Pearls of Wisdom Tarot Study Group

Rede Seeker

Layer upon layer

There is so much to see in each card.

Here's an excerpt from an email from the Publisher (posted with permission):

'The artist tells me the original paintings were designed as “3D” and that the cards go “3D” under a magnifying glass. Just a bit of trivia.

High Adventure,

7th House '

6 Haunted Days

Rede Seeker said:
There is so much to see in each card.

Here's an excerpt from an email from the Publisher (posted with permission):

'The artist tells me the original paintings were designed as “3D” and that the cards go “3D” under a magnifying glass. Just a bit of trivia.

High Adventure,

7th House '

Wow interesting thing to know! I'm going to hunt my magnifying glass down. A whole other aspect!

Strange they told me none of this when I wrote them about the deck and artist. What question/s did you ask them? How the deck was painted and such?

I'm curious as to the medium used. Did they mention that?

Rede Seeker

3-D Effects

That email was out-of-the-blue.

I had communicated with 7th House several weeks ago when my first deck had two Aces of Pentacles and no Queen of Pentacles (they replaced the deck) and then a few weeks later to let them know that the Study Group had started but no recent communications.

It may be a local connection. 7th House is in the Woodlands, Texas about 90 minutes north of where I live. Before the Pearls of Wisdom deck came out, I had asked them about classes or personal appearances in the area.

I didn't ask about the media used, but I would love to know what shade of blue she used - whether it is a commercial hue or one she blended herself.

6 Haunted Days

I keep meaning to ask this and forget.

Has anyone else noticed how in almost every card the left side border stone area (and the symbols, things etc.) is darker than the right? Some don't have this, but most do. Is there a reason for this? Like if there are flames on the left and then repeated on the right, theyre lighter shades of red and orange, yellow. Just very curious about this. Or perhaps just a printing thing?

I wanted to bring up how there are so many flowers in this deck, and I'm not very good at identifying flowers at sight. Should we start a thread for that? Perhaps people more in the know could give their help or findings.

I love all the flower and plant/herb symbolism present, it could add such depth and wisdom to the interpertations and a reading, just kind of lost in the identification part!

Sulis

6 Haunted Days said:
Has anyone else noticed how in almost every card the left side border stone area (and the symbols, things etc.) is darker than the right? Some don't have this, but most do. Is there a reason for this?

I hadn't noticed this at all but I have now :D
Could it be a reference to the pillars of the High Priestess, one black and one white, showing the duality of dark and light and how most things are somewhere in-between?

6 Haunted Days

Sulis said:
I hadn't noticed this at all but I have now :D
Could it be a reference to the pillars of the High Priestess, one black and one white, showing the duality of dark and light and how most things are somewhere in-between?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought perhaps rather than a printing error it was intended to be like moving from darkness to light, as the Death card shows quite clearly. Awakening to our higher selves and to Divinity in our daily lives. This is a very spiritual deck and focuses on that aspect quite a bit. I think it could mean many things when you think about it!

Rede Seeker

Comments from Roxi Sim

Posted with her permission:

"The paintings are done in acrylic, (though many think they look like oils) My technique is that of layering colours (various types of blues, or layering primary colours over each other to create secondary and tertiary colours. I use many layers at least 3 and up to 6 or 8 which gives rise to the richness of the colours. The paint is even unique, from a very small paint producer in Vancouver called Kroma. He grinds and mixes his own colours and they have the most pigment that the binder can carry, which also adds to the intenseness, richness and different hues of the colours. I have also used iridescent golds, silvers and pearls, which give them a very magical feel. This is somewhat lost in the translation to the decks.

The major arcana are 30"x40" and the minor arcana are 24"x36".

One day we will have a big show/event and they will be for sale, but not until we do a show. date unknown location unknown but we could create a mailing list if you want??

Also please pass on how impressed I am with this forum and the powers of observation and deduction these folks have in reading the cards. As a former teacher I am tempted to say they all get A's lol. I am enjoying reading their insights, they have "seen" things even "I" didn't "intend", but as I basically "downloaded" the images, I had no preconception before drawing them up, I imagine there are many things even "I don't know" that are there, because they came "through me" not from me. Even though I spent a long time researching each card before, the painting process itself was a very intuitive process. The paintings "told me" what to do and when each painting was finished. In some ways it was very much like a "remembering" as they all seemed so familiar when they were done. "

Sulis

Wow thanks for passing this on Rede Seeker.

I love the thought that Roxy Sim is reading our little study group :D

Hedera

I'm thinking about getting this deck - it looks fun and interesting.

But there's so little information to be found about it!

Could anyone give me some idea of the size of the cards?
The cardstock?
I'm also curious about what the backs look like...

Edit:
*blush*

Nevermind, just after posting this I found this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87362&highlight=pearls+wisdom which really answered all of my questions.

Really, I had done a search before but not much showed up - perhaps I'd made a typo of some kind.

Rede Seeker

Deck information

Welcome to the Group, Hedera.

I have petite hands, so the card size was awkward at first. As you've probably already read in the other threads, my cards tended to stick together. Now that I've been using them consistently, that problem has gone away.