Lenormond vs Sibilla

canid

Other than the amount of cards (36 vs 52), is there a huge difference in the meanings? Crossovers? I had & gave away my Gypsy Oracle (sibilla) and my Gypsy Witch cards; but I'm getting re-interested; the Gypsy Witch Lenormond deck arrived today. I did do some work with the sibilla but I just never really clicked with those old-fashioned images. I think this was the deck my granny used though...I really like the art on Mystical Kipper (Lenormond). I do have a very extensive list of meanings for the Sibilla that I posted back in 2010, if anyone's interested. Took a while to compile, from various sources & cross-referencing, because as far as I know there IS no book for them.

Lady Freya

Thanks!

greatdane

Great Question, Canid!

I only used Lenormands and there is a difference to me. Different cards, just different. One day I may switch over, but for now, just using Lenormands because I'm very comfortable there and you know the saying, if it isn't broken :). But there are beautiful decks for both.

Lady Freya

I only used Lenormands and there is a difference to me. Different cards, just different. One day I may switch over, but for now, just using Lenormands because I'm very comfortable there and you know the saying, if it isn't broken :). But there are beautiful decks for both.

I know how you feel. That is why I prefer to be taught... I just signed up for the course on this cards held at the School of Italian Cartomancy.

http://www.italiancartomancy.com/the-school-of-italian-cartomancy.html

I really looking forward to it!