Working on an Oracle deck

seven stars

A lot of people have been using the Samhain treat deck as an oracle deck, so at first I was going to work on this for a Tarot variation but then I thought maybe people would like the John Waterhouse images for an Oracle. What do you think?

Attachments

• Waterhouse Oracle assortment.jpg
    Waterhouse Oracle assortment.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 296
  • cardbacks.jpg
    cardbacks.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 241

desertrat

Absolutely! Is this available? I want it!! :D

SixDegrees

I'd buy this immediately. I have always wanted a decent Waterhouse Tarot, but every deck that has incorporates his images seems to mess it up somehow (flimsy card stock, awkward borders, never gets delivered from Kickstarter, etc.).

So, I'd settle for a Waterhouse oracle!

Lil Red

I absolutely love it! :heart:

Autumn Spice

Images I've always loved! Beautiful! I will order it when it's ready.

seven stars

Oh, awesome. I'll finish it up & get it on the website this week then. I still think it would make a great Tarot as well but I think I'd have to do a little manipulation of the images to really make it work & I just really like the images like they are as well - the more I got to working with them the more I kept thinking, these are soooo descriptive just as they are - you've got imagery for narcissism, jealousy, mourning, angst, longing, love, adoration, rejection, work, shock, hope, magic, death.....so many things. Thanks for the input.

GlitterNova

I've often thought his art would work well in some sort of divination deck. These cards look beautiful! They absolutely would go/will go on my wishlist.

desertrat

Ack! This deck is available now!!! Why didn't anyone tell me? :(

Well, I ordered one - can't wait to see it in person. :D

Dark Victory '39

holy moly how beautiful

Seven Stars, is the waterhouse print with the woman in blue velvet with a little mouse on the floor, in there? Sorry, blanking on the name. dang-it, getting my preraph artists mixed up; i think i'm thinking of a millais print. Still, those kaleidoscope backs are killer.

seven stars

Seven Stars, is the waterhouse print with the woman in blue velvet with a little mouse on the floor, in there? Sorry, blanking on the name. dang-it, getting my preraph artists mixed up; i think i'm thinking of a millais print. Still, those kaleidoscope backs are killer.

Hmm I don't remember a mouse....they're all Waterhouse paintings. And thanks about the backs - I was really going to just make one but then I liked all of them & couldn't make up my mind! =)) (Actually I narrowed it down from about 12).