Dr Strange Tree of Life Spread

Lleminawc

This was prompted by the Batman spread that was posted recently: Doc Strange has been my comic-book icon since my teens.

CAVEAT: although the spread started arranging itself in a familiar geometry as I worked out the positions, the meanings are only an approximation to the traditional Sephirot, sometimes quite distant (unrecognisable, even). The main goal was to find a place for the major players in the Strange universe.

It's sheer coincidence (if there are such things) that it comes shortly after another poster's interpretation of the Tree of Life.

The spread is designed for people facing a major decision point in their lives, as Stephen Strange was when he had to abandon his career as a surgeon following severe injuries to his hands.

So here goes. Lay out the cards face-down like so:

-----1-----
--3-----2--
-----11----
--5-----4--
-----6-----
--8-----7--
-----9-----
----10-----

and read them one at a time from 10 to 1, then 11:

10. Stephen Strange, physician. Where you are now, what you may have to give up.
9. Dr Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts. What you need to study and practise to achieve your new role in life.
8. Baron Mordo: forces of opposition and frustration in daily life; temptation to abuse skills and abilities for selfish ends.
7. Wong, your helper and assistant in daily life. Indicates sources of loyal support.
6. Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme. Indicates the nature of your true self, which will become manifest as you persist with your work.
5. Nightmare: indicates the degree of pain and anxiety you may expect from a radical change of life (when I tried this, I got the 10 of Swords here ...)
4. Clea: will you find a companion in life, to share your burdens and provide emotional and moral support?
3. Dread Dormammu: your arch enemy. Could indicate external forces that oppose you, or some major defect in your personality which you have to recognise and work with.
2. The Ancient One. Your spiritual guide, source of ethical values and wisdom.
1. The Vishanti, arbiters of cosmic order. A key to interpreting the spread as a whole.

11. The Eye of Agamotto. Direct insight into the essence of your situation.