Melissa's Lenormand (in progress)

WaterSong

Loved your work!

will get one once you are done, for sure...love that vintage look :)

best to you, keep the good work!
xoxoxox

SolSionnach

I'm so glad that I clicked on "new posts", because I don't frequent the tarot deck creation forum..

Tarotmama, these cards are inspired! If you can't figure out a way to have them printed, perhaps you could go the route of a lulu e-book where people could cut out the cards and laminate them themselves. I know that Julia Cuccia-Watts has done that with a smaller version of the Maat tarot, for people who want a smaller version of her deck.

Just a thought...

Chronata

Wow! The three new cards...STUNNING!

Love the moon. Just totally in love. Love the background you used, love the image.

Sigh. I have completely fallen for your deck!

Manda

They're adorable! Really nice work!

tarotmama

I've been working on this all day. It's the Lily card, version 2 (actually version 4, but who's counting?). When my husband saw the new card he said that he was glad I was redoing it because he didn't like the old one -- and he knows nothing about cards or art... OIY!

Feedback is appreciated!

I think I'm just so stuck on this card because I don't find anything particularly visually interesting about a lily. I mean, it's a pretty flower, but slap it on a card by itself and it's still a flower. It just doesn't speak to me -- at least, I haven't found any talking flowers yet. :D

Attachments

• lily4.jpg
    lily4.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 149

thorhammer

It's very pretty, Mel, I especially love the border at the top, and the actual lily is nice and substantial . . . just makes me think the two girls are lovers :) not that there's anything wrong with that.

Maybe it's just because I learnt by the Treppner method, but to me the Lily is a masculine card, and represents passion and possibly nefarious, sex-based intentions.

I see what you mean about it being just a flower :D that's how I feel about the Ring card. Wow. Draw a circle, there's your Ring :D Maybe the thoughts above could help kickstart you? I could have a look at my Treppner course later today and summarise its discussion of the card if you haven't seen it and would like the input?

And I'll shut up any time you like about your Lily cards, just say so :p

\m/ Kat

tarotmama

thorhammer said:
Maybe it's just because I learnt by the Treppner method, but to me the Lily is a masculine card, and represents passion and possibly nefarious, sex-based intentions.

Yes! That is actually the reason I chose the two women -- and in the first version, the woman I put on the card had a very wicked smile. I suppose I see the card as being about a loss of innocence or maturation. I do not know about the card being masculine. I am not familiar with the Treppner method. Is this a book?

thorhammer

tarotmama said:
Yes! That is actually the reason I chose the two women -- and in the first version, the woman I put on the card had a very wicked smile. I suppose I see the card as being about a loss of innocence or maturation. I do not know about the card being masculine. I am not familiar with the Treppner method. Is this a book?
LOL so the voyeuristic feeling I got was exactly what you were aiming for :) good on you!

The Treppner course is referenced quite extensively in the Lenormand subforum - it's written by some ?German? people and is fantastic. It's a series of lessons presented in pdf format, and there is (obviously, since I've read it) an English version. It's very traditionally based and the overall tone is a little less rigid than . . . er, the name escapes me - that other book in English :D I got so much out of it, and got the basics down within a week with the help of the pdf. It's brilliant.

\m/ Kat

ETA: I meant to say, the Treppner references the Lily as being one of the cards that can represent a man within a spread - others being the Cavalier, the Lord, the Bear, the Dog etc :)

tarotmama

thorhammer said:
The Treppner course is referenced quite extensively in the Lenormand subforum - it's written by some ?German? people and is fantastic.

LENORMAND SUBFORUM!! All this time I've been on the forum I never bothered to click the Oracle Study Groups forum.

The Treppner course sounds good, but it'll have to wait for richer times ;)

My knowledge of the Lenormand cards & combos has been limited to what I've gleamed off blogs and internet searches mostly! I will admit I'm sort of making a lot of this up as I go along!

thorhammer

LOL @ you :D It's a nice place, usually - very informative anyway.

You're doing great if you're just feeling your way through these cards! They're coming up beautifully, and please know that my comments on the Lily come in part from my love of tradition; many will come along and say do what makes you feel good, make it how you want, all that :) I just get a bit . . . purist . . .sometimes :D

\m/ Kat