Druidcraft study group: General discussion / Questions

LixiPixi

coyoteblack said:
I always thoght of the lovers as choice's or bonding with someone or something thing, or a principle.
But in the druid craft it seems so much deeper.

There is almost a fool’s quality about this card because of the open trust to just lie in the glade. But obviously not the innocence of the fool.

I get the feeling with the deer watching(gentleness) that this is a sweet union of 2 something’s that were meant together but just found one another.

I look at this card as a couple that doesn't have approval to be together - something like Romeo and Juliet. They need to sneak off into hiding to be together - thus gettin' freaky in the glade :D That deer in the background looks like the Devil or even makes me think of the Horned One in the Llewellyn Welsh story. Regardless of his description in the DruidCraft book, I just can't see him on a pleasant note. He looks like the angry parent who's just caught his child going against his wishes and they're in for a startling fright once he makes his presence known.

LP~

AJ

I'm about to have a hemmorage...
I sat in a different spot today (different lighting) to do my studies, and when I fanned the DruidCraft imagine my horror to realize the backs are 3 different colors.

With a little experimentation I know now that I can pull majors (dark) courts (medium) minors (light) just by looking at the backs.
Guess this will be a pull 'em from under the spread cloth deck from now on.

Must have something to do with the print runs but I'm really disappointed.

Mi-Shell

AuthenticJoy said:
I'm about to have a hemmorage...
I sat in a different spot today (different lighting) to do my studies, and when I fanned the DruidCraft imagine my horror to realize the backs are 3 different colors.

With a little experimentation I know now that I can pull majors (dark) courts (medium) minors (light) just by looking at the backs.
Guess this will be a pull 'em from under the spread cloth deck from now on.

Must have something to do with the print runs but I'm really disappointed.

I think you got the same print run, than me!
= same here! I think that is the reason I only paid $ 14 Can for my brand new set!

I however pay no heed to the slight colour differeices because I do not wish to "out-trick " myself and choose a card/ cards that "speak" (take me!!)
Just think.... maybe this missprint is rare and therefor our decks are special!!!
MI-Shell

LixiPixi

Mine have a slight color variation, too, but no matter how many times I've tried to put them together, I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to it. Sounds like you have a unique deck! You could always go back to the original lighting before you noticed the color variations, that way you wouldn't have to pull from under the cloth :)

LP~

sapienza

The backs of my deck are also in several different shades of brown. I haven't even looked to see if they match up the way yours do or if there is a pattern because I just don't want to know.

I wonder if anyone has a deck with uniform back colours or not???

Bat Chicken

The saturation of the browns as well as the lightness are different on my deck as well. I don't plan on looking for a pattern either - but on a quick glance - the backs of my majors are not consistent anyway...

I know there was an earlier edition released in the U.K. that had it's own problems, but they were primarily with the main images. I could care less about the backs - it's the fronts that matter to me! :)

MysticalMoose

I just got the Druidcraft deck yesterday & am totally in love! I thought & thought about getting it for weeks & a couple of times thought "no its not for me" & then while in a bookshop yesterday bought it anyway & Wow I think this is going to be "the" deck for me...Ive done several readings over the past 24 hours & I have been gobsmacked at the cards that popped out to specific questions ....also all my backs are the same colour....as far as I can see anyway :D

MM x

wytchwood

Hello,

there doesn't seem to be a place to check into this group (!) so I'll invite myself here if that's ok, and if you'll have me!

I have just got the DruidCraft and have to say it is really excellent. I've posted in other threads all the reasons I love it, so I won't repeat myself here, just wanted to say hello, and how much I'm looking forward to studying it with others here.

Zoe

6 Haunted Days

I had a nice surprise to day (don't you love those?) when my friend invited me out for lunch (I've been holed up for wks.) and said she had a present....

Well it turned out to be the DruidCraft! I had this deck awhile ago, looked through it once and wasn't blown away or anything (the cards are so dang huge!)then put it away, and a trade oppurtunity came up so I ended up trading it. I am thinking since it worked it's way back into my life as a gift I should give it more of a chance this time! I am going to start the book today (I never even cracked it open before) and spend some with the images. There is more power and beauty here than I thought the 1st time. I don't think it was the images themselves that made me not connect before, it was more the crappy cheap cardstock and their size. They could have easily dispensed with the white part, why do publishers do that?? Waste of paper and annoying to most Tarot lovers.

This group seems very active, so just wanted to pop in and say hey~ :)

Miss 6

tarot4fun

Love my DruidCraft~

So glad to see others currently posting in the older threads, and creating new ones in this study group.

I've been depending on these threads while learning the DruidCraft ~ it's all SO interesting~ :)

Blessings~
Suz :heart: