Morgan's Tarot

claire1805

I was just window-shopping for Tarot decks online when I came across this unique 'Oracle' deck of 88 cards. So far, they have left a lasting impression on me with their distinct images and humorous/insightful titles. But the deck itself seems to be in black and white... Are they supposed to be coloured in? I am thinking that this can be like a 'customised' deck where one could add their desired colours to the cards...

Let me know what you think of the deck! >_< And if you do own it, how does it read for you?

2dogs

I see someone has coloured it in and it sounds like they enjoyed doing it. :)

ana luisa

I was just window-shopping for Tarot decks online when I came across this unique 'Oracle' deck of 88 cards. So far, they have left a lasting impression on me with their distinct images and humorous/insightful titles. But the deck itself seems to be in black and white... Are they supposed to be coloured in? I am thinking that this can be like a 'customised' deck where one could add their desired colours to the cards...

Let me know what you think of the deck! >_< And if you do own it, how does it read for you?

Hi claire! I recently bought this deck. I believe it "could" be colored by you BUT there is a glossy finish which may require the use of felt pens. As to the way it reads, well, you will have to experience it. Do not be fooled. It is a VERY deep deck and the readings are puzzle like. It has an ironic sense of humor and the answers are not light but precise and to the point. A little anecdote so you have an idea what I mean: when I received my deck, it came with a flaw. I believe that during the packaging process, half of the cards were bent which made it impossible for me to put all the cards in a neat pile. I could actually "see" there was a gap between some cards. Well, I decided to keep it but asked : why did I have to get this different / defective deck ?!!!. It gave me the LOVE card. I had to learn how to love the differences :D That's how it speaks.

Chronata, a member of AT AND professional reader adores this deck and has many versions of it. maybe she'll also pitch in with some ideas and personal experiences with it !

claire1805

Hi claire! I recently bought this deck. I believe it "could" be colored by you BUT there is a glossy finish which may require the use of felt pens. As to the way it reads, well, you will have to experience it. Do not be fooled. It is a VERY deep deck and the readings are puzzle like. It has an ironic sense of humor and the answers are not light but precise and to the point. A little anecdote so you have an idea what I mean: when I received my deck, it came with a flaw. I believe that during the packaging process, half of the cards were bent which made it impossible for me to put all the cards in a neat pile. I could actually "see" there was a gap between some cards. Well, I decided to keep it but asked : why did I have to get this different / defective deck ?!!!. It gave me the LOVE card. I had to learn how to love the differences :D That's how it speaks.

Chronata, a member of AT AND professional reader adores this deck and has many versions of it. maybe she'll also pitch in with some ideas and personal experiences with it !

Thank you ana for dropping by once again! :) I really like the look of the deck ALOT once I went to the artist's website to see some of the cards. Previously, I thought it was a colourless version of the Morgan Greer Tarot. Far from it... Out of curiosity, I clicked 'Pick one!' on the website and got the 'Wait' card. That resonated with me immediately... I am just not very fond of black and white decks... So, the urge to put some colour to the cards on screen came to me!

I 'asked' another random question on the website just for fun again, on whether I will be meeting my soulmate soon. And the card, The Virgin Sun Queen appeared...LOL...

ana luisa

That's EXACTLY the kind of humor I was talking about ! :D

Chronata

As ana luisa stated...I LOVE this deck. Adore it, and cherish it like no other oracle or tarot in my collection.

It's wisdom is unique in that it starts out seemingly fluffy and ridiculous...and then sneakily reveals a true and deep profoundness.

This deck was kind of like a gateway drug for me...I expereinced it early on, when I was interested in all tarot and occulty things...and as I grew in knowledge...I began to appreciate it throughout the years as a deck that is fabulously multi layered.

Because of this deck, I became more interested in Hindu Mysticism, Buddhism and other religions, and faith based practices.

But as far as coloring...why not? if you buy it it becomes YOUR tool...to do whatever you please with!
I personally like the stark Black and White because it helps me focus, without the distraction of color that adds unconcious symbolism.

But the addition of color might work really well for you to connect with it on a personal level.
I know of a friend that borrowed my Sharpies (I have a lot of them!) and colored the deck for himself. They came out beautiful! He also drew other little things in the cards to help him better connect to the meanings. Weird little cartoon animal things...that surprisingly fit in with the deck's overall vibe.