DruidCraft Rebirth

coyoteblack

Hello All

This is one of those deeply spiritual card I need to feel and cant really peg down to a specific meaning. It seem like this is the point after death removes the mask and you realize we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

But there is much more to the card then that I just cant peg it down .

Horace

I sometimes feel like I'm coaxing the child to come out. come on, it's OK, you've got the whole World in front of you. But the Rebirth child is a child and not a baby. Rebirth is change, but I think it's change by choice. So I was wondering if he hesitates because he's been at this doorway before with a little knowledge of life.? (not to mention the guy blaring the trumpet in his left ear!) I like the Rebirth card for 'heralding a new beginning.' Hh

coyoteblack

First Impressions.
The boy must be like 5 or more he seems to be waiting for the " call" so he can embrace the world. the hare is a alchemical sign for the spirit guide that guides you into the otherworld. The swirls( for lack of a better word) and lemenscate seem to represent eternity. the person on the side i think represent the higher calling.

Number and Element
20 -- enumerates down to 2 this card is about duality living in this world but understanding that there is a higher call or at least a spirit side of things.
This card also relates to the high priestess and her secrets of the " other side"

Fire- in Qabalah fire is the most spiritual element and also this card represent fire on the tree of life( fool representing Air and hanged man representing water) this is a highly spiritual card

Bringing it all together.
This is the end of of one cycle and the beginning of another( 2*10) with fire and all the symbols of eternity plus the hare I take this card to mean a spiritual journey . With fire and the nae of the card it is also means initiation into a spiritual practice or " borne again: this is also like baptism or the shaman practice of dieing and being reborn.
Also I tend to think of my self as the things I have or what I do or even the people I know . In the end we are spiritual beings having a human experience.
This card is like the Moon card and it not to be pegged down into one definition but it is a deep spiritual concept.

Good , Bad, and the Indifferent.

Good: Creativity . spiritual calling , reborn into a " new you"
Bad: Not acknowledging the " inner child" refusing to believe in a higher power
Indifferent: removing masks

PS: there is so much more to this card then meets the eye but it is real hard to describe.

Disa

Isn't this the one often being called Judgment? I don't resonate at all with the concept that we are being judged for our "sins" when we die, but rather we are here to learn lessons and we will come back again if we don't (or if there are other lessons we chose to learn in the next life) so for me, the rebirth card is about having learned some lessons, and now coming out of the darkness and seeing the light. It wasn't so bad after all, we've got a new perspective.

Disa

tarotlyn

Another (very basic) meaning, aside from the spiritual, is a "call to action" ... it is time to
go forward and do it!!!

Reversed: You are "ignoring" a call to take action with something or someone. :)

coyoteblack

I think Rebirth is such a better name for this card then Judgment. I love the symbolic. Not sure what the plants stand for in the foreground.

Call to action is a meaning I never gave to this card before but I think I will use it now.

Disa

I agree that rebirth is a much better name than judgement- One of the reasons I love the Druidcraft is- it replaces all the names I didn't like, Hierophant, Judgement, etc. with names that I could relate to better.

fyreflye

If you understand that the child on the Rebirth card is Mabon ap Modron, born on the Summer Solstice (as pictured on the Sun card,) stolen from his mother the Great Mother Goddess Modron a few days after his birth, hidden Underground, and returned to the world on Yule, the Winter Solstice, you will understand much about this card. Today marks the Autumn Equinox and the period halfway through his captivity, and is celebrated as the Wiccan and pagan festival of Mabon http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art35203.asp

Happy Mabon to all :D

coyoteblack

Wow that makes this card more " fun" to understand. Thank you all!