Do you wear a crystal pendant and if so, which one/s?

darling

Do you have crystal pendants or crystal jewellery? Did you choose the gemstone specifically for its uses, or did you choose the one that looked or felt right?

Are there any crystals that you feel have a positive or negative effect on you, when worn as jewellery?

I have a Hematite bracelet which I sometimes don't want to wear. I also have a few pieces of Tiger's Eye jewellery which I am always in the mood for.

Mellaenn

Hi, darling, welcome to AT!

I have a couple of crystal pendants. One is a big blue calcedony and another is an aqua aura. I chose the calcedony because it was beautiful and because I like to wear a blue stone to resonate with my throat chakra when I do readings for people. The aqua aura I just fell in love with. :)

I used to have a rose quartz pendant for heart energy but I gave it away to a good friend. :)

Apollonia

I always wear a Nuummite pendant during my waking hours. It is heart shaped, and I wear it for its ability to ground me and protect me from energetic intrusions. I love it!

Prior to the Nuummite, I wore a Rutilated Quartz pendant, and sometimes a Tourmalinated Quartz or Prehnite, for the same purpose, to keep my aura strong and protect my energy. They all worked for me, but I feel the Nuummite is in a class by itself; in fact, I just read something about it that described it as "fiercely protective" and I do feel that about it.

I think I got them all from various dealers on ebay; I knew what crystals I wanted and just looked at the descriptions and let my pendulum choose for me.

starchaser1277

I always wear a labradorite pendant on a long chain and a larimer pendant on a short chain around my neck. I like how I feel wearing the two stones together, I feel they complement me. I bought the labradorite because it called to me, most of the crystal I buy is because when I hold them I get a charge from them, like I can feel their energy. But the larimer I bought at the suggestion of my shah man's spirit guide, his guide stated it would relax me and help with verbal articulation (which at the time I was having difficulty with communication with my coworkers so it was useful to me)
Also I keep a pouch with various crystals (depending on which energy I feel would be useful during the day) in my pocket at work. Though my combo varies from week to week, I always keep a Smokey quartz on me at all times to deflect negativity.
I can not wear hematite, I'm not sure why but its just too much for me when I wear it. :)

Disa

I mostly wear various crystal earrings that I made.

I do have a pendant I made out of moonstone chips which I wear when I'm feeling as though I need a little confidence or reassurance. I'm not sure why I feel better wearing moonstone, but I made earrings and a matching pendant and then realized when I saw your post that I seem to wear them on days when I'm feeling vulnerable, for whatever reason.

This is a good question, interesting responses. Thanks

pickled pixie

I wear a Moldavite pendant, I find it very protective but also gives me heaps of confidence! I took it off to wear a topaz pendant the other day! I lasted about 3 days before I put the moldavite back on as I felt different without it...back to my shy and anxiety ridden self I was before getting the moldavite pendant.

PrincessPaulina

I have a clear Quartz pendant which I wear all the time, in addition to a deerskin neck pouch -- I usually put whatever crystal I feel is right into the pouch, lately it has been Labradorite.

I also have a Malachite pendant, gifted to me by a friend who vacationed in Peru.

There's also an Ametrine pendant, which another friend brought back from India.

Then, I have some "fancy" pendants:
- 2 faceted Aquamarines (1 in Silver setting, the other in Rose Gold)
- Amethyst in Rose Gold
- Watermelon Tourmaline in Platinum
- Citrine in Silver

Obviously, I love both stones & jewelry :)

Briar Rose

My favorites;

a ruby flower burst pendant (bought pendant, strung beads) that I bought before the price hike in 2008.

Also, I have a Antique Shiva pendant I love

and several points too.

My favorite is an odd piece I made over the summer for strength. I'll post that picture later.

darling

Oh, this is fascinating. Thanks for the responses. I'm going to research the crystals mentioned as I'm only just getting into finding out about their healing and protective properties.

Hi Mellaenn, thanks for the welcome! I really like the idea of a blue stone for the throat chakra when doing readings... very interesting.

Apollonia, thank you. I could really do with a gemstone to ground and protect me as well.

I've been craving Moonstone recently, and I'm feeling a little vulnerable as well. Interesting.

I'd love to see the picture, Briar Rose.

MandMaud

I was advised to wear black tourmaline, for its effects of protection without aggression, and wore it all the time (sometimes even overnight) for months. Since my ex moved out I find I don't need it much. (I grab it if I have to make a complaint on the phone or something.) My young-teen son has been throwing a lot of Mars energy around lately, so I tried the tourmaline again and for a bit it helped - differently from before, though; it was helping me keep my temper rather than keeping me safe (= keeping him safe from me, perhaps?) - but in recent weeks I don't want it near me most days, and I'm wondering what I need instead.

I used to wear a haematite bracelet, but while it's grounding it can bring you down too much and lead to depression, so I'm careful with it nowadays. There's only so much realistic thinking a girl can take...

I have a lovely mookaite pendant which I wear when my mind feels foggy and I want more clarity. In an identical setting (I forget the word for the bit that holds the stone), I have carnelian - which is good for energy sometimes, but on really weak days, it overwhelms me. On those days I wear it for maybe half an hour and "keep my eye on" how I feel; when it gets too much I stop having more energy and start having more aches.

I am very, very drawn to lapis lazuli and have a tiny piece as part of a pendant with something else (something clear, I forget the name), can't afford a large piece.

I have other stones, mainly given or happened upon (charity shops etc), and at the moment the one I keep wanting to be near is ruby zoisite.

If you mean specifically while reading the cards - no! :)

I tend to research first (got a hand-me-down Crystal Bible when the owner got the new edition) and then wait, often for weeks, to "hear" whether to get a crystal - too easy to get carried away and want everything, in the enthusiasm of researching. ;) As I take more interest, I'm finding I get the "feel" of a crystal more than I did - never used to pick up anything from them even though I always have done from wood and from worked stone, I mean in old buildings etc (and standing stones), and from some places.

spiritwalkercrystals.com is a great store - the stones from there arrive clean and happy.
I like healing-crystals-for-you.com for information, though its search facility isn't much use so I use Google search-within-site instead (enter search term and site:website.com)
crystal-healing.org.uk has a much longer list of crystals but less info on each.

I have trouble getting to the shops so most of my buying is online, and I've had luck on eBay as well.
In Bourton-on-the-Water (UK) there's a gorgeous little shop, very willing to chat once they see you're knowledgeable. I'm sure Glastonbury has great shops too but I don't know them.