Thinking about getting, questions, though

marigold's

Hi,

I've been looking through Druidcraft's images at: http://tarotstudies2.50webs.com/druid_craft_deck.shtml I like about 1/3 of the cards (and really like about 1/5). Is there another druid/wicca deck that's more consistantly pretty? Also, is it true that the color on the backs vary greatly, enough to discern majors from minors? Also, I haven't really studied this mythology/faith, would I need to get a book (other than the one that comes with the kit) to help me understand the myths in-depth?

I'm lost in the christian symbolism of trad. RWS, and while Druidcraft feels a bit more intuitive/organic but I'm still not versed in the faith and I just wanted to hear from some of you who use it and love it--just to find out why you like it so well, etc.

Thank You

PS I just don't want to get caught up in only buying/collecting RWS decks. I'm trying to go for different decks, uniquely different perspectives.

Disa

Hello, we have a few things in common it seems. I could never relate to the Christian principles or symbolism in the RWS either. I had not been a person who studdied Wicca/Druidry before, but pagan principles seem to ring true for me. The book that comes with it is one of the best, I feel. It may lead you to read more on Wicca/Druidry but it may not be necessary.

I think one of the best things about the book is the way they make the Courts seem human and easily accessible.

As far as the backs go, I don't notice any difference in the color. If it's there, it's subtle. I just don't pay much attention to backs anyway.

I haven't found a Wicca or Druid Deck I like better, though there are others- I think there are Wiccan ones, and Druid ones, but maybe not both together.

The Druidcraft is my favorite deck.

Although it isn't tarot, I would also recommend The Well Worn Path and the Hidden Path Oracle decks. They are consistantly beautiful, in my opinion and the books give more insight into the pagan principles as well. The decks are sold separately, but can be combined to make one uniform deck- the backs are the same for both decks.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck on your quest.

Disa

coyoteblack

I had issues with christian symbols as well. I don't believe in a devil and the some of the cards I just did not like

The druidcraft is a very lovely deck i think it looks better when it is in your hands though. The backs of the decks do have some variations but you cant tell the difference between majors and minors.

Also the DC is now my favorite deck i have been looking for over a year for a " second " deck and have not been ale to find one.

Celestina

I've found other decks that I like, but the Druidcraft is by far my favorite. I find it to be a very intuitive to read. However, as you can read in this study group, it is a deck rich with symbolism. There is always something new to find. It's also stunningly beautiful. There are a few cards that are not my favorite, but most of them are wonderful.

Neely75

I'm yet another who wasn't comfortable with the Christian symbolism of the RWS. I just can't use them, for that and the fact that I don't like the artwork at all.

The Druidcraft has really opened my eyes though. Even the cards that I don't find so beautiful, I still feel attached to. I'm just a learner, but I'm finding I'm getting good, solid readings using them.

I found that I love the images more once I had them in my hand as well. I don't notice the colour difference in the backs. There is a slight difference, but not enough to tell them apart.

I don't come from a Pagan background either. But I do feel really connected with the Celtic way of life. I still don't remember all the myths involved, but it's not affecting my readings. There is so much symbology in the cards, I find my way quite easily most of the time.

I agree with Disa, the book is great, and I've gained so much more information and insight from the study group too.