Thesis blues?

KCB

Anyone got any helpful suggestions for a spread to help me get over the 'I hate my thesis and want to die' phase I currently seem to be in? Its been three and a half years, my money is about to evaporate, and the thesis (bastard thing) is nowhere near completion.

the eternally crabby kcb

Zelmira

Idea

KCB:
I relate to your feeling. Perhaps you could use some spread that deals with what is blocking you because perhaps this is the reason why you hate your thesis. When I read your message that came to my mind almost inmediately. I hope this help. Best luck. Peace,

Zelmira

KCB

In desperation the other day i just pulled a three card one. Got the Hermit, the 10 Swords, and the King of Swords. Hermit, well yes, its a solitary pursuit supposedly in search of wisdom and enlightenment. I feel solitary but if anything wisdom and enlightenement seem further away. With the 10 Swords, i could see both sides, as in that it feels as painful as it looks but on the other hand am I just being a whinger? And then I was really dismayed to see the King. I have never liked that card, and I dont want to turn out like that. So it didnt help me at all. Back to square one.

Tarotingineer

I have an idea..........perhaps you're looking into this a bit too much? Instead of looking at the cards for help, try clearing your mind, and then returning to the thesis. I've been through that stage, thank god it's over. But you'll only achieve it if you can sit down and write it. If your mind is calm and clear, you'll be able to come up with more ideas.

Bloudwedd

KCB: I have been through this phase too. But for me it ended up me leaving it all behind for new fresh pastures! And no, I have never regret it! Now I dont know how things work in Australia where you seems to work iff this is even possible but I am not at all surprised by the cards you drew. Hermit for the fact that you need to figure out inside out what you want of your life and why you hav this block. 10 of Swords for the feelings you are carrying now - everything is very dark. But also for the fact that the worst is over. after almost 4 years YOU are the one with all the expertise! draw on your knowledge and see if you can take some new approach. King of Swords for the fact that you need to me just and fair with yourself. Maybe you having the blues influences how your sees the completion of your theses? But also KoS maybe ofr someone supportive with fresh analytical eyes on your faculty? If not supervisor maybe your co-supervisor.

Here is suggestion on a spread to try. it might give you some inspiration or just a kick in the behind. It is not at all my own design but something I found here at the forums. So I take no credit for it:
TRAFIC LIGHTS

Red-DONT do this!
Green-DO this!
Yellow-what to look for or to consider.

Appropiate question might be: what can I do to finsih up my theseis in time?

Best of luck!
/Anna

KCB

thanks for the comics!

sometimes practicality wins out, even over tarot. The more I write, the closer I will be to submitting and the quicker I will get my life back.

I'd be curious to hear from my respondents whether your respective theses, finished or unfinished, bore some unexpected fruit. I keep plugging away at this in the hope that somewhere, somehow, this three letters I am chasing will open some amazing door somewhere which i can rush through and have the satisfaction of going 'ahhh so thats where it was leading!'.

K