Crystals for sleep and a quiet mind?

Labhraín

Mangano Calcite, Blue Lace Agate, Celestite

I kept getting a weird gut feeling when reading your posts that the black tourmaline may be part of the problem... it is grounding and protective, yes, but it is a vibrant, oober-energy stone, with an age old reputation for visioning etc, so I think both its high energy and its vision enabling tendencies might cause you sleep time grief...

I'd still be looking at the gentler stones, like mangano calcite and blue-lace agate, but, reading more into what's happening for you, most specifically I'd try Celestite!!! :)

Blessings to you...

Would Black Tourmaline have those effects just by being in the room with me, i.e., i'm not actually wearing the stone?

I'll have a second look at the stones you just mentioned. In looking up Celestite, according to "The Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall, it says that, among other things, it's used for dream recall, which I don't want. Other than that, it sounds like a fantastic stone and for more than just a good night's rest - it seems to have a lot of other properties that I need as well. Could I still use Celestite, despite the dream facet of it's uses?

linnie

Would Black Tourmaline have those effects just by being in the room with me, i.e., i'm not actually wearing the stone?

I'll have a second look at the stones you just mentioned. In looking up Celestite, according to "The Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall, it says that, among other things, it's used for dream recall, which I don't want. Other than that, it sounds like a fantastic stone and for more than just a good night's rest - it seems to have a lot of other properties that I need as well. Could I still use Celestite, despite the dream facet of it's uses?
Black tourmaline is pretty potent stuff, for me, anyway... Maybe it wouldn't affect you with its big energy, but as your sleep disturbance is already an issue, its possible... I've read that as well as it reversing negative impacts of emr, tourmaline also gives off its own electricity... maybe that's what I'm picking up on, as I don't like having anything electrical near me when I sleep...

What I've read about Celestite does mention dreaming, but more the angelic and gentle type, rather than nightmares or unsettling dreams that would further upset your sleep cycle...

I'm not an expert... I use crystals to help with gentle healing modalities to help smooth a ruffled psyche, and that's pretty much it. I'm basing my suggestions on how various stones impact myself, and celestite is very, very gentle... if you do dream, I'd expect gentle, soothing dreams! :) I would never, ever presume to contradict Judy hall, though... She is awesome, so perhaps my take on celestite is just looking at one of its diverse aspects...

Labhraín

Nope, still dreaming vividly. I really don't know what would work for dream stifling. Maybe shielding the 3rd eye chakra? What's the best stone for shielding?

Any updates on what's good for dream stifling Kristyjnh? Did you find anything new?