Druidcraft study group: General discussion / Questions

Le Chat

Tarot Card Size

I have been working with the DruidCraft Tarot for several weeks. The size at first was extremely awkward for me; I have very small hands. But I found that after maybe 20 shuffles the cards became more pliable. I've adjusted to this larger size, so it can be done.

The artwork is wonderful; I would hope the size doesn't keep you from working with the cards.

WalesWoman

Dugan said:
I simply want to know what the card size is for the DruidCraft Tarot cards. Can anyone tell me?

Scroll up to the 2nd or 3rd post...
:
Originally Posted by starsongs
they measure 3 5/8 X 5 1/2 inches..they are large, but the artwork is so lovely that I love them this size...

Not really that much larger than other decks...but the larger size really makes all the difference for viewing the art work. Don't let the size get to you.

Mystic Leo

I have only bought my Druid Craft Tarot today, haven't had much of a chance to rrreallyy look at them as yet...but I am so excited about them.

As everyone has been saying they are quite large, though i think its just a matter of getting used to the larger size. BUt so easy to see the detail.

Ravenswing

Queen of Cups

Hi all--

The Queen of Cups is a crucial card for me. And this one is simply marvelous. As other people have noted, the King and Queen of Cups pair up as part of one common scene.

I am simply enthralled with the Queen-- did you notice, she's the only Court card not on a throne? I get the feeling that she doesn't quite touch ground...

Incredible and lovely.

I'm gonna love this deck. I've joined those who have put away all other decks...

fly well
Raven

coyoteblack

having a hard time with the lovers

I always thoght of the lovers as choice's or bonding with someone or something thing, or a principle.
But in the druid craft it seems so much deeper.

There is almost a fool’s quality about this card because of the open trust to just lie in the glade. But obviously not the innocence of the fool.

I get the feeling with the deer watching(gentleness) that this is a sweet union of 2 something’s that were meant together but just found one another.

Le Chat

The Stories

What I love the most about DruidCraft are the stories in each card. I have yet to interpret the same way twice on any card. I have an imagination few people want, but the cards really do encourage me.

Hemera

I´m a trimmer of cards so I am planning to trim the white edges off my Druidcraft :D I have just ordered my deck yesterday from amazon. I´ll have to order another copy if I decide to trim the deck (-I do not want to trim my only copy, I want a non-trimmed back-up) But from the pictures I´ve seen and from you guys saying how big the cards are I think trimming will be a perfect idea for this deck.

Hemera

Does anybody want to take the Magician?
I´d like to take a female major. (And some card that comes a bit later as we´re soon travelling abroad for a week)

Sedi

I contacted the Order of Druids a couple of weeks ago to ask if they were planning any other (smaller) size. They said there were no plans to do so.

Les.

Hemera

oh that´s a pity...
I asked them if it would be possible to buy a 2nd deck *without* the book, but no..one has to buy the whole set (deck+book) every time :(