Anchi's Dianic Tarot

rwcarter

Welcome!

I like your art style. I don't know anything about dianic witchcraft or plant magic though so can't speak to that part of the images. But I like what you did with the people themselves.

gregory

I agree with Rodney - lovely art work, and I know NOTHING ! If you would like to explain the background, I'd be fascinated.

MoonGypsy

Blessed Be! i am quite enthusiastic about this deck!
i have had many Dianic sisters over the last 30 years or so...
In fact, i was just watching a "Gathering of Goddesses" with
Z Budapest yesterday! :) [Considered by many to be the "Mother
of todays Dianic Craft/Goddess Movement."]

i will be interested in watching this deck's process.... :heart:

Anchi

Thanks for your feedbacks :)

I must say, I’m not a real dianic witch, but some of them inspired me to create this dianic Tarot and I found the world need more pure female things for the strong patriarchic systems today.

For the Fool I chose the birch because it’s the midwife of trees. In its small and gracile branches grow wishes and become reality. Also it’s the first tree in the spring which dares to grow leafs.

For my “hanged woman” I chose the ivy, because it’s the only tree so give in its standing growth to heal the wounds of our earth, to curl and crawl and see the world from the bottom. I found the idea of the Hanged Man as a person who transform in a stagnant, but living tree so beautiful :)

For Harmony I chose the linden tree because its name in German call “Linde” and this is part of “Linderung”, it means healing. And healing you can get only if your soul, body and spirit are in harmony. For short ^^

It’s interesting because I paint much symbols, I didn’t notice before and every time when I show my cards to someone else, we find more symbols ^^

More later :)

frejasphere

Hi Anchi
Lovely artwork & interesting to read about the symbolism behind your cards too :)

rwcarter

(Hopefully) Constructive criticism follows.

I didn't pay attention to what the card was supposed to be before I clicked the link. So I started counting circles and got way past 10, so had to go back and look at what the card was supposed to be. Seeing it's an Ace Earth, I guess I can see the undifferentiated potential in the card. Without knowing what card it's supposed to be I would never have guessed that was an Ace Earth. Is your deck going to have card titles printed on them?

Virgin? Really? The term that came to mind is one I can't use here, but let's just say she looks like the type who would get men all riled up and then leave them high and dry. Not quite a virgin.... :bugeyed:

Maybe my mind is too far in the gutter, but that Guardian looks like she's doing things with that dolphin that could get her put in jail. :bugeyed:

Rodney

Anchi

Hi

Thanks for your criticism :) I needed it ^^

Is your deck going to have card titles printed on them?

Yes, of course. If it will be print, there will be titles ;) I photographed only the paintings

Virgin? Really? The term that came to mind is one I can't use here, but let's just say she looks like the type who would get men all riled up and then leave them high and dry. Not quite a virgin....

And yes, I thought later so, too ^^ “Virgin” is the wrong translation. Maybe “Maid” is better? I am not sure, how to call the face cards. I change it sometimes ^^

Maybe my mind is too far in the gutter, but that Guardian looks like she's doing things with that dolphin that could get her put in jail.

That I don’t understand. What do you see there? Maybe your perception is to male to understand this card? ^^ I see a mermaid, who is swimming with the dolphins ^^

more later

rwcarter

That I don’t understand. What do you see there? Maybe your perception is to male to understand this card? ^^ I see a mermaid, who is swimming with the dolphins ^^
Looks like she's astride the dolphin's back, holding it around the neck as she rubs herself (sexually) against it. Looks like they're both enjoying that physical contact. The mermaid appears to have two foot-fins so she is riding on top of the dolphin instead of along side it.