

I guess more detail about the cards should appear under the study group.

PsychicLord

For those who have been patiently waiting, the Oracle-X website has finally opened.

On here [hopefully] you should find answers to all your questions!